UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just want to congratulate people who did get accepted to UCSF for the Fall of 2008. For us undergrads who are applying this summer, I hope that we will see you guys there. Haha...Just reading these comments makes me smile and anxious, even though I didn't apply yet. Hahhaa...kinda random, but anyway. Yeah...I guess I'll be feeling you guys when us '09 apply for the class of '13...OMG....2013!!! DIFHSOHDOI:Go;SHG;oSIHG;oi I'M GOING TO BE FREAKING OLD...No offense to those who are older...but anyway. Congratulations to everyone. :):):)

Members don't see this ad.

The wait is seriously killing me. I told my mom to call me if a big letter comes from ucsf, but to email me if a small one comes. She called me today, but it was because I have an interview tomorrow. Blah. :laugh:

One more spot is open. I received my acceptance letter today and just turned down the offer because my husband and I are applying to schools together and he didn't get in to the Ph.D. programs in the area. Also, the acceptance came in a small envelope, so you may want to have your mom call you if you get a big or small letter from UCSF. Hopefully I just opened up a spot for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you live,runnerK?

I'm out of state from the midwest

when did you interview runnerk?! is anyone from feb 8th interviews still waiting for their letters?!

I interviewed on Feb. 2 in the afternoon.

Yeah regardless of the decision, the envelope is small.

I just thought I would let the community know that there is one more person here representing UCD. It feels good to see that there were a lot of interviewees from UCD this year, I know that last year there were very few.

when did you interview runnerk?! is anyone from feb 8th interviews still waiting for their letters?!

I interviewed feb. 8th but haven't heard anything back yet =/ good luck everyone and congrats to those that have been accepted!

omg, the suspense is killing me! :scared:

Has anyone even been rejected lol? besides like a couple ppl

Hey guys! I'm declining my ucsf offer for ucsd.....hope one of you gets my spots! goodluck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
my friend who interviewed on feb 7th just got his acceptance letter today! =)

my friend who interviewed on feb 7th just got his acceptance letter today! =)

Hey lilmunchkin,

Where does your friend live? i.e. where did the letter get sent to? norcal, socal, other? Thanks so much!!!!

I have finals next week and I've been on sdn so much!

hi! my friend lives in eastbay (alameda) norcal and he interviewed feb 7th at 11:30.. i know he had really good stats too.. like a 3.8+ gpa from UC Davis in Biochemistry plus he worked in a lot of labs on campus and off campus and had pharm experience.. hope that helps!! :):):)

hi! my friend lives in eastbay (alameda) norcal and he interviewed feb 7th at 11:30.. i know he had really good stats too.. like a 3.8+ gpa from UC Davis in Biochemistry plus he worked in a lot of labs on campus and off campus and had pharm experience.. hope that helps!! :):):)

Thank you!!!!!

Hey lilmunchkin, I also go to UCD and I am curious to see if I also know that person. If you/he wouldn't mind, I was wondering if you could divulge his name?...........Also, I am curious, is he in the pre-pharm club at UCD? Thanks and the best of luck to you.

out of curiosity does anyone know if they release decisions in the same order as that of the interview dates? has the individual mentioned above been the only feb 7th acceptance in this thread thus far? i know i just need to keep my chonies on but this waiting game is getting the best of me. :scared: if you have any info let me know por favor!

oh yeah and goodluck to fellow waiters and congrats to the rest of ya!

out of curiosity does anyone know if they release decisions in the same order as that of the interview dates? has the individual mentioned above been the only feb 7th acceptance in this thread thus far? i know i just need to keep my chonies on but this waiting game is getting the best of me. :scared: if you have any info let me know por favor!

oh yeah and goodluck to fellow waiters and congrats to the rest of ya!

It doesn't seem to be by interview dates, as joel said "it's random so don't overanalyze" despite the fact the us waiters still do...=P

A individuals from the feb 15th interview have heard back already, I know of one acceptance and one rejection frm the feb 15th date.

This waiting is so hard....

Hey lilmunchkin, I also go to UCD and I am curious to see if I also know that person. If you/he wouldn't mind, I was wondering if you could divulge his name?...........Also, I am curious, is he in the pre-pharm club at UCD? Thanks and the best of luck to you.

hey! yea he DID go to UCD but he already graduated last year.. and i don't think i should give out his name.. sorry.. =( but he wasn't in the pre-pharm club..

you go to UCD! cool! what is your major?! what classes are you taking? wouldn't it be funny if we were in the same class hehe =)

Got my acceptance today. I interviewed on 1/25 and wanted those who interviewed on 1/25 to wait it out and don't lose hope. this process is indeed random and just because you haven't heard anything doesn't mean anything. good luck everyone!

my "choylifut", have you heard anything ? -) Wish you and everybody the best of luck! Last year I heard back on 3/20....some of my classmates did not hear till 4/1..so there is still alot of time, don't panic..its totally random how letters are sent out -)

I got my acceptance today!!!!! The wait is finally over and I can attempt to study for finals!!!!

