UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The one on my interview letter says (310) 825-9145

Members don't see this ad.

I also got the status change JUST now to "Letter Sent" but it has yesterday's date (3/22) under the Date of Action category..

Does ANyone (who interviewed) NOT have a status change to letter sent?? because if there is nobody that is left WItHOUT a status change then it clearly means that at least one of this weeks batches is a mixed batch.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I'm going to have to take a drink with me next time I go check the mail (sometime next week). I'm excited to finally know where I stand. Wish me luck everyone who is not a hater.;)

Winne just updated the schedule for the second look weekend. April 21st (and 22nd for some people) is official. So yeah, all of your that have status change this week will be accepted. They really need to fill up the quota for the class. Just dont forget to buy Kelvin dinner or lunch during the second look when you receive the official snail mail. (I just assume everyone makes the bet I mentioned in the earlier thread):D . Seriously, there's no doubt in my mind it will be all acceptances!!!!!!

I hope beyond all hope that you are right! Just checked my status page today and it says Letter Sent 3/22/07!!! OMG it's happening!!!!!

Please, oh please, oh please UCLA - I am hoping, praying, wishing that what you sent me is great news.....

:luck: :love: dreaming of ucla.... :love: :luck:

If i could find a stupid number to call i would do it. I cant find the number anywhere.

Give me a number to call people and I will do the dirty work.

Narc, you got my vote for being the President of Class of 2011 ( I know you will get in :luck: )

QUESTION: When looking at pages last year (or the year before?) those who went to UCLA for undergrad had a button in their URSA for "Accept Offer for UCLA David Geffen" or something like that - maybe it's too soon, but mine doesn't have that button....

Does anyone else or did anyone who was already accepted have that immediately available? Available a few days later? Not available this year? Thoughts??

OMG - Don't know why, but I am shaking SO badly right now!!!!!

I hope beyond all hope that you are right! Just checked my status page today and it says Letter Sent 3/22/07!!! OMG it's happening!!!!!

Please, oh please, oh please UCLA - I am hoping, praying, wishing that what you sent me is great news.....

:luck: :love: dreaming of ucla.... :love: :luck:

Swtiepie711, they need to send out a huge batch of acceptances this time. That explains for the 2 different dates of status change. Just dont forget our dinner ok? wink wink :p

Swtiepie711, they need to send out a huge batch of acceptances this time. That explains for the 2 different dates of status change. Just dont forget our dinner ok? wink wink :p

but there are a bunch of ways to read this, and not all good

yay for swtiepie and dancer! now we're in this together.
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok people here we go:

Me: Hello I interviewed in blah blah and would like to know when the first rejection/waitlist letters will be sent out.

Admissions person: You will hear from us by the end of March.

Me: Oh ok, Well I know that acceptances have already been sent out to people I was just curious when the first rejections and waitlist would go out.

Admissions lady: I am not sure when the first ones will go out but you will hear by the end of March so dont worry.

Me: Ok thanks

Looks like good news to me

Narc, Did you tell her your name? Did she look anything up? Maybe this is a mixed batch of acceptances/waitlists/rejections for everyone that interviewed before a certain date?

Good luck everyone!

Narc, Did you tell her your name? Did she look anything up? Maybe this is a mixed batch of acceptances/waitlists/rejections for everyone that interviewed before a certain date?

Good luck everyone!

No name

My friend in the MD/PhD office speculates that it's mixed, but who knows.... I sure can hope otherwise!!

Ok people here we go:

Me: Hello I interviewed in blah blah and would like to know when the first rejection/waitlist letters will be sent out.

Me: Oh ok, Well I know that acceptances have already been sent out to people I was just curious when the first rejections and waitlist would go out.

Admissions lady: I am not sure when the first ones will go out but you will hear by the end of March so dont worry.

Hopefully she is a legitimate source and not some clueless receptionist!

Ok people here we go:

Me: Hello I interviewe in blah blah and would like to know when the first rejection/waitlist letters would be sent out.

HOLY CRAP this could be VERY GOOD NEWS~~~~!!!! ahhhhhh! status change 3/22, i seriously couldnt believe it

I hope all of us get in!!!! :luck: Good luck these next few days, I am sure they will take FOREVER to get though! but it'll be worth it!

Maybe they havent updated yet. Just wait for your letter in the mail. good luck:luck:

Kelvin, can you log in? Could you log in after your status page changed or after you got your letter?

Can the people w/ status page changes dated yesterday log in?

