You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF 2011-2012 Applicants
Started by prepharm14
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
why does ucsf have a facebook group, but why haven't ucsd ?
why does ucsf have a facebook group, but why haven't ucsd ?
it's just whenever someone decides to make one. The school doesn't make one themselves, one of the students does. I think that's how it's been.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why does ucsf have a facebook group, but why haven't ucsd ?
It's because ladnar doesn't go to UCSD. 😛
Got my acceptance today!! Interviewed on the 1/27...but I will probably not attend. I am choosing between UOP, Touro, or Maryland! Good luck everyone who is waiting !!
Hey 🙂 Was the email sent today?? Or did you just open it today?
hopefully more news today! i hate the time difference....i'm in michigan so i have to wait extra long for it to be 5:00 haha
Hey 🙂 Was the email sent today?? Or did you just open it today?
Hi! I opened it yesterday. Good luck to you! Go UCSF Class of 2016 😀
Anyone from 2/24 hear anything??
You meant 2/4 ? I don't think the date you interviewed matters though
Interviewed on 2/17, got the acceptance email today. =)
Was the email sent today? Anyone else hear anything?
i'm from 2/4 and still waiting for news!
Was the email sent today? Anyone else hear anything?
Yes my email was sent this morning at 10am PST.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was anyone able to create an account for financial aid on https://dp.ucsf.edu/idp/Authn/UserPassword
I put in my email, but the system said it wasn't able to verify it !!
I put in my email, but the system said it wasn't able to verify it !!
Exactly what is your issue? I initially couldnt either. Changing the internet browsers and checking my email spam box worked for me
My question to current UCSF students, do you guys bother to check the rankings as they are released? Well I guess not, as the new rankings puts this school still on top. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
I respect what the dean always say though, "We are not number one to everybody".
I respect what the dean always say though, "We are not number one to everybody".
ACCEPTED! and could not be more thrilled! from boston and so excited to (most likely) move to san francisco!!
YAY! Congratulations! Join the Facebook group and introduce yourself!!! :3
http://www.facebook.com/groups/244184652338231/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/244184652338231/
Campus housing is yanking my chain. Anyone interested in finding co-ed housing off Irving or Judah?
Exactly what is your issue? I initially couldnt either. Changing the internet browsers and checking my email spam box worked for me
it is in the spam box.. thank
I never thought gmail would recognized this as spam
My question to current UCSF students, do you guys bother to check the rankings as they are released? Well I guess not, as the new rankings puts this school still on top. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
I respect what the dean always say though, "We are not number one to everybody".
These actually just got released today and we got an email from OSACA about it. So yes,we do know about the #1 ranking. However, just because some other deans and administrators voted us number one does not mean we can be complacent in the rankings. UCSF will continue to strive for excellence in this ever-changing field of pharmacy.
good luck and congratulations everyone. no matter what happens, u r already awesome! u will be a great pharmacist and make a positive difference in the world. lets rock the healthcare field!!!!!!!
While we wait, what do you guys think of this article?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/14/angel-raich_n_1342586.html
That would be a great scenario question for the on-site interview essay next year.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/14/angel-raich_n_1342586.html
That would be a great scenario question for the on-site interview essay next year.
My question to current UCSF students, do you guys bother to check the rankings as they are released? Well I guess not, as the new rankings puts this school still on top. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings
I respect what the dean always say though, "We are not number one to everybody".
Honestly, rankings don't really enter my mind at all until they're mentioned. It's not a big deal to me. We did get an e-mail yesterday that told us rankings were updated from 2008 and we were still number 1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder why they don't send all the emails at once?? I am sooooo anxious to hear back! AAH!!
Seriously, I wonder the same thing. Well, I heard that they hold weekly meetings to accept/deny candidates, and they can only go through so many applicants per meeting. My question is, do they review these files in alphabetical order? or by date of interview? or is it just one big pile of files in random order and they just go through them one by one. Ah! Who knows!
Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419
Seriously, I wonder the same thing. Well, I heard that they hold weekly meetings to accept/deny candidates, and they can only go through so many applicants per meeting. My question is, do they review these files in alphabetical order? or by date of interview? or is it just one big pile of files in random order and they just go through them one by one. Ah! Who knows!
haha seriously who knows! i'm at the end of the alphabet, but one of the first interview dates...so its probably totally random. hope you guys hear soon!!!
