UCSF Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pv25 said:
hi tigger01! I'm ur classmate.congrats to u!!! :D
Hi Friendz !How difficult is dds for indian dentistz once they hv cleared part 1 and 2 I mean who difficult is the course actually ? :)

Members don't see this ad.

when do eh classes start have any waitlited students got in. thanks.

Hi:
Classes start this monday june 19th. Don't know about waiting list.
Good luck!

andaljay said:
when do eh classes start have any waitlited students got in. thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
chelviraj said:
Hi I am retaking my part I and need a study partner. I live in San jose. I thought we could plan and study each topic everyday and discuss the questions related to it. If anyone interested please reply. Thanks

Chelvi
Hi
i am planning to give my exam in aug and i live near san jose let me know if you are interested in discussing Qs (ofcourse if u havent taken the exam yet)

what preparations do thay ask yoiu to do for the practical exam, is it full crowns, 3/4 crowns or 7/8 th crowns. Do they ask for class 2 and class 3 preparations as well.
your input is appreciated. Thanks.

DENTISTHONEY said:
The interview session at UCSF was for 5 days last year. During the interview we had first clinical exam, then Practcal exam and at last we had personal interview.

Clincal Exam,

I havent appeared for part 2 yet, so dont know hows part 2. But the clinical exam at UCSF was all about clinical questions and few from basic sciences. I would say they covered all the subjects whatever they mentioned in the interview letter. In the invitation letter they will mention what all the subjects they are going to ask u.

Practical exam,

When they will invite you for interview, they will inform you what all excercises they are gonna to ask u during the test. You have to do crown preprations on TYPHODONT teeth [ Columbia Typhodont teeth]. They provide u enough days for Prepration. Just few days before the actual test, they let all the applicants to come and do practice at their lab and on the same mannequins, on which u have to work on the day of test.

Personal Interview

They want to know more about you besides clinical experience.

They welcomed all the applicants very nicely. Their selection process is very fair. When they call u for interview, they will inform u about everything. I mean what all the Preprations, u have to prepare for the practicals. They will tell u what all the subjects they r going to test on the day of clinical exam.

If you have any questions about IDP admissions, you can contact Barbara Richardson or Petri Gordon. They are very helpful.

Good luck

andaljay said:
what preparations do thay ask yoiu to do for the practical exam, is it full crowns, 3/4 crowns or 7/8 th crowns. Do they ask for class 2 and class 3 preparations as well.
your input is appreciated. Thanks.

they ask us full gold crown prepration on upper and lower molar.

good luck