I interviewed on Feb 15th at 11:30am. Got my letter today in Los Angeles. Good luck to all those still waiting!!!!

I got my acceptance today!!!!! The wait is finally over and I can attempt to study for finals!!!!

I interviewed on Feb 15th at 11:30am. Got my letter today in Los Angeles. Good luck to all those still waiting!!!!

congrats!!! i was just wondering.. what were your stats?:):)

hello everyone!
I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE TODAY:love: i've been a long time lurker and wanted to thank everyone on sdn for al the great information!!! can't wait to meet everyone in the fall. good luck to those still waiting, i know it's definitely tough so stay strong!

i got rejected :(

I interviewed Feb 2nd. Goodluck to those still waiting and congrats to the ones that were accepted! :)

congrats!!! i was just wondering.. what were your stats?:):)

Thanks!

sGPA: 3.87
cGPA; 3.86

Lots of EC (especially leadership positions), volunteered and worked in pharmacy settings, have shadowed in am care and homeopathic setting. Good luck!!!!

my "choylifut", have you heard anything ? -) Wish you and everybody the best of luck! Last year I heard back on 3/20....some of my classmates did not hear till 4/1..so there is still alot of time, don't panic..its totally random how letters are sent out -)

It's good to hear from you!!! :D I haven't heard yet and today's mail hasn't arrived.

:luck::luck::luck:Good Luck with finals! :luck::luck::luck:

Are you coming home during Spring Break? Let's hang out!!! I haven't seen you since the SF interview. :love:

Thanks!

sGPA: 3.87
cGPA; 3.86

Lots of EC (especially leadership positions), volunteered and worked in pharmacy settings, have shadowed in am care and homeopathic setting. Good luck!!!!

o wow!!!:):):):):) i'm soo happy for you!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!:):)

hey! yea he DID go to UCD but he already graduated last year.. and i don't think i should give out his name.. sorry.. =( but he wasn't in the pre-pharm club..

you go to UCD! cool! what is your major?! what classes are you taking? wouldn't it be funny if we were in the same class hehe =)

I am a Bio/Sci major with an MCB emphasis and I am currently taking BIS 103, CHA 101/101L, and PLB 112. What about you?

I am a Bio/Sci major with an MCB emphasis and I am currently taking BIS 103, CHA 101/101L, and PLB 112. What about you?

oO you are taking plant bio with Prof. Harada? I took one of this classes.. PLB 113.. the take home midterm was nice hehe =) and the TA was nice too!

right now im taking mic 102L, ENT 102, and CMN 3.. I'm a Bio/Sci with an Emphasis in Medical Micro.. I'm sure we probably took BIS 101-102 together.. hehe =) good luck in 103!:):) what are you taking next quarter?!

Hi everyone!

I was one of the lucky ones to get accepted! I want to congratulate all others accepted. Encourage all others waiting. This is exciting news!

And for the curious, and because I would have wanted to know too:

Interviewed: 2/2/08
Letter dated: 3/13/08
Postmarked: 3/14/08
Received in mail: 3/17/08 *edit* I'm in Los Angeles.

Hang in there guys! Everyone will hear by just a few more weeks :)

Hi everyone!

I was one of the lucky ones to get accepted! I want to congratulate all others accepted. Encourage all others waiting. This is exciting news!

And for the curious, and because I would have wanted to know too:

Interviewed: 2/2/08
Letter dated: 3/13/08
Postmarked: 3/14/08
Received in mail: 3/17/08 *edit* I'm in Los Angeles.

Hang in there guys! Everyone will hear by just a few more weeks :)

cool.

for me,
Interviewed: 1/25/08
Letter dated: forever
Postmarked: forever + 1
Received in mail: forever + 4 (I'm also in Los Angeles).

I already stopped checking my mail. hahahaha.. why even bother? it probably wont come until April. whatever...

I Got Accepted!!! :hardy:

Thanks everyone for all of your support! And good luck to everyone still waiting!

Interviewed: Feb 15 @ 2:30pm
Letter dated: Mar 13
Postmarked: Mar 14
Received: Mar 17 in Los Angeles

One weird thing to note was that the envelope was not sealed. I guess someone forgot to lick it? Well, at least it came in one piece. :D

Wow congratulations Yoda! It was a good thing you found out about SDN huh? LoL!! Seems like you've been getting acceptances left and right; congratulations to that and to everyone else. It isn't too late to celebrate St. Pat.!

cool.

for me,
Interviewed: 1/25/08
Letter dated: forever
Postmarked: forever + 1
Received in mail: forever + 4 (I'm also in Los Angeles).