CONGRATS. Please celebrate well for the rest of us still waiting! I know this doesn't matter really in terms of how they select candidates but when was your interview date? Again yay!
Got my acceptance today!! Interviewed on the 1/27...but I will probably not attend. I am choosing between UOP, Touro, or Maryland! Good luck everyone who is waiting !!
Congrats on your acceptance. Just out of curiosity, what appeals to you about UOP and Touro that would make you choose those schools over UCSF? I applied to all 3 so I am trying to make the right decision as well 🙂
Hi sure!!
For UOP, its a 3 year accelerated program 🙂 I dont mind going to school all year round.
For Touro they have internships hours built into their curriculum. That means we dont have to go out and find our own internships but Touro covered it with their 2 year rotation. That means we meet the 900 hour internship to sit for the board. In addition, Touro has stellar passing exam rates. My boyfriend is a student there and he loves the environment there.
For Maryland, I love the possibility of potentially working/volunteering at the FDA.
For UOP, its a 3 year accelerated program 🙂 I dont mind going to school all year round.
For Touro they have internships hours built into their curriculum. That means we dont have to go out and find our own internships but Touro covered it with their 2 year rotation. That means we meet the 900 hour internship to sit for the board. In addition, Touro has stellar passing exam rates. My boyfriend is a student there and he loves the environment there.
For Maryland, I love the possibility of potentially working/volunteering at the FDA.
CONGRATS. Please celebrate well for the rest of us still waiting! I know this doesn't matter really in terms of how they select candidates but when was your interview date? Again yay!
2-17, last interview day. I know, waiting day by day is hard but hang in there! You have a pretty high shot with 50 percent acceptance 🙂
Yay congratulations! And yay for joining the FB group too HAHA! C:
Lol thaaanks, yeah I wasn't horribly discrete when choosing an sdn username but its cool, I got nothing to hide or posts I'm ashamed of 😉
Hi sure!!
For UOP, its a 3 year accelerated program 🙂 I dont mind going to school all year round.
For Touro they have internships hours built into their curriculum. That means we dont have to go out and find our own internships but Touro covered it with their 2 year rotation. That means we meet the 900 hour internship to sit for the board. In addition, Touro has stellar passing exam rates. My boyfriend is a student there and he loves the environment there.
For Maryland, I love the possibility of potentially working/volunteering at the FDA.
Oh nice! Yeah I love that UOP is accelerated. SOO awesome! And I got accepted into Touro so I'm glad you told me about their clerkship/built in internships. sweet! Thanks for the info 🙂
I wonder if they send all the emails out in batches once a day, or throughout the day. lol waiting for a decision is making me crazy!! Everyday at 5pm my anxiety goes back down haha.... until the next morning.
AHH! seriously =(
I wonder if they send all the emails out in batches once a day, or throughout the day. lol waiting for a decision is making me crazy!! Everyday at 5pm my anxiety goes back down haha.... until the next morning.
I feel the same way haha.
It almost feels like they're doing it individually at random times because people are posting sporadically when they hear back as opposed to the thread for UCSD where a bunch of people will post almost around the same time saying they got accepted/rejected.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got in today! 🙂
Congrats!!! So exciting! If you don't mind asking, when was your acceptance email sent? =)
To those of you who have submitted your deposit and SLR, have any of you gotten your student account activation in the mail yet? I'm kind of confused about the student account. Is it the same thing as the MyAccess account we set up for financial aid or something totally different?
heyyy guysss. i was wondering if you guys have any opinions about ucsd vs ucsf?
according to a new survey released today, the most expensive place to live today is in SAN FRANCISCO!!!!
"
New Yorkers may be famous for complaints about the city's outrageous rents, but the Big Apple isn't the least affordable city in the country, according to a new survey.
In fact, it's not even in the top 10. Neither is star-studded Los Angeles.
Instead, the highest rents are found in San Francisco, California, where a two-bedroom apartment costs an average of $1,905 a month."
"
New Yorkers may be famous for complaints about the city's outrageous rents, but the Big Apple isn't the least affordable city in the country, according to a new survey.
In fact, it's not even in the top 10. Neither is star-studded Los Angeles.
Instead, the highest rents are found in San Francisco, California, where a two-bedroom apartment costs an average of $1,905 a month."