UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Rejection #1
OOS
Mail out date: 6/23
App complete: July sometime
sGPA: 3.7; Overall: 3.5
23 AA, 24 TS, 21 PAT

Imma go look at SF COL so I feel better :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when UCSF sends out the zoom links? my interview is on Friday and haven’t received one yet

Interview #5
Notification date
: 10/02
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall): GPA: 3.73 Overall: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA, 24TS, 23 PAT, 24 RC, No
Method of interview: virtual, and In- Person (Pre-Dec) So excited but stressed out and nervous!

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #3
Notification date:
10/2
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21
Application complete date: 8/28
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.9 Overall: 3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 20TS, 20PAT, 30 RC, No

Extremely excited!!

This may be encouraging to some!

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/27
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.6 Overall: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 20TS, 17PAT, 24 RC, No

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This may be encouraging to some!

Interview #1
Notification date:
10/27
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22
Application complete date: 8/22
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.6 Overall: 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 20TS, 17PAT, 24 RC, No
Are interview dates still available prior to December 15th?

Interview #3
Notification date: Oct 5th
Method of notification: email
Residency: OS
Application complete: June 20th
GPA: science 3.9 overall 3.99
DAT: AA 23, TS 22, RC 24, PAT 21
Method of interview: virtual x 2

Done with everything now. Just waiting. :/

Interview #3
Notification date: Oct 5th
Method of notification: email
Residency: OS
Application complete: June 20th
GPA: science 3.9 overall 3.99
DAT: AA 23, TS 22, RC 24, PAT 21
Method of interview: virtual x 2

Done with everything now. Just waiting. :/
wow, only 3 interviews with your stats?
how many schools did you apply to and when?

wow, only 3 interviews with your stats?
how many schools did you apply to and when?
Have 4th coming up. Applied to 6. Couldn't afford more apps. :/ Might have to do it again next year. Applied to all by June 20th (one letter was delayed until then so it held back the files being complete :( )

Have 4th coming up. Applied to 6. Couldn't afford more apps. :/ Might have to do it again next year. Applied to all by June 20th (one letter was delayed until then so it held back the files being complete :( )
Sorry. My brain must be fried-- that was my third interview out of four total. Last school was today. I have second interview for one of the schools coming up then will be done. I am not writing this very clearly-- sorry. But meant all done with this school. Pretty much done with all.

june 20 is fine...

Has anyone else's "Invited for Interview" AADSAAS Status changed back to "Received/Under Review" after you interviewed?

So why do they bother to reject right before decision day? Seems like they might as well wait ? Or do you feel better knowing now? :/
ucsf is one of the few schools that rejects people without interview, and i think they do it the most
better than just leaving you hanging, i guess...

I'd much rather hear back from schools as soon as they've decided to reject me, definitely reduces stress and anxiety.

I just got an email saying if you haven't been given an acceptance or denial they are still making decisions until mid/late February

I just got an email saying if you haven't been given an acceptance or denial they are still making decisions until mid/late February
I just got that, too. Honestly, that seems to mean that if others turn them down by January 15th, they will turn to the waitlist from post interviews. The problem is we all have to choose from the schools that did offer a spot today by that same date, so can't really turn down a bird in the hand to wait for UCSF. :( The good news, that actually makes it slightly better for those who didn't get any acceptances today because they can hope for 2nd round offers and might end up at their top choice while others have to take 2nd choice possible before January 15th. :) I suppose it all works out for the best in the long-run. Thanks for that update (it made me go check). Good luck to you!

I just got that, too. Honestly, that seems to mean that if others turn them down by January 15th, they will turn to the waitlist from post interviews. The problem is we all have to choose from the schools that did offer a spot today by that same date, so can't really turn down a bird in the hand to wait for UCSF. :( The good news, that actually makes it slightly better for those who didn't get any acceptances today because they can hope for 2nd round offers and might end up at their top choice while others have to take 2nd choice possible before January 15th. :) I suppose it all works out for the best in the long-run. Thanks for that update (it made me go check). Good luck to you!
I got one too... But are they not interviewing more people post-decision day, so might not just be from the waitlist?

That email was def a waitlist right even though they say "no decision has been made"

I got one too... But are they not interviewing more people post-decision day, so might not just be from the waitlist?
I guess it's possible--if the people who are leftover after interviews are "nos" then they'd need to do more interviews. I've heard of interviews in Feb/March. I just can't think how that would work because if you interviewed someone, didn't reject them then why wouldn't they be next in line theoretically? Don't know. In any case, I'm treating it as no in any case as will have to choose someone else by January 15th.

Is there info on what percentage of the interviewees are accepted/waitlisted/rejected on Dec. 15 ?

Did anyone who interview and has not been accepted receive an email from UCSF Fitness?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
The stats from the class of 2026 is as follows:

Interviewed: 202
Accepted: 101
Enrolled: 60

I revisited the signup sheet for this year, which shows that there are also 202 interviewees this year (171 in pre-December, 31 in January)

If this year follows the same trend, then there should also be 50% acceptance chance. Roughly then, on December 15, there should have been at least 85 acceptances, if not more. The question is were there actually 85 calls being made on that day? To me, that sounds like a lot of calls to make in a day but what do you guys think?
highly unlikely they made 85 acceptances on dec 15
most schools do less or right at their enrollment
some schools do a few more....

highly unlikely they made 85 acceptances on dec 15
most schools do less or right at their enrollment
some schools do a few more....
Correct. Schools can’t accept more than the class size. So most they could have made was 60, which schools don’t usually send out all at once. School dependent though