UCDavis???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any news lately anyone???

Members don't see this ad.

jnguyen0815 said:
any news lately anyone???

I called today but they didn't answer the phone. I think they're hiding from all us anxious applicants.

i called, still no news, after.. more than 3.5 months....

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing for a waitlist spot tomorrow! Bah..

firebird69guy said:
Interviewing for a waitlist spot tomorrow! Bah..

Good luck. Hope you're sleeping already because the day starts early at La Bou's.

Uegis said:
Good luck. Hope you're sleeping already because the day starts early at La Bou's.

yea, that was one of my least favorite interview days. It started early and needing to go from one campus to another was a drag.

Uegis said:

Couldn't sleep all night!! I work graves so I'm still on that schedule. Oh well.. they should understand.

8:00 isn't too early.. CCLCM wanted me there at like 7:30 or something, and coming from the west coast SUCKED!! Thats like.. 4:30 AM if my calculations are correct, and United screwed up my flight and had me landing at 2:00AM on the day of my interview. Worst ever!!!

Don't ever fly united.

Firebird,

Good luck with your interview. Relax, they were super cool.

Nicnic

i finally caved in and decided to join the sdn conversation. :) it's comfort and torture reading the posts everyday, but now that may is rolling around, the anxiety and excitement is getting undeniably contagious. there's beauty in commiseration, and i really appreciate the people who share their journeys on the forums.

me: i interviewed at davis mid march and am waiting for a verdict. davis has been my first choice from the start, and i'd given up all hope having not heard anything since my secondaries were submitted back in august, when i'd gotten the interview email the first week of march. oh happy day! but silly me, i replied to the email to set my interview date, waited a few days for a confirmation, and upon hearing nothing, I gave them a call and found out the email was worthless and I was supposed to have called to secure my interview date (heads up for all of u who get this email in the future). the first 2 weeks filled up so quickly it made my head spin.
secured my march 17th interview date, drove from sf at 4:30 AM, got to the orientation with a bad case of ibs from drinking starbucks w/ very little sleep, but the day got better and better as i met more and more davis-ites. the people there are awesome and the school is tru norcal thru and thru.

the latest i've heard was from ms. terry hall: "Our hope is to have ALL
decisions made by the end of May/early June."

if anyone has questions about the davis interview (or uvm, ucla, penn state, or ucsd) feel free to email me and i'll share what i can. :) [email protected].

happy may everyone! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I got a phone call from Terri today! I interviewed in early March if anyone is wondering. Did anyone else hear today?

gossmer said:
I got a phone call from Terri today! I interviewed in early March if anyone is wondering. Did anyone else hear today?

i take it you got in ?!?

gossmer said:

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay! Congratulations! :thumbup:

Okay, now I'm going to be freaking out every time my phone rings... :eek:
I interviewed in late March...

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Congratulations Gossmer. Way to go. I am soooo happy for you!! :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

Congrats, Congrats!!!!

tifa said:
Congrats, Congrats!!!!

Thanks everyone. I was really starting to sweat. I had started filling out the 2007 AMCAS about an hour before Terri called! I think fate just wanted me to suffer enough before I finally got an acceptance somewhere. :laugh:

I hope you all get good news soon.

gossmer said:
Thanks everyone. I was really starting to sweat. I had started filling out the 2007 AMCAS about an hour before Terri called! I think fate just wanted me to suffer enough before I finally got an acceptance somewhere. :laugh:

I hope you all get good news soon.

Wow - congrats! I can only imagine what it must feel like since I don't have any acceptances yet either. Send some :luck: this way 'cause this will probably be the last cycle for me.

2ndChrm said:
Wow - congrats! I can only imagine what it must feel like since I don't have any acceptances yet either. Send some :luck: this way 'cause this will probably be the last cycle for me.

I'm with you 2ndchrm! I still don't have any acceptances either. I am planning on writing another LOI to Davis very soon. Aside from updating them on one class I'm taking, i really don't have much to say. I have been wanting to call Terri for the past couple days, but for some reason I'm afraid. I know she's not going to reject me over the phone, but still... Now i'm worried I can't even make it to the waitlist...sigh...

