UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who are accepted already....

is the signature on your acceptance letter hand signed or computer generated?

:laugh:
Take finger prints also.

Members don't see this ad.

From my experience, many schools seem to send waitlists/rejections first...I really don't want yesterday's batch to be bad news....

Hey guys..i just talked to my friend who is a MSIV at Geffen...and he said that UCLA has not filled their entering class yet..so he is PRETTY SURE that the majority of the letters sent are ACCEPTANCES because UCLA has to fill its class before the end of this month because of AAMC standards..so lets hope he is right for all of those waiting on their letters..GOOD LUCK!:luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys..i just talked to my friend who is a MSIV at Geffen...and he said that UCLA has not filled their entering class yet..so he is PRETTY SURE that the majority of the letters sent are ACCEPTANCES because UCLA has to fill its class before the end of this month because of AAMC standards..so lets hope he is right for all of those waiting on their letters..GOOD LUCK!:luck: :luck:

Thanks for these words of hope! I've been a nervous wreck since yesterday, and I really needed a shot of optimism. :) Here's hoping he's right! Godd luck to everyone with/without status changes! :luck:

its about time someone offered optimism. all morning its been nothing but pessimism. come on guys. If you want to be a mighty bruin, you gotta be optimistic.:D

I'm trying to get excited about Pritzker, where I'll probably end up at this point, by looking at their website right now so that I won't be too devastated when I get the news from UCLA. But I won't give up hope until I get the letter! Good luck to all of us :)

I have never posted on this thread, but I always read it. Anywho, I interviewed in late Jan and still no status update. I just called the admissions office and the nice lady told me that the dean hasn't signed letters yet. Don't really know what that means. Does the dean also have to sign for rejections or only acceptances?

Hasn't signed letters yet...when? That doesn't really say anything about yesterday...unless there was more context to your story. thoughts?

yes, THANK YOU for the news and shot of optimism!!!!! :clap: It means sooo much to us!!!

yes, THANK YOU for the news and shot of optimism!!!!! :clap: It means sooo much to us!!!

No kidding. Either way this letter will be closure on my medical school application process (unless it is a waitlist of course :rolleyes:)

USPS don't let us down. Get those letters to So Cal people by tomorrow so we can take a guess at what was sent. :thumbup:

i know ppl who interviewed in oct who did not get a status change yet, that coupled with the fact that the end of the month is coming and schools need to fill classes, im gonna say that these are all acceptances. just seems that way to me. they always reject/waitlist ppl once the class is full [shrug]

dont forget it takes 4 days, counting today, to get letters in socal. so yea. dont be nervous :)

dont forget it takes 4 days, counting today, to get letters in socal. so yea. dont be nervous :)

Guess that means somtime next week. :(

I would like to think that schools only reject after a class is full but I can say for certain that not all schools do that. I have been hosed twice so far post interview at schools that were clearly not full yet.

Heres to hoping UCLA works differently:luck:

how many spots do you guys think still need to be filled?

Members don't see this ad :)
how many spots do you guys think still need to be filled?

I would guess around 80-100. Lots of those people that got money last time were so awesome that they have probably been accepted to Harvard, UCSF, etc and would take them over UCLA leaving nice empty spots. I hope.....

No status change for me yet... I interviewed late Oct so put me with the handful of people who haven't heard back from UCLA in 6 months now!

Here's to a mixed batch of letters this time around (so that there's still a chance for us) :)

To those who are accepted already....

is the signature on your acceptance letter hand signed or computer generated?

The letter was not hand signed. Like Winne said, I bet letters sent are all acceptances this time. Who wanna make a bet on this? (Whoever makes the bet with me and gets in will have to take me out to eat during second look weekend) :D

No status change for me yet... I interviewed late Oct so put me with the handful of people who haven't heard back from UCLA in 6 months now!

Here's to a mixed batch of letters this time around (so that there's still a chance for us) :)

I feel ya man...I don't want to read into the lack of a status change...but I doubt its good news at this point.

I feel ya man...I don't want to read into the lack of a status change...but I doubt its good news at this point.

Me, too.... The possibilities are endless given their system - we're assigned a number, ranked on a list & decisions are sent out from there, so...

For example, they could be continuing to scoop off of the top of the list for acceptances, seeing how many accept and then sending out more; eventually sending out waitlist/rejections.

Or this could be that they took some off the bottom of the list for rejections/waitlists (though for some reason I don't think this is likely & hope for y'all it's not)

Or it could be a combination - some from the top, some from the bottom.

Anyways, like said before, this is all speculation - until someone starts getting mail, we have no idea whatsoever....

GL EVERYONE who has mail coming there way, and GL to everyone (including me :) ) who still have yet to have status page changes....

My interview went horribly at UCLA and I received the status update.

However, I'm not sure if interviews even matter at this point!
Some of my best interviews resulted in a rejection or waitlisted.

Anyway, I am excited to see what is coming to me! Now I just have to wait for UPenn and the waiting will FINALLY be OVER!

I'll second having an awful interview with a status page change yesterday. I interviewed in early Oct.

I had a great interview and I had no status page change...I really doubt the your own perception of your interview has little bearing on acceptances.

I hate waiting :(

My interview went horribly at UCLA and I received the status update.

However, I'm not sure if interviews even matter at this point!
Some of my best interviews resulted in a rejection or waitlisted.

Anyway, I am excited to see what is coming to me! Now I just have to wait for UPenn and the waiting will FINALLY be OVER!

I'm sure your interview went well! Better than you thought!

I found it very hard to tell what went well or didn't, and we never know what they are looking for.... I hope the mailman brings you GREAT news!

I had a great interview and I had no status page change...I really doubt the your own perception of your interview has little bearing on acceptances.

