UCSD waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when will they trim down the waitlist? aka start rejecting people?!

Members don't see this ad.

im guessing prob in a few weeks at the latest...ill let you know when i get my rejection, hows that for thinking positive:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
with san diego.....

i drove down this weekend to party with first-year med students after their friday final......

stayed at my friends' apartment next to scripps-mercy hospital in hillcrest......2 bed / 2 bath for $650/person!!!!!!!!!! a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then i went to a wedding in del mar.....absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!

as june marches along, i'm coming to the realization that i'll be moving east next month.....i'm definitely excited to finally start med school...just wish ucsd would come through with good news!

here's to you all and to me....let's get phone calls this week!!!!!!!!!!!

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I grew up and lived in SD my entire life. Now that I will most likely be leaving for the east coast, I realize how great life in southern California is.:(

wut? where did you go

hey bolo---where you going? ditto on socal life :cool: :D

SeventhSon---a couple friends from ucsd and drexel had a bbq in hillcrest at a doctor couple's house....i didn't mean that i partied with the whole class....congrats on being done with your first year!!!! :hardy:

someone mentioned earlier that Dr. Kelly is now the sole decider on our apps... so i'm thinking that maybe we'll find out sooner rather than later (ie in a few days rather than a few weeks like last year) if we're on the list or off of it. I think last year the whole committee met again.

what do you all think?:oops:

if its only one person (dr. Kelly) then I would imagine it would take longer as she prob has to deal with the school year ending on top of the new apps starting to come in.

why do you think the school year ending would affect her? i thought she was only involved in admissions...

also, do you think she looks at the apps coming in now or in like august?! i didn't get my secondary till november, so i don't know when they start sending out secondaries...

Hey guys, i just spoke with Brian and wanted to give you the same update he gave me. About 150 people responded to that email and are still on the list, and they may or may not trim that down themselves in the following weeks. He did say they offerred 4 people spots yesterday and that as of now they are a full class. He does think that a few more spots will open through mid-July, but he cant say for sure. Hope that helps and good luck to everyone!

I just got the call that I got in from Dr. Kelly today. It looks like they are still making offers, so don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some grim news, i just called the office and was told that they had trimmed the pool themselves and that I was one of the people who didnt make it. Best of luck to everyone still on the list and I now begin the journey as a re-applicant!

Ouch Dreamman. I was a re-app this year and I got in. You can do it! Sorry to hear about that. I guess now all we can do is wait for snail mail from UCSD telling us if any of us are off the waitlist (rejected :( ) . Best of luck to everyone!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Some grim news, i just called the office and was told that they had trimmed the pool themselves and that I was one of the people who didnt make it. Best of luck to everyone still on the list and I now begin the journey as a re-applicant!

hey dreamman! keep believing in yourself/your dream and you WILL become a doctor!!!! it took me three tries....but it's worth it in the end! all the best as a reapplicant!

grrr. i'm so sorry dreamman. now i'm scared about my status, because i didn't get an email saying I made it on the alternate list yet...

plus reapps rock! it really shows your dedication to medicine. good luck! i'm sure next round will be great because look how awesome you did this round! you got this far! :luck:

Wait... so do we get an email telling us we're on the alternate list... or do we get a rejection email/snail mail?

man i dont know, i don't know...

i figured if we made the alternate list we'd get an email and if we're rejected we'd get snail mail... isn't that how it happened last year? please correct me if i'm wrong...

i just wanna know............

I'm thinking/hoping since none of us has gotten an alternate list email, it hasn't been sent out yet.

yes... wait i think that means i'm rejected right, because if you're still on the alternate list, you wouldn't have a final decision letter sent...

yes... wait i think that means i'm rejected right, because if you're still on the alternate list, you wouldn't have a final decision letter sent...

i don't know....my status hasn't changed (yet).....anyone else?

ucky....:barf: round 2

REJECTED.

well good luck to all of you... i'm sure you'll do great! :luck:

Where do we check our status?

"Final Decision Sent"...well looks like I got rejected! UCSD is such a cocktease

i had to call the admissions office this morning. i'm still swimming in the acceptable pool....along with 73 other people.

no more cuts are expected.

one spot opened up over the weekend.....GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE STILL WAITING!!!!!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Keep up the hope...cross the fingers that July brings good news to us all.

Still sitting tight here. Had a nice trip to SoCal last week and loved the weather. It'd be a dream to go to med school in such weather. So good.

Still sitting tight here. Had a nice trip to SoCal last week and loved the weather. It'd be a dream to go to med school in such weather. So good.

are you from up north? yeah, the weather down here is amazingly beautiful and pretty constant.....sigh......but, part of me is ready to experience four seasons (plus a mud season)......hahaha :laugh:

UCSD, please let us in!!!!!!

:laugh::luck::luck::luck::luck: maybe this will be the week!!!!!

Good luck to everyone waiting in the trimmed-down pool! This will be our (pick one: day, week, month, summer, year)!!

-P23

Check your emails peoples! Trimmed down acceptable pool notifiers sent today.

Good luck!

yeah im from SF. Luckily its warmed up here some too. Guess I brought the good weather back with me. Four seasons is also nice sometimes but in SF we have one season: fog season. Best of luck to everyone. May your dreams come true.

just talked with brian....what a nice guy!!! :thumbup:

there are about 60 people still swimming in the acceptable pool...

one accepted person withdrew this morning!!! ANYBODY GET A PHONE CALL TODAY?????

one person is in the process of deferring = possibly 1 more open spot!!!!

and one person got in at another school and may withdraw from ucsd soon = possibly 1 more open spot!!!!

it's soooo not over yet people!!!!!! :D:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

none of us here on sdn got the call today?

maybe dr. kelly is waiting to call us on monday :thumbup::laugh:

No phone call here. In my experience, Dr. Kelly makes phone calls right away, likely over the weekend... Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

-P23

Hi All, I've been lurking on this thread for a while but haven't posted anything yet. I'm another one of those still-in-the-hold-puddle swimmers. I don't know if others have done this already, but I called Brian and he said that those three spots hadn't been given out as of this morning, but that Dr. Kelly was going to call this afternoon. I don't have the best feeling about it, but thought I'd contribute my knowledge since I've been surfing this thread for such a long time :) Good luck everybody!

You must've called this morning. Brian emailed me and said one of the spots was filled, and that Dr. Kelly will probably make the remaining two offers this afternoon or tomorrow, which means we all might have to wait just a little longer... I gotta say though, Brian's a star. He's definitely been helping to keep me sane through this entire process.

So who wants to get an update for all of us tomorrow? I feel like I'm approaching obsessiveness.

-P23

I agree, Brian has been absolutely wonderful! He has kept me slightly sane too...and I also feel like I'm approaching obsessiveness, but this is a big deal that determines our future, so I feel like obsessiveness is justified :)

I agree, Brian has been absolutely wonderful! He has kept me slightly sane too...and I also feel like I'm approaching obsessiveness, but this is a big deal that determines our future, so I feel like obsessiveness is justified :)

well no news on my end :( congrats to those who did get calls (sdners or not).

let's keep each other afloat!!!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Hey Guys, I've been reading this thread for a few months but have been too busy to register and post.

I spoke w/ Brian yesterday and he said he'll be on vacation, so don't panic if you call in realizing he's gone.

But I do agree, Brian is doing an AWESOME job.