Sorry...just had to vent...

Just thought you guys might want to know...i called Terri and she said that the class is currently full. They are still in the reviewing process. And a waitlist may not be generated until early June... :(

virluminous said:
Just thought you guys might want to know...i called Terri and she said that the class is currently full. They are still in the reviewing process. And a waitlist may not be generated until early June... :(

June! Wow, that's crazy. Don't their class start the first week of August???

gossmer said:
Crawl back under your rock, troll.

Troll? Wow, since you'll be starting at Davis this year- I'll make sure and keep an eye out for you on the wards in a couple of years- Obviously you will have no difficulty standing apart from the rest of your class.

You were born for this school.

Let me guess Ob-Gyn?

4 years of people with agendas, major chips on their shoulders, and feigned understanding and concern for the plight of the downtrodden masses.

Gotta love UCD.

Underachievment said:
Let me guess Ob-Gyn?

4 years of people with agendas, major chips on their shoulders, and feigned understanding and concern for the plight of the downtrodden masses.

Gotta love UCD.

what a lovely description.

gossmer said:
June! Wow, that's crazy. Don't their class start the first week of August???

Heck...orientation starts July 31st I think!

Congrats on your :thumbup: from Davis! I'm a March interviewee waiting for word myself...

2 Boys! (checking once again to make sure my phone still works)

I'd give anything to go here. I'd love to call Terri too, but I feel like I've done everything and then some to get in here.
Gossmer, if you do go into OB/GYN, there's a fabulous clinical prof named Dr. Pascowitz whom I work with, and you'd love him, but I know a few other awesome profs who are great. They turn out true praciticing physicians at UCD; it's not all about the academic ivory tower. Anyone who's bitter (not to mention any names...) will poo-poo your success. I say, celebrate it. :D

nikibean said:
I'd give anything to go here. I'd love to call Terri too, but I feel like I've done everything and then some to get in here.
Gossmer, if you do go into OB/GYN, there's a fabulous clinical prof named Dr. Pascowitz whom I work with, and you'd love him, but I know a few other awesome profs who are great. They turn out true praciticing physicians at UCD; it's not all about the academic ivory tower. Anyone who's bitter (not to mention any names...) will poo-poo your success. I say, celebrate it. :D

Thanks Nikibean. Actually, I'm not interested in OB/GYN at this point but I'll keep that doc in mind. You never know. The clinical focus is what I liked about Davis too, research is not my thing. And I'm ignoring the haters. Thanks.

2Sexy4MedSchool said:
Hi all. A quick question for Niki and the others who interviewed late(r) with me, say, after 3/1 -- have you recieved an e-mail or other indication that you were placed on "hold" or "waitlist" or whatever? Or is the lack of rejection the only notice we get?

By the way, message for Niki: Ronda visited your place of employment on Good Friday, where she was able to confirm that yes, I am potent and yes, she is with child. It's nice to know all these years of practicing paid off.

Why haven't you posted what you just emailed me?????

2Sexy will be at Davis this fall (summer?). AND they just saw the ultrasound. Congrats my friend!

Congratulations! You really are too sexy, aren't ya? ;)

I called this morning- there are a couple of committee meetings this week so there should be some decisions towards the end of the week!

beffers8888 said:
I called this morning- there are a couple of committee meetings this week so there should be some decisions towards the end of the week!

:thumbup: Thanks for the info!

Good :luck: everyone!

2 Boys! (as I check my phone once again)

I got a phone call from Teri yesterday! (I had an interview on 4/2.) It looks like there are withdrawls almost every day. I remember somebody mentioned that the class was full around the end of last week and I got accepted yesterday! Please stay hopeful until you get the phone call. Good luck!

roo425 said:
I got a phone call from Teri yesterday! (I had an interview on 4/2.) It looks like there are withdrawls almost every day. I remember somebody mentioned that the class was full around the end of last week and I got accepted yesterday! Please stay hopeful until you get the phone call. Good luck!