I hate waiting :(

At first thought, I'd tend to agree. What we as applicants consider doing well may not equate to what the med schools are looking for. Someone who is, say, trying to be confident may come off cocky. Someone who is trying to be thoughtful may come off as shy, etc.

When I thought a bit more about it though, at the schools where I thought I interviewed "well," I got accepted. At the school where I interviewed ok (3 interviews: 1 good, 1 ok, 1 ugh), I withdrew post-interview when I realized I was a horrible match for that school. The school that I was rejected from post-interview, the student interview went ok/well (all in all, pleasant & good conversation & I think the interviewer liked me as a person, but I think I failed to "wow!") and the faculty interview was unpleasant (very challenging of me & my thoughts, laughing in an almost condescending way, etc). So that would lead me to think that maybe I am perceiving things as the schools do. Then again, maybe this is all in hindsight.

For UCLA, the interview started off a little rough (in the first 5-10 min), but then we settled down & really had a good time - laughing, exchanging stories, etc. And the interview was super long - almost 2 hours!!! But what does this mean? I have no idea. Maybe the interviewer liked me, maybe not. Maybe that mattered little when I was discussed at committee - maybe the committee like me, maybe not. I guess I'll find out eventually.

Wait, I will find out eventually, right!?!?!?? hahahahaha :laugh:

:luck: GOOD LUCK everyone! I'm crossing my fingers & toes & hoping good news is headed your way!!! :luck:

:love: still dreaming of ucla... :love:

Hey, guys --- don't put too much weight on your interpretation of the interview. My interview was a NIGHTMARE. It couldn't have been any worse. Other things matter besides the interview.

Hey, guys --- don't put too much weight on your interpretation of the interview. My interview was a NIGHTMARE. It couldn't have been any worse. Other things matter besides the interview.

Thanks, UCLAstudent! I agree - interview is just one of many factors.

It's hard to help all this speculation, but I really feel like we have no idea what they were looking for, where we met that or fell short, etc. Whatever will be will be :)

Hopefully for those with status changes, what will be is an acceptance!!! :D
And maybe some will be leftover for those with no status changes ;)

:love: ucla :love:

Good luck to all waiting, status page changers and no-changers-as of yetters!!!!! :) :) :) :)

I am with you Rocky6. Let's stay positive. I have wanted to be a Bruin all my life.

Silver did u hear from UCLA Drew yet?

no word yet Icecold. But I got the UCLA status change yesterday.

ok on my theme of positiveness lets do an 8-clap.

U
C
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
A

U
C
L
A

Fight Fight Fight

ok on my theme of positiveness lets do an 8-clap.

U
C
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
A

U
C
L
A

Fight Fight Fight

First thing that came to mind: The bear my parents got me when I started at UCLA that wore a UCLA tee and did the 8 clap (sang & clapped his hands).... now I wonder where he went.....

The letter was not hand signed. Like Winne said, I bet letters sent are all acceptances this time. Who wanna make a bet on this? (Whoever makes the bet with me and gets in will have to take me out to eat during second look weekend) :D

I would take you up on that bet but what's in it for me if I don't get in?

I would take you up on that bet but what's in it for me if I don't get in?

Hm, Now I understand why we need this proverb "Silence is gold". :p Hm, if it's the other way around, hm... hm... hm I will lobby to the Admission office for you. yeah, that's right, Iwill lobby for you till my salivary glands get dried up LOL :D

Friday good luck bump! Best wishes to all who had status page changes (crossing my fingers) and all those still waiting!!!!!

Friday good luck bump! Best wishes to all who had status page changes (crossing my fingers) and all those still waiting!!!!!

GOOD LUCK everyone!!!! Here's hoping the mail processes rapidly & that the mailman has news for you today or tomorrow!!!! :luck:

GOOD LUCK everyone!!!! Here's hoping the mail processes rapidly & that the mailman has news for you today or tomorrow!!!! :luck:

Lets hear from the So Cal people today. I want to hear all acceptances, if not just dont post so I can keep my hopes up for a few more days:laugh:

status change on 3-21, interviewed early november. been waiting for this for so long.

so if it takes 4 days to get a letter in socal, how long until it reaches ny?

status change on 3-21, interviewed early november. been waiting for this for so long.

so if it takes 4 days to get a letter in socal, how long until it reaches ny?

in August or thereabouts. :D

nah...add a day or two.

Maybe someone can stop by the office and ask "when will waitlists or post-interview rejections be sent out?" and see if they say some have already been mailed... :D :scared:

Maybe someone can stop by the office and ask "when will waitlists or post-interview rejections be sent out?" and see if they say some have already been mailed... :D :scared:

I second this motion. :thumbup:

I like it. You could call in and ask that. Someone go for it an report back ASAP:thumbup:

Ooh, good idea. Anybody?

While I'm here, any SoCal people pick up their mail yet?

ahhh status change sometime yesterday.... oh jeez :cool:

Anyone else get a status change on the 22nd and not the 21st?

Winne just updated the schedule for the second look weekend. April 21st (and 22nd for some people) is official. So yeah, all of your that have status change this week will be accepted. They really need to fill up the quota for the class. Just dont forget to buy Kelvin dinner or lunch during the second look when you receive the official snail mail. (I just assume everyone makes the bet I mentioned in the earlier thread):D . Seriously, there's no doubt in my mind it will be all acceptances!!!!!!

Ooh, good idea. Anybody?

While I'm here, any SoCal people pick up their mail yet?

If i could find a stupid number to call i would do it. I cant find the number anywhere.

Give me a number to call people and I will do the dirty work.

If i could find a stupid number to call i would do it. I cant find the number anywhere.

I think this is it:

310-825-6081

Ok - so the number I found was 310 825 6081. Let's see if you are up to the challenge :)