UCSD waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for some reason i think if we just wait a few weeks more spots will be available...i am still pretty sure there are more spots available...there is no way 15 people from the pool make the class full......maybe they are just taking their time to review apps

Members don't see this ad.

So all quiet on the Western front today...no word for anyone? This is driving me mad, I need to go on a vacation where there is no access to phones or the internet for 2 weeks, maybe Antarctica :laugh:

From what I heard from an MSII, there might not be much movement off the list this year and it might move more slowly.

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard the same thing.

i don't want to stress anybody out cuz i'm already stressed out.

but ( i will anyway cuz we still like to know stuff that stresses us out) when i turned in a update letter to zeglen (2 weeks ago) he said that this year people are not dropping their acceptances as much as past years around this time of year, which he said is fortunate for them but not so much for us waitlisters. but yea, hopefully things will still move. please.

who on this thread is willing to pick ucsd over better ranked schools they're accepted to? i'm curious to know, because i think i am one :p over umich, that is.

i hate this. ahhhh so LAAAAAAMMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!!

i heard the same thing.

i don't want to stress anybody out cuz i'm already stressed out.

but ( i will anyway cuz we still like to know stuff that stresses us out) when i turned in a update letter to zeglen (2 weeks ago) he said that this year people are not dropping their acceptances as much as past years around this time of year, which he said is fortunate for them but not so much for us waitlisters. but yea, hopefully things will still move. please.

who on this thread is willing to pick ucsd over better ranked schools they're accepted to? i'm curious to know, because i think i am one :p over umich, that is.

Haha, glad to see you finally came around:D

hey guys as far as waitlist movement is concerned

1) is their first week of calls to fill up the class after the may 15th withdrawals, in which case we would expect a lot of movement normally and that would be when most of the people from the pool actually get called to go to ucsd.......i.e. did we get really royally shafted with only 15. calls............OR

2) are the majority of calls from the acc. pool well after may 15th...that is to say, are most people called from the pool not products of May 15th withdrawals, but POST MAY 15th withdrawals..

Scenario 1 is bad for us since only 15 calls up were made....but if we look at threads years past there weren't that many calls made immediately aftermay 15th anyways, so it looks like scenario 2 still holds strong (that is to say there will still be a lot of withdrawals post may 15th) any comments

hey g123... i don't understand your questions... can you maybe number them or rewrite it?!

btw guys...almost every year there is speculation of slow waitlist...i mean last year...actually exactly 1 year from today someone posted on the board...

"i think there's been much less movement this year than previous years. only a few from SDN have been accepted which is somewhat surprising to me (if there has indeed been good movement). i know of two people that were accepted last week. patience, patience, patience! (and plans to move in the meantime!)"

and we know that year they accepted 90! people off the waitilst.......even at that point the adcom had said there was slow movement after may 15th.....be patient guys...things pick up!

I think you've posted some really insightful comments. I'm going to sit back and let other people with more knowledge speculate before I throw myself out there! I do think you have made some good points though about scenario two.

and how weird is it that ucla has had more posts that us (that is more than 2) with acceptances.....crazy

with no disrespect to UCLA, its because, in my mind, UCSD is a better school, and San Diego is a better city...

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed at both schools and although my main criteria was getting into one of them (which I have not fulfilled yet)...sd was my first choice too..........

Hi All,

There should be at least one more spot opening up. I withdrew today (decided to attend Baylor). Best of luck!:luck:

God Bless You Pirata, may your medical career be filled with great success :love:

Friends,

I recently withdrew from the UCSD acceptable pool. I know that's not saying much, but it's one more potential spot!

Best of luck! :luck:

Well God Bless You too Dubrovnik, I encourage all people in the UCSD acceptable pool who have no desire to attend UCSD to withdraw as well...

there IS hope...i got in today from the acceptable pool!

congrats Beepbeep! I am assuming you accepted the spot also. No such good news for me. Did you get a call or an email?

congrats both of you...when did you find out! and how?

found out about an hour ago, dean kelly called. hang in there...i never thought in a million years i'd be getting a call after reading the things on this thread.

beep beep, you also find out an hour ago?

congrats beepbeep! I would give anything I have to get that call from Dean Kelly, but as each day passes and as she passes over my application I lose a little hope.

Rounds 2-7 are on:thumbup:...

I'm in! Also got the call from Dean Kelly around 2pm. Still speechless.

