UCVM/WCVM c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justdobeit

UCVM 2026
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go AGAIN, pre-vetties! How is it going for everyone new starting this year at UCVM and WCVM with COVID online classes and such?? Do you have any classes or labs in person? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For WCVM: Most lectures are recorded and posted online but some are live over WebEx. We have 1-2 in person labs a day, four days a week. Our class has been split into four stable groups for labs. There are some silver linings to this though. The smaller lab groups give us more one-on-one time with profs, so that’s a major bright side.

If anyone has any questions for the upcoming application cycle I can try to help as best I can! I see things are a little different with the application process this year!

Last edited:
WCVM 3rd year here. As said above, we are still going onto campus for labs in quarter class sections. That being said, some of my class's labs have been cancelled or moved online to minimize how often we are on campus. The school clubs are online-only this year, so there is definitely a decrease in hands-on opportunities compared to normal. For lectures, some are asynchronous online and some are live through WebEx depending on class and prof preference. The school put a lot of work into getting everything transferred over and I appreciate that; I would never have imagined our program could be moved online.

Always happy to answer questions about the school/program, through PM or on here.

Other note: this cycle will be the first time international/US students can apply to the program.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am so curious to see if UCVM will want to change their interview process from now on because they liked something better about this cycle (having no essay, online interviews, etc.)!

Hi all, question From undergrad noob looking to apply to wcvm in spring2022.. from what I understand wcvm takes your gpa from your 2 years of 4 course semesters. Thus far, I have only been able to afford 3 courses/ 12-14 credits per semester,that this considered full time at my Uni so I wasn’t aware of wcvms 4 course standard until recently . (Also trying to save loans from grad school). I have taken 4 courses a semester before but the courses weren’t for credit, So I know i can handle 4 courses. I plan on taking 4 courses\16 credits in my winter semester this year but in relation to when I apply to wcvm I would have only had 2 or 3 semesters of 16+ credits. is it still worth applying with such little course experience, or should I hold off on applying until I get 4 semesters of 16+ credits? I realize on average in vet school I’m looking at over 20 credits per semester :)

Hi all, question From undergrad noob looking to apply to wcvm in spring2022.. from what I understand wcvm takes your gpa from your 2 years of 4 course semesters. Thus far, I have only been able to afford 3 courses/ 12-14 credits per semester,that this considered full time at my Uni so I wasn’t aware of wcvms 4 course standard until recently . (Also trying to save loans from grad school). I have taken 4 courses a semester before but the courses weren’t for credit, So I know i can handle 4 courses. I plan on taking 4 courses\16 credits in my winter semester this year but in relation to when I apply to wcvm I would have only had 2 or 3 semesters of 16+ credits. is it still worth applying with such little course experience, or should I hold off on applying until I get 4 semesters of 16+ credits? I realize on average in vet school I’m looking at over 20 credits per semester :)

I personally don't know the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say that Heather Mandeville would be a great resource to ask these more technical application questions to:)

Hello everyone! Hope you are all being safe.

I am currently applying too WCVM, and I am finding that the way in which you input information to be quite different from what I am used too, such as the box for your animal related experience. For those who are applying/have applied how did you fill it out, with a list or written paragraphs(within 200 words!) ?

Many thanks and bon chance to all of you!

Hello everyone! Hope you are all being safe.

I am currently applying too WCVM, and I am finding that the way in which you input information to be quite different from what I am used too, such as the box for your animal related experience. For those who are applying/have applied how did you fill it out, with a list or written paragraphs(within 200 words!) ?

Many thanks and bon chance to all of you!
I did point form because for my personal application I felt like that style allowed me to present myself in the best way. I simply put the place, what I did (shadowing, volunteer, position), what type of facility it was, and hours. You don’t need to do hours, I feel like most people don’t, but a mentor of mine recommended that for my particular application I should do it.

I did point form because for my personal application I felt like that style allowed me to present myself in the best way. I simply put the place, what I did (shadowing, volunteer, position), what type of facility it was, and hours. You don’t need to do hours, I feel like most people don’t, but a mentor of mine recommended that for my particular application I should do it.

Thank you, that's really helpful! While I don't have hours for everything thats a good frame point in which to look at all of my experience.
Did you do something similar with the non-animal extra-curriculars? I am so unsure what to include and how to present as relevant, with a min word count, for things like hobbies/sports.

