UCSF interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hazelmei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm from UOP undergrad and I have a UCSF interview on Jan. 11. Is anyone else going on Jan 11? I am super nervous about the interview! I tend to freak out and not sleep very much the night before. Does anyone have any comments or advice on how to prepare for the UCSF interview? thank you ! =)

Members don't see this ad.

hazelmei,

Don't freak out about the interview. It is very relaxed. You will have an interview with a student and a faculty. The questions are very standard. Since this was my very last interview, I felt really calm throughout the whole interview process. Everyone gets a different essay questions and they're somewhat philosophical. But I really wouldn't worry about it. Just be calm and be yourself. I thought that everyone at UCSF was so friendly and very helpful. I had one of the best experience there! Good luck!

hey, i just had an interview at ucsf too and i agree with everything caligirl said. it is really kickback, although somewhat unorganized. The faculty interview was very open-ended, they simply asked, tell me about yourself and your accomplishments and you just had to start telling everything you've ever done. There's nothing you can really do to prepare except maybe review your secondary app and get lots of sleep!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

just like caligirl and ayoon said, the ucsf interview was very laid back. nothing much to worry about. people there are very friendly, the questions are straight-forward and predictable. you get your picture taken, write an essay to the topic you get (everyone gets a different question), interview with student then faculty, take a tour and that's it. it was a bit disorganized as i had to write my essay while the financial aid guy was giving his talk. =P it was a blind interview, so the interviewers were truly there to get to know you as they know nothing about you at all. good luck! :D

caligirl, ayoon, and wasabi:
Thanks for your help! I'll just try to calm myself down! thhanks =)