I sincerely hope all of you get in. Unfortunately I couldn't get much more info other than they had a few spots to offer out today. :luck:

congrats coral! I dont think we can complain about SDN'ers not getting in off the pool anymore. On a more somber note, I am now considering myself a re-applicant :confused:

congrats coral! I dont think we can complain about SDN'ers not getting in off the pool anymore. On a more somber note, I am now considering myself a re-applicant :confused:

No, no, don't give up hope! It's still early--schools are still processing withdrawals and going through waitlists. I think previous posters are correct in that the bulk of movement will happen in a bit as others get off waitlists and withdraw.

thanks for the congrats everyone! i got the phone call yesterday from dean kelly. just to keep your spirits up-- my husband works at ucsd med center and he says that TONS of the med students that he comes into contact with got off the waitlist in AUGUST. so, hang in there!

i bet i can figure out why... if i don't get into ucsd before august 5 (the day of my white coat ceremony elsewhere) then i'm essentially ****** - yeah

thanks for the congrats everyone! i got the phone call yesterday from dean kelly. just to keep your spirits up-- my husband works at ucsd med center and he says that TONS of the med students that he comes into contact with got off the waitlist in AUGUST. so, hang in there!

by the way beep beep, thank you for posting! i wasn't trying to be snide, and i was just thinking how ironic it would be if they were ready to offer me acceptance in august, and i couldn't go :(...

congrats though! enjoy your summer :)

This thread has been quiet for a while, so I thought I would attempt to bring it back to life. Any more good news out there for my fellow acceptable pool swimmers? Nothing for me, not so much as a peep, but I am hoping June brings with it some more good luck and good news!

hey...no news here...hopefully some next week...i really need to get into medical school...so i can move on with my life!

No word here either - still holding out hope.

so no movement yet from UCSD...hmmm...either something big is brewing or we are all screwed

well one kid got in this saturday or something... its posted on the ucsd class conference... so i guess the movement is slow???

hey guys...sorry i've been mia...just helping my parents move to a new house in so cal...I have a very strong inclination that the adcom has not met for a week....and since wednesday no one has gotten in...the saturday post of the allopathic thread got in on wednesday....and I don't think anyone got in on 5/21, because frankly i would expect at least one sdner...which leads me to believe they have only called people on 5/23 and i challenge anyone to prove otherwise :) anyways..good luck to everyone....haven't not gotten a single acceptance and 27 rejections and two holds....i am really pulling for those of you who are as desperate as me...and tmonkeys..cuz I know where he/she lives and he/she needs to get out of there......no offense!

ok this makes sense! good catch!

I really really hope you get in g123!!! and i agree, i need to get out of here!!!

hey guys...sorry i've been mia...just helping my parents move to a new house in so cal...I have a very strong inclination that the adcom has not met for a week....and since wednesday no one has gotten in...the saturday post of the allopathic thread got in on wednesday....and I don't think anyone got in on 5/21, because frankly i would expect at least one sdner...which leads me to believe they have only called people on 5/23 and i challenge anyone to prove otherwise :) anyways..good luck to everyone....haven't not gotten a single acceptance and 27 rejections and two holds....i am really pulling for those of you who are as desperate as me...and tmonkeys..cuz I know where he/she lives and he/she needs to get out of there......no offense!

ok this makes sense! good catch!

I really really hope you get in g123!!! and i agree, i need to get out of here!!!

Here's to hoping we all get out of here bump. It's so frustrating that there's been so little movement so far. :(

Have you guys been sending updates to Dean Kelly? I sent one a while back, but she never wrote back so I'm worried that she never got it in the first place...

maybe you could resend it with a note saying something was wrong with your email account and you believe that maybe your email wasn't sent! hey, it could be true! it's happened to me before!

Have you guys been sending updates to Dean Kelly? I sent one a while back, but she never wrote back so I'm worried that she never got it in the first place...

hope we all hear good news this week!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would definitely resend your e-mail. dr. kelly has responded to all my e-mail updates within 24 hrs......even on the weekends! so RESEND!!!!!!!!!

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

hey guys...there is a lot less movement this year on the acceptable pool....:(, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this....however, people will still withdraw..otherwise people wouldn't have been accepted in june on last year's thread....so keep your hope......:) but be realistic.....

ganesha, where did you get this info from, did you call the admissions office?

from ze dean herself

wow...well then Im pretty much screwed if I am to be realistic, and I should probably send in my application for next cycle early. How is it that you are on speaking terms with Dr. Kelly and you havent been accepted? This sucks!

i feel like i am in a game of deal or no deal...in one case....an AWESOME SCHOOL, in the other...retake MCAT, reapply, spend more money.....and unfortunately, the dealer has taken a vacation and I can't get something offer in between!