Thank you, that's really helpful! While I don't have hours for everything thats a good frame point in which to look at all of my experience.
Did you do something similar with the non-animal extra-curriculars? I am so unsure what to include and how to present as relevant, with a min word count, for things like hobbies/sports.
Yup, I did point form for everything except for my personal statement on the last page of the application. I can't remember exactly what I wrote since it has been a few years now, but I think I included the following:

Awards: stated the year, the name, what it was for (academic achievement, volunteer service, leadership, whatever), and how much it was worth.
Other extracurricular: Years, where/who it was with (I think, can't really remember), position if it was a club, and maybe something I did if I had time? I can't really remember well. I'll go see if I can find the old copy of my application in my email somewhere.

ETA: Found the copy of my old application. Yeah, I just had the stuff I listed above. You discuss things in a lot more detail during your interview, so it isn't necessary to include every single detail of each experience on the application.

Last edited:
Yup, I did point form for everything except for my personal statement on the last page of the application. I can't remember exactly what I wrote since it has been a few years now, but I think I included the following:

Awards: stated the year, the name, what it was for (academic achievement, volunteer service, leadership, whatever), and how much it was worth.
Other extracurricular: Years, where/who it was with (I think, can't really remember), position if it was a club, and maybe something I did if I had time? I can't really remember well. I'll go see if I can find the old copy of my application in my email somewhere.

ETA: Found the copy of my old application. Yeah, I just had the stuff I listed above. You discuss things in a lot more detail during your interview, so it isn't necessary to include every single detail of each experience on the application.

You are too nice!

Thank you so much, I definatly needed the reasurance to keep it pointed. Though it makes sense to format them like interview prompts.

Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite to Western this morning as a USA applicant! I was wondering if anyone who’s gone through the interview process has any advice. I’m aware that it’s a panel of 3 admissions members, but as of now I don’t know much else about what to expect. Any info about what it’s like to live in Saskatoon would also be very much appreciated. Thanks :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I just received an interview invite to Western this morning as a USA applicant! I was wondering if anyone who’s gone through the interview process has any advice. I’m aware that it’s a panel of 3 admissions members, but as of now I don’t know much else about what to expect. Any info about what it’s like to live in Saskatoon would also be very much appreciated. Thanks :)
Hey! Congrats on getting an interview! This is the first time that international students will be interviewed at WCVM so there may be some differences, but my advice would be to really know your application! I found the interview a great opportunity to go more in depth about what I had written in the application. They split the interview into 3 sections, each focusing on a different topic. My memory is a little hazy, but I’m pretty sure one was about community involvment/leadership, one was animal/vet experience , and one was understanding the vet profession. One tip would be to make sure you research some of the food animal production systems in Canada, as there are some differences from the states, and that did come up on my interview. I had never been to Saskatoon before starting school, but was pleasantly surprised! The winters can take some getting used to, but it is a nice little town, and I’m not at all upset about spending 4 years here. Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Congrats on getting an interview! This is the first time that international students will be interviewed at WCVM so there may be some differences, but my advice would be to really know your application! I found the interview a great opportunity to go more in depth about what I had written in the application. They split the interview into 3 sections, each focusing on a different topic. My memory is a little hazy, but I’m pretty sure one was about community involvment/leadership, one was animal/vet experience , and one was understanding the vet profession. One tip would be to make sure you research some of the food animal production systems in Canada, as there are some differences from the states, and that did come up on my interview. I had never been to Saskatoon before starting school, but was pleasantly surprised! The winters can take some getting used to, but it is a nice little town, and I’m not at all upset about spending 4 years here. Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions!

This is extremely helpful, thank you so much! I will definitely take you up on your offer to answer more questions, as I’m sure more will come to me as I prepare for the interview lol. Thanks again!

Assuming the interview you will receive is going to be the same type as the ones the provincial pool candidates get, there are numerous years of this thread that have tons of detailed feedback/advice. If you search them in the search bar you will find lots of what you are looking for. I know a few of us write out detailed posts every year, but I'm getting lazier since my old posts are still in those threads. :) People talk about the school and stuff as well.

