UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry guys...but I got my status change on 3/21 and just recieved my letter today....mine was for a waitlist (unranked, whatever that means...does UCLA have a ranked and unranked wait list?)...I'm guessing that a 3/21 status change is not good....and a 3/22 status change is an acceptance.....either way good look to all of you

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry guys...but I got my status change on 3/21 and just recieved my letter today....mine was for a waitlist (unranked, whatever that means...does UCLA have a ranked and unranked wait list?)...I'm guessing that a 3/21 status change is not good....and a 3/22 status change is an acceptance.....either way good look to all of you

:( sorry, but dear God, I hope you're right...

I have not received a status change yet...BUT I interviewed at UCLA on March 12th..:p

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh, Steve, I'm sorry!!!! But, if it's any consolation, I thought I read on last years or the year before that's thread that the unranked list is actually the higher up list??? I think? I'd call the office & see what it all means....

I wonder if the batches are mixed or if the date sent actually indicates the decision they rendered???

and ouch to the rest of us who were fooled thinking this batch was all acceptances...now Im really nervous... :-(

I have not received a status change yet...BUT I interviewed at UCLA on March 12th..:p

well if you get to wait as long as I did, then you'll get your decision in August, just in time for the 1st day of class. :p

i also don't have a status change, but interviewed the last week of Feb. more waiting for me! g'luck to ya'll receiving letters soon though!

anyone else is socal receive a letter yet?

Looks like bad news then.

Oh well :(

FYI: I added the admissions phone number & financial aid website to the 1st post of the thread - if there's anything else anyone thinks should go there, please let me know & I'll add it. Just thought it would be nice to have this info easily accessible :)

I interviewed late Oct and still no status change. Maybe by the end of today?

Also, really & truly, thanks to everyone who shares when their status page changes, when they receive the letter & what it says. It really helps others. I know for me that knowing that waitlists are being sent out, I'm starting to prepare myself. So thanks again to everyone for sharing and GOOD LUCK!

Members don't see this ad :)
someone from so cal please tell me you got an acceptance letter with a 3/21 satus change

Any good news in So. Cal? Bueller? Bueller? UCLA please send some love!!!! Did you not appreciate the fact that I put you in my final four? That I have you winning the whole thing in hopes of sending good karma my way? I don't even care about basketball.

Good luck everyone!

If anyone else from SoCal gets anything, do share! Especially if it's an acceptance, as it will greatly soothe other SDN spirits! :)

OMG! I just got a status change for 3/22 and I interviewed on March 1st!!! What do you think this means?!?! :scared: :scared: :scared:

P.S. I :love: UCLA!

OMG! I just got a status change for 3/22 and I interviewed on March 1st!!! What do you think this means?!?! :scared: :scared: :scared:

hopefully it means an acceptance for both of us ;)

DITTO!!!!!!

:luck: :love: a girl can dream.... of ucla, that is ;) :love: :luck:

3/21 is waitlist but hope is not lost since unranked waitlists are better than ranked
3/22 is acceptance

im 95% sure
good job swtiepie :)

This probably makes sense in light of my call yesterday. When I called yesterday morning, the admissions lady told me that the dean hadn't signed the letters yet. But i wasn't sure which batch she meant since the status updates for 3/21 had already been up. So it's lookin' like 3/22 updates are most prob acceptances. Good luck to all of us.

hmm... interviewed before you and still nothing. am i the only one without a status change??!?

3/21 is waitlist but hope is not lost since unranked waitlists are better than ranked
3/22 is acceptance

im 95% sure

I want you to be right, but how do you figure this to be true? :confused:

fyi I also checked my ursa page and the financial aid page and there was nothing. Good luck everyone!!!! I hope we hear more from the socal people with 3/21 status changes!

Oh, and also, I called admissions to see if the 3/22 letters have already been sent, and she said they had. I could have the letter in my mailbox right now!! (but probably not till tomorrow) :scared:

I want you to be right, but how do you figure this to be true? :confused:

I want you to be soooo wrong. Maybe it is all mixed. Thats what I am hoping for now. Or that everyone goes to another school:laugh:

Oh joy I can't wait to get to wait another 3-4 months. Awesome....I love this waiting garbage

Oh, and also, I called admissions to see if the 3/22 letters have already been sent, and she said they had. I could have the letter in my mailbox right now!! (but probably not till tomorrow) :scared:

its gonna take forever for that letter to get to me in TN :scared:

Here's what I think: We don't know anything yet. For all we know

a) 3/21 = waitlist - unranked, 3/22 = waitlist - ranked
b) 3/21 = waitlist - unranked, 3/22 = rejection
c) 3/21 = waitlist - unranked, 3/22 = acceptance
d) 3/21 = waitlist & acceptance, 3/22 = rejection
e) 3/21 = waitlist, acceptance, rejection; 3/22 = waitlist, acceptance, rejection
etc.

The possibilities are truly too many to make guesses - at least until we hear more news from those receiving letters....

Here's hoping acceptances lie in both batches for us all!!!! :)

I want you to be soooo wrong. Maybe it is all mixed. Thats what I am hoping for now. Or that everyone goes to another school:laugh:

narc, I'm pulling for you...I really think that they just sent a sent a load of letters, probably all mixed, but I could be wrong.

This guessing game is getting so confusing... I can hardly keep up :laugh:

Unranked is the better waitlist. Good luck, guys. Remember that a LOT of people get in off the waitlist.

I think it would be strange to have only unranked on 3/21 and then acceptances on 3/22. If they had figured out all of the unranked waitlists, then they would automatically know all the people ranked above that were acceptances, so why wouldn't they all go out on the same day? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see...

I think it would be strange to have only unranked on 3/21 and then acceptances on 3/22. If they had figured out all of the unranked waitlists, then they would automatically know all the people ranked above that were acceptances, so why wouldn't they all go out on the same day? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see...

It goes back to the "the Dean needs to sign acceptance letters" theory

3/22 is acceptance

im 95% sure

I'm 96% sure that nobody knows what the heck is coming so no sense in working yourself up till we have more info from others/ a letter in your hand :luck:

3/22 is acceptance

im 95% sure

are you witholding evidence? I dont see how you get to this result.

so far we have two here on 3/21 waitlist result...any more?

3/21, oct invitee, waitlist

anybody know how much waitlist movement ucla usually has?

Damnit not looking good. Someone give us some hope.

are you witholding evidence?

hahahahah, ok I don't know why but that post made me laugh out loud, and all my labmates started staring at me.

Ok... back to obsessively guessing haha

Last edited:
Waitlist....damn....interviewed feb 14. Ahh this sucks

Oh my goodness, guys, I am so sorry!!!! Again, it seems the unranked list is the better one to be on & supposedly lots of waitlist movement! Hang in there and hopefull it won't be too long before your waitlist turns into an acceptance!!!!! GL!!! :)

:: now scared beyond belief about what's to come in the 3/22 mail!!!:::

yes. are there multiple waitlists? and which one is probably better to be in?

apparently, looking from old posts, the unranked waitlist is better

not going to be sick anymore.

It's official. I am sick.