[trying not to get jealous] [trying not to get jealous] [trying not to get jealous]

I'm so jealous!! Doh! I mean - congrats! :)

I'm glad that spots are opening up and that people are getting acceptance calls but my heart stops each time my phone rings these days! Also, I've been waiting for over 3 months with no word but people who interviewed later than me have already heard. I feel like this can't be a good sign.

beffers8888 said:
I'm glad that spots are opening up and that people are getting acceptance calls but my heart stops each time my phone rings these days! Also, I've been waiting for over 3 months with no word but people who interviewed later than me have already heard. I feel like this can't be a good sign.

I've been waiting for FOUR months since I found out i was put on hold. And if you count from the interview date it's been FIVE months. So I definitely know how you feel!!

is it wrong for a school to interview you in the middle of january and not respond until after may 15th? because that's what it looks like it's going to be a for davis...

kirexhana said:
is it wrong for a school to interview you in the middle of january and not respond until after may 15th? because that's what it looks like it's going to be a for davis...

Do you think you'd go to Davis kirexhana? My absolutely unbiased opinion would be Duke over Davis, but yeah.. excellent job getting in to Duke. =)

I think these schools should at least send some type of correspondance. Have UC Davis post-secondary rejections been rolling out? I called yesterday and Terri Hall wasn't in, but the lady told me that as of now the class is not full (and they're still accepting people). Sadly, I was the last interviewee on the last interview day, so I probably won't find out my decision until the beginning of the academic year.

firebird69guy said:
Do you think you'd go to Davis kirexhana? My absolutely unbiased opinion would be Duke over Davis, but yeah.. excellent job getting in to Duke. =)

I think these schools should at least send some type of correspondance. Have UC Davis post-secondary rejections been rolling out? I called yesterday and Terri Hall wasn't in, but the lady told me that as of now the class is not full (and they're still accepting people). Sadly, I was the last interviewee on the last interview day, so I probably won't find out my decision until the beginning of the academic year.

actually, davis is near the bottom of my list of schools i'd go to that i interviewed at, just cuz my day ended badly there (i got picked on by dr. bera and his lackey interviewee, some asian b!tch from SF, the actual interview day was really nice and my host was awesome). but what makes me more peeved is that i paid 200 for the ticket to go to the interview, the least they could do is tell me something in a timely manner.

so yea, this post is just me being totally petulant and whiny, so don't take it too seriously :p

bump.. come on, let's see some more withdrawals!! =)

Man! firebirdguy!!!....You gotta change you avatar ;) .... Every time I see it I imagine you are a HOTTT GIRLLLL!!! Then I remember...its Keira knightley! :(

gossmer said:
Thanks Nikibean. Actually, I'm not interested in OB/GYN at this point but I'll keep that doc in mind. You never know. The clinical focus is what I liked about Davis too, research is not my thing. And I'm ignoring the haters. Thanks.

Haters suck :thumbdown: . I say go for OB/GYN!! Don't let anyone pressure you away from your dreams! :thumbup:

p.s. Keep up the positive thoughts

argonana said:
what a lovely description.

Unfortunately, yes it was, and the more I have thought it over- you will probably be happier. Do well on the boards- you should have no problem coming back if you should choose so. Good luck to you.

Underachievment said:
Unfortunately, yes it was, and the more I have thought it over- you will probably be happier. Do well on the boards- you should have no problem coming back if you should choose so. Good luck to you.

Thanks man. It's no Cali, but I'm sure NYC will be interesting. I'm definitely coming back in four years, haha. Best of luck to you with residency next year.

i interviewed last month...april 13th

i called towards the end of last week and was told that i was still being reviewed...now that it's May 15th...is there even a chance i could get in / be waitlisted?

I interviewed Dec 21st and I'm still being reviewed . . . no decision yet, not even waitlist!

xxbruinxx said:
i interviewed last month...april 13th

i called towards the end of last week and was told that i was still being reviewed...now that it's May 15th...is there even a chance i could get in / be waitlisted?

zeephro said:
I interviewed Dec 21st and I'm still being reviewed . . . no decision yet, not even waitlist!

wow.... that's just wrong.. jan 12th but i can't even compare.... just wondering.... who interviewed you? PM me?