Saskatoon gets very cold in the winter. My first winter got down to -54 Celcius after factoring in windchill. Usually you have a solid few weeks in the -40s. The sky in the winter is almost always clear and blue despite the temperature. The city is about 220,000, so not tiny but not huge. If you are coming from a bigger city you will find it a little (to a lot) slower and with less going on than home. The transit system works but is not great by any means. I brought my car in second year because I refused to spend another year commuting (relying on transport limits how much extra-curricular/outside of school stuff you can do, and for my mental health I needed to have sports/hobbies/etc which were not possible without a car). Housing is super cheap compared to a lot of the major cities in Canada. I share a 3 bedroom 1 bath condo with 1 person and we each pay $600 Canadian utilities included. We are in the prairies so it is very flat, people will telling you there is hiking but it doesn't really count. ;) WCVM has a very large number of "farm kids" because of how our provincial admissions is set up, I suspect we probably have more rural/mixed folk than most US schools. Sask in general is a very traditional, farmer/trades-heavy region. If you are coming from somewhere extremely left wing (eg California), it may take some getting used to. That being said, I do like living in Saskatoon and the people I've met here at the vet college are some of the best people that have ever been in my life.

One other thing I will say, is just remember the debt. I know coming from the US it is probably comparable, but I think it is important to at least consider the impact of that debt on the rest of your life/career. I adore vet school and love the profession even more than I did before, but I would have chosen a different path if it required coming out $250,000+ in debt.

I'm always candidly happy to answer questions in PM or on here.

Assuming the interview you will receive is going to be the same type as the ones the provincial pool candidates get, there are numerous years of this thread that have tons of detailed feedback/advice. If you search them in the search bar you will find lots of what you are looking for. I know a few of us write out detailed posts every year, but I'm getting lazier since my old posts are still in those threads. :) People talk about the school and stuff as well.

Saskatoon gets very cold in the winter. My first winter got down to -54 Celcius after factoring in windchill. Usually you have a solid few weeks in the -40s. The sky in the winter is almost always clear and blue despite the temperature. The city is about 220,000, so not tiny but not huge. If you are coming from a bigger city you will find it a little (to a lot) slower and with less going on than home. The transit system works but is not great by any means. I brought my car in second year because I refused to spend another year commuting (relying on transport limits how much extra-curricular/outside of school stuff you can do, and for my mental health I needed to have sports/hobbies/etc which were not possible without a car). Housing is super cheap compared to a lot of the major cities in Canada. I share a 3 bedroom 1 bath condo with 1 person and we each pay $600 Canadian utilities included. We are in the prairies so it is very flat, people will telling you there is hiking but it doesn't really count. ;) WCVM has a very large number of "farm kids" because of how our provincial admissions is set up, I suspect we probably have more rural/mixed folk than most US schools. Sask in general is a very traditional, farmer/trades-heavy region. If you are coming from somewhere extremely left wing (eg California), it may take some getting used to. That being said, I do like living in Saskatoon and the people I've met here at the vet college are some of the best people that have ever been in my life.

One other thing I will say, is just remember the debt. I know coming from the US it is probably comparable, but I think it is important to at least consider the impact of that debt on the rest of your life/career. I adore vet school and love the profession even more than I did before, but I would have chosen a different path if it required coming out $250,000+ in debt.

I'm always candidly happy to answer questions in PM or on here.

Thank you so much for this! After I submitted my first post, I began searching through past threads and found some really useful information (including posts that you’ve written, lol).

Your info about living in Saskatoon is also really helpful. I would hope to bring my car up there if I were to get accepted. When I attended a WebEx information session for Western last month, they mentioned that it’s important to get some sort of adapter for your engine so that it doesn’t freeze in the winter. Have you had to do this? Also, does Western have a lot to offer in terms of clubs/extra-curriculars?

In terms of debt, I’m certainly not taking it lightly. This is my 3rd application cycle, and my first cycle applying anywhere other than my in-state school, so it’s taken me a long time to consider taking on the amount of debt required to attend an out-of-state school. It definitely is a crazy amount of money!

Thank you so much for this! After I submitted my first post, I began searching through past threads and found some really useful information (including posts that you’ve written, lol).

Your info about living in Saskatoon is also really helpful. I would hope to bring my car up there if I were to get accepted. When I attended a WebEx information session for Western last month, they mentioned that it’s important to get some sort of adapter for your engine so that it doesn’t freeze in the winter. Have you had to do this? Also, does Western have a lot to offer in terms of clubs/extra-curriculars?

In terms of debt, I’m certainly not taking it lightly. This is my 3rd application cycle, and my first cycle applying anywhere other than my in-state school, so it’s taken me a long time to consider taking on the amount of debt required to attend an out-of-state school. It definitely is a crazy amount of money!
They are talking about a block heater. I had to get one installed, since my car is from a region of BC where cars don't typically get sold with a block heater because of how mild it is. You WILL need one, otherwise your car won't start and your battery is screwed come January. Usually it is a few hundred Canadian to get one installed.