Kelvin can you log in?

yes, I can log in, and I just tried it now since I just found out the financial aid page was up. The page was not updated when I just got accepted.

I think the only thing we all know is that UCLA has to definitely send out enough acceptances to fill their entering class..the only thing is..we just dont have a clue of how many acceptances they will send out..In my honest opinion..I dont think they have sent out any rejections(post-interview) this early in the game..WERE STILL IN MARCH..so I think it can only be good news..and at worst..a waitlist offer

I think the only thing we all know is that UCLA has to definitely send out enough acceptances to fill their entering class..the only thing is..we just dont have a clue of how many acceptances they will send out..In my honest opinion..I dont think they have sent out any rejections(post-interview) this early in the game..WERE STILL IN MARCH..so I think it can only be good news..and at worst..a waitlist offer

But the lady said we should all hear by the end of march.... =/

OMG

STATUS CHANGE: LETTER SENT 3/22/2007

:oops: :scared: :sleep: :luck:

status change 3/21- I can't long in either.
I am sure that the UCLA IT folks are smarter than those at Harvard and will only update the database after everyone has received their letters!

Or maybe they dont set it up until we've accepted the offer!

I really think it's a batch of mixed letters if the lady at admissions said "everyone will hear by end of March".... oh wow, it's really happening... after 6 months something is happening! haha

:luck: :luck: Goodluck everyone!!!!!! :luck: :luck:

Sweetiepie, I really hope this status change means good news for you... you're the UCLA cheerleader!

Yay for status changes...good luck to you all.

Yay for swtiepie711 and QM...now is your time! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Apparently she didn't say "has gone out" but "will go out", so I will take some comfort from that!

QUESTION: When looking at pages last year (or the year before?) those who went to UCLA for undergrad had a button in their URSA for "Accept Offer for UCLA David Geffen" or something like that - maybe it's too soon, but mine doesn't have that button....

Does anyone else or did anyone who was already accepted have that immediately available? Available a few days later? Not available this year? Thoughts??

OMG - Don't know why, but I am shaking SO badly right now!!!!!

Hey swtiepie711-

I am a UCLA grad (graduated in 2004!), got my acceptance with the first batch last month, and there is nothing new on my URSA page. I am able to log-in to the financial aid form, but since they just set that up today, I don't think we can really read in to that.

Best of luck to you - I really hope you get it! You have been such a support to everyone (I also agonized in the UCSF forum earlier this year) and I'd love to have you as my classmate and fellow Bruin!!!! I certainly wouldn't want the Trojans to steal you away! :laugh:

:luck: :) :luck:

Can someone with the 3/22 status page change check their financial aid page?

Hey swtiepie711-

I am a UCLA grad (graduated in 2004!), got my acceptance with the first batch last month, and there is nothing new on my URSA page. I am able to log-in to the financial aid form, but since they just set that up today, I don't think we can really read in to that.

Best of luck to you - I really hope you get it! You have been such a support to everyone (I also agonized in the UCSF forum earlier this year) and I'd love to have you as my classmate and fellow Bruin!!!! I certainly wouldn't want the Trojans to steal you away! :laugh:

:luck: :) :luck:

Babel,
Thanks for the URSA info - I thought that may be a sneaky way to find something out early ;) And thanks for your kind words! I was saying to Sage that I feel a little like the mother hen of all the people on this thread - I want so much for everyones' dreams to come true! And I strongly would love to continue my Bruin-ness and not be, as my friend calls is, a Brujan! :laugh:

:luck: :love: dreaming of UCLA.... :love: :luck:

Has ANYBODY received the letter mailed on 3/21? Come through for us, US Postal Service!

Babel,
Thanks for the URSA info - I thought that may be a sneaky way to find something out early ;) And thanks for your kind words! I was saying to Sage that I feel a little like the mother hen of all the people on this thread - I want so much for everyones' dreams to come true! And I strongly would love to continue my Bruin-ness and not be, as my friend calls is, a Brujan! :laugh:

:luck: :love: dreaming of UCLA.... :love: :luck:

:thumbup: that's really funny:laugh:

I meant Brujan was funny. Still laughing :laugh:

i got the status change today also for 3/22. has anyone not gotten a final letter sent, b/c if not then it probably is a mixed batch will all decisions.

i got the status change today also for 3/22. has anyone not gotten a final letter sent, b/c if not then it probably is a mixed batch will all decisions.

Do you mean are there any people on the thread who have NOT had a status change as of yet?