I already stopped checking my mail. hahahaha.. why even bother? it probably wont come until April. whatever...

ROFL! Good luck with your wait and thanks for the laugh :)

has anyone heard back today?

I sure didn't......bummer. Oh well, I think they will still be sending out acceptances through the 22nd though. Looks like it's gonna be a real nail biter for those of us who haven't heard back yet..........Good luck to all.

LOL.....UCSF applicants are awsome. It only took 30min for someone to catch on to that. So here is my reasoning that has been haunting my thoughts since two days ago when I stumbled on to this. On the UCSF pharmacy school website it says that all applicants must inform the school of their intent to accept the offer of admission by April 6th or their spot will be given away. No big deal right? .........Well, shortly after seeing this, I was looking on the directory page for UCSF on pharmCAS and noticed that it says that all acceptees will be given 14 days to respond to their acceptance letter or have their spot given away. Call me crazy, but it seems as though this implies that the last acceptance letters will be recieved by the 22nd. .......Now I know that this is a flimsy argument, but the thought has been pleagueing me for a while, thus I was hoping that someone would counter it with a better arguement and give me some hope.

P.S. This is referring only to 1st round acceptances, not waitlisters and so on.

That seems about right; acceptances were received more or less until 3/21 last year. From that point on, waitlist letters were sent out. Some people received an acceptance late (ie. 3/28) but that was from mail/sorting errors.

Basically, it seems that if we don't receive an acceptance by the end of this week, we will get a waitlist # next week (or rejection, of course). Good luck...

OUCH!!!
I was really hoping that you would give me some reasons to think otherwise. Oh well, three days and counting.................Again, I wish you all good luck.

o wow.. this is really scary.. i still have not received anything back from them either...

I'm sorry guys,
I didn't mean to fear monger, I was just looking for hope. Regardless of what has been said, I like to think of it like this:

Someone has to get in in the next three days, so why not us?

LOL.....UCSF applicants are awsome. It only took 30min for someone to catch on to that. So here is my reasoning that has been haunting my thoughts since two days ago when I stumbled on to this. On the UCSF pharmacy school website it says that all applicants must inform the school of their intent to accept the offer of admission by April 6th or their spot will be given away. No big deal right? .........Well, shortly after seeing this, I was looking on the directory page for UCSF on pharmCAS and noticed that it says that all acceptees will be given 14 days to respond to their acceptance letter or have their spot given away. Call me crazy, but it seems as though this implies that the last acceptance letters will be recieved by the 22nd. .......Now I know that this is a flimsy argument, but the thought has been pleagueing me for a while, thus I was hoping that someone would counter it with a better arguement and give me some hope.

P.S. This is referring only to 1st round acceptances, not waitlisters and so on.

A cardgame isn't over until all the cards have at least been dealt, right Tanksquared86? Just keep your spirits up, and I'm sure something will come in the mail when you least expect it. I don't know about the 22nd thing, though. Joel did say that all applicants would hear by April 1st, right? Call it wishful thinking, but I'm inclined to believe that PharmCAS' 14 day grace period wouldn't apply to a Mar 22nd mailing deadline because your argument assumes all notified applicants would automatically enroll, thus filling all available incoming positions. I'm just another applicant here and thinking aloud, but I'd imagine UCSF might need to update additional applicants if someone else were to decline the offer for personal/other reasons... and wouldn't this require additional time, say at least until April 1st to rectify? I dunno... but to me, there's still light at the end of the tunnel if you don't hear by Mar 22nd!

For anyone still waiting, I don't know if there's anything you can do since decisions are in fate's hand now, but perhaps the best thing you can do is take a vacation after your exams, clear your head, have a relaxing spring break, and check your mail when you get back! :thumbup:

Also, congrats Yoda! :luck: Can't wait to meet you.

AggiePharmer,
I was only referring to 1st round acceptances not admitances based on declined offers and such: but for the sake of all of us still waiting I sincerely hope you are correct. Don't get me wrong either, I remain optemistic, I just cringe a little each time I open the mailbox to find nothing but dissapointment inside.

Also, does anyone know how the whole declined offers and replacements thing works for UCSF? Do waitlisters get in immediately or does the school prematurely accept more students than 122 in anticipation of the declined offers and then if they still need fillers they take waitlisters?

Anyhow, thanks for the support and optemism and with a little luck we'll be kickin it not just on picnic day, but also regularly next year!