Yup, there's lots of oppertunities if you go looking. The student association and student body have tons of clubs, clubs events, social events, and other oppertunities. Plus the vet college supports intramural sports and we often get our sport fees covered through the student government as encouragement to stay healthy and physical. I've had more of a life in vet school than I did before. It's a pretty small college, feels like a big (and sometimes cult-y) little family. :)

PS we all call the college WCVM, I don't think I've ever heard someone refer to it as Western ;)

They are talking about a block heater. I had to get one installed, since my car is from a region of BC where cars don't typically get sold with a block heater because of how mild it is. You WILL need one, otherwise your car won't start and your battery is screwed come January. Usually it is a few hundred Canadian to get one installed.

Yup, there's lots of oppertunities if you go looking. The student association and student body have tons of clubs, clubs events, social events, and other oppertunities. Plus the vet college supports intramural sports and we often get our sport fees covered through the student government as encouragement to stay healthy and physical. I've had more of a life in vet school than I did before. It's a pretty small college, feels like a big (and sometimes cult-y) little family. :)

PS we all call the college WCVM, I don't think I've ever heard someone refer to it as Western ;)

This is all really helpful, thank you again so much. Looking forward to possibly becoming a part of the WCVM family in future :)

Reactions: 2 users

Haha when I first read "Western" I thought I was in the wrong thread and we were talking about some American school or something :laugh:

@hopefulmarylander I just moved to Saskatoon as well (but from Alberta) so I am also happy to answer any questions! I don't know much about the vet school though but I do have a friend who took a non-sponsored seat this year so if you have any questions about that I might be able to get answers for you!

Hi all, I also have an interview with WCVM as 1st time, international applicant ❤️ Good luck to all of us

hi all,
the UCVM manual says that the in person MMI might be cancelled by the Public Health Authorities. What are the chances that the in person MMI is still happening based on current situation? and why would you think so? ( I know there are 4000 cases in Calgary right now because we are in the beginning of a second wave, and we should be near the end of a second wave near March so the numbers should be lower)

im just really not sure whether I should be focusing on the MMI or the Casper.

hi all,
the UCVM manual says that the in person MMI might be cancelled by the Public Health Authorities. What are the chances that the in person MMI is still happening based on current situation? and why would you think so? ( I know there are 4000 cases in Calgary right now because we are in the beginning of a second wave, and we should be near the end of a second wave near March so the numbers should be lower)

im just really not sure whether I should be focusing on the MMI or the Casper.

I would probably continue to study for both, since they're usually held in February I think. There is a chance if the vaccine comes out in January they might be able to hold them in person. But I would emphasize the Casper more since I am not super optimistic about in-person MMIs moving forward lol.

I would probably continue to study for both, since they're usually held in February I think. There is a chance if the vaccine comes out in January they might be able to hold them in person. But I would emphasize the Casper more since I am not super optimistic about in-person MMIs moving forward lol.
I had my interview with them last week and it was online, not in person.

I had my interview with them last week and it was online, not in person.
WCVM is doing their international interviews online right now.

This individual was talking about UCVM, which is a school in Calgary only open to Alberta residents. In previous years we've had both schools on one thread but with the admissions changes of both schools maybe we should split it up for next year.

Hello, I'm excited to be applying to WCVM for the first time this year!
Has anyone found value in including informational interviews (where you sit down with a vet and ask them about their career) as part of their Experience? Thanks for any thoughts!

Has anyone found value in including informational interviews (where you sit down with a vet and ask them about their career) as part of their Experience? Thanks for any thoughts!
Very exciting times! I hope to see you around next year:)

Just my weigh in on your Q: I personally never did a formal informational interview with any of the vets that I was lucky enough to shadow, I just learned of their career paths as I got to know them over time. If anything, a more formal interview is just a great chance to get to know your vets which is not a bad thing!
A bit of a side note and a long ways off from interviews, but personally the strategy that I found most helpful was to gather as many interview questions as possible and prepare answers to all of them. I am going to come across ouber nerdy haha, but I went to the extent of making flash cards (~200 Qs) and writing point form answers on the backs and then "quizzing" myself. Sometimes, when you practice, you think of a brilliant answer but forget it the next day! Hahah. So I found this helpful to remind myself. I then ran through my cards daily out loud (saying it out loud is key, you dont fumble as much in your own head) so that these answers would come out without too much hesitation. Of course dont memorize a script, and take your time to think in your interview, but just remember what highlights you really want to emphasize should you get asked a similar question. Then lastly, I had a crew of awesome friends who all mock-interviewed me and gave me constructive feedback and comments. Also, dont forget to also "quiz" yourself about your own application and experiences!!! Once again, sounds silly until you realize you fumble over your own life stories. Those are probably the main take aways from my go at it last year. Feel free to ask more questions / message me (open to all), or ignore my advice entirely if it isnt your style lol! I just remember being in your place last year so I wanted to help like others have helped me:)

Sorry for the extensive and long-winded answer, but I hope it helps you or anyone else stumbling across this forum (which i shamelessly stalked obsessively).
Cheers! 🤗

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hello all!
I just have a very silly question and am kind of nervous that I messed up big! :( so the manual says the due date is Dec 1st but the admissions website says midnight CST Dec 1st, so I completed my application very close to this deadline( maybe even past? it confuses me) but it still let me pay successfully and my application is still up... would this mean I am considered an applicant? I know my question is confusing but I'm essentially asking whether the website will not let you complete anything or pay if you're passed the due date? I appreciate your help! :(... (this is such a stupid mistake)

Hello all!
I just have a very silly question and am kind of nervous that I messed up big! :( so the manual says the due date is Dec 1st but the admissions website says midnight CST Dec 1st, so I completed my application very close to this deadline( maybe even past? it confuses me) but it still let me pay successfully and my application is still up... would this mean I am considered an applicant? I know my question is confusing but I'm essentially asking whether the website will not let you complete anything or pay if you're passed the due date? I appreciate your help! :(... (this is such a stupid mistake)
Hey! I just checked and it let me "start" a new application so I think you are in the clear. In previous years as soon as the deadline passes you are no longer able to start a new application.

If you want some peace of mind you can always email Heather to check, but I don't think you have anything to be worried about (especially since you've paid). :)

Although this is very valuable, I personally wouldn't include this in the animal/vet experience section because you aren't actually around animals or in a clinic during it. If I sat down with a grocery store manager and interviewed them, I wouldn't tell a future employer that I have experience working in a grocery store setting.

Although I wouldn't include it (and I did not include the times I did this on my application), you can rest assured that it will most certainly help you in the interview phase. A lot of the stuff you learn interviewing and talking with veterinarians gives you a good base in the interview when they ask questions around how well you understand the field and the pros/cons of being in it. :)

Hey! I just checked and it let me "start" a new application so I think you are in the clear. In previous years as soon as the deadline passes you are no longer able to start a new application.

If you want some peace of mind you can always email Heather to check, but I don't think you have anything to be worried about (especially since you've paid). :)
Thanks so much! :) I actually did email her and you were right, the deadline is tonight! (its just confusing because it says midnight December 1st which is like, 12am on Dec 1st? lol. Thank you tho! :)

Hi! When are we expected to hear back from them after the interview?

Last edited:
My interview panel said february! Longest couple months of my life tbh.
I feel that, the wait is literally giving me anxiety. How did you think you did on your interview? I was overwhelmed with how many questions they asked.

I feel that, the wait is literally giving me anxiety. How did you think you did on your interview? I was overwhelmed with how many questions they asked.
I'm anxious enough waiting for an interview offer, I can't imagine how you guys feel having to wait so long for a final decision! I wonder how online classes will affect the admission average this year?

Here here!

There is already the unpredictability of getting in but the online classes/grades, how covid may impact admission numbers (I have heard the med-school admissions have doubled 😱) and some admission changes like (likely) online interviews. I would love to hear how everyone is coping/preparing with the overall unpredictability of the wait.

Did any international WCVM applicants send the school their Fall transcripts? I noticed that IPA applicants need to submit them by January 31 (Sunday). I'm hoping that I didn't miss something that said international students needed to submit them too. I haven't heard anything since my interview, so I didn't think I needed to do anything else until we hear about acceptances, waitlist, etc.

Hey yall, I have a quick question about the references! If one of our references sends the form after the due date will they still accept it? Or if there reference just doesn't sent it at all will they allow you to change your ref? reason why I'm asking is that my reference is super busy and kind of disorganized, I truly regret asking her for reference because I did have other options and now I'm stuck with her. I don't know if she will sent things on time or even remember to ( even though I have emailed her and told her that this is really important to me, she seems to get annoyed because she is too busy and has other more important stuff to deal with...). I appreciate you guys sharing similar experiences if you have any, thanks!

Very exciting times! I hope to see you around next year:)

Just my weigh in on your Q: I personally never did a formal informational interview with any of the vets that I was lucky enough to shadow, I just learned of their career paths as I got to know them over time. If anything, a more formal interview is just a great chance to get to know your vets which is not a bad thing!
A bit of a side note and a long ways off from interviews, but personally the strategy that I found most helpful was to gather as many interview questions as possible and prepare answers to all of them. I am going to come across ouber nerdy haha, but I went to the extent of making flash cards (~200 Qs) and writing point form answers on the backs and then "quizzing" myself. Sometimes, when you practice, you think of a brilliant answer but forget it the next day! Hahah. So I found this helpful to remind myself. I then ran through my cards daily out loud (saying it out loud is key, you dont fumble as much in your own head) so that these answers would come out without too much hesitation. Of course dont memorize a script, and take your time to think in your interview, but just remember what highlights you really want to emphasize should you get asked a similar question. Then lastly, I had a crew of awesome friends who all mock-interviewed me and gave me constructive feedback and comments. Also, dont forget to also "quiz" yourself about your own application and experiences!!! Once again, sounds silly until you realize you fumble over your own life stories. Those are probably the main take aways from my go at it last year. Feel free to ask more questions / message me (open to all), or ignore my advice entirely if it isnt your style lol! I just remember being in your place last year so I wanted to help like others have helped me:)

Sorry for the extensive and long-winded answer, but I hope it helps you or anyone else stumbling across this forum (which i shamelessly stalked obsessively).
Cheers! 🤗
Hello, sorry it took me so long to reply! I appreciate your feedback and also I do really appreciate your side note and your strategies! It's an excellent idea to practice and I will be doing so. :) Thank you!

Did any international WCVM applicants send the school their Fall transcripts? I noticed that IPA applicants need to submit them by January 31 (Sunday). I'm hoping that I didn't miss something that said international students needed to submit them too. I haven't heard anything since my interview, so I didn't think I needed to do anything else until we hear about acceptances, waitlist, etc.
Oh man, this is def my first time hearing of this. I haven’t heard anything either so I assumed the same as you did.

Although this is very valuable, I personally wouldn't include this in the animal/vet experience section because you aren't actually around animals or in a clinic during it. If I sat down with a grocery store manager and interviewed them, I wouldn't tell a future employer that I have experience working in a grocery store setting.

Although I wouldn't include it (and I did not include the times I did this on my application), you can rest assured that it will most certainly help you in the interview phase. A lot of the stuff you learn interviewing and talking with veterinarians gives you a good base in the interview when they ask questions around how well you understand the field and the pros/cons of being in it. :)
Hi there, thanks so much for the reply! I ended up submitting my application with the informational interviews included. Oh well! Extraneous but hopefully not a hindrance. I'll find out shortly lol!

Hey yall, I have a quick question about the references! If one of our references sends the form after the due date will they still accept it? Or if there reference just doesn't sent it at all will they allow you to change your ref? reason why I'm asking is that my reference is super busy and kind of disorganized, I truly regret asking her for reference because I did have other options and now I'm stuck with her. I don't know if she will sent things on time or even remember to ( even though I have emailed her and told her that this is really important to me, she seems to get annoyed because she is too busy and has other more important stuff to deal with...). I appreciate you guys sharing similar experiences if you have any, thanks!
Yes and yes. They will send a reminder to the reference to try to get them to submit, and if they still don't the school will ask you for another. Admissions said they won't punish someone for something their reference isn't doing.

My anxiousness grows by the day. At what point would it be socially acceptable to send an email requesting an update? For context I was told I would hear by February (as I’m sure a lot of us were told), so I was wondering how long any of y’all waited to request an update.

My anxiousness grows by the day. At what point would it be socially acceptable to send an email requesting an update? For context I was told I would hear by February (as I’m sure a lot of us were told), so I was wondering how long any of y’all waited to request an update.
I haven't asked for an update, but if you do let us know what they say.
In the last email they sent back in November, they said international applicants would be notified mid-late February. I'm hoping for next week sometime, but that's probably wishful thinking to the end the long waiting. This is also their first time accepting US applicants, so I'm hoping they aren't running behind schedule.
The suspense is growing for me too. In some ways waiting for WCVM is more nerve-racking than other schools because I know they are only going to accept 5-10 US applicants.

Hi everyone! So I just got some information for WCVM applicants I thought I'd Share:
First round interview offers (for non international folks) are expected to come out early April!!!
I assume second round will come out any time after that.

While I'm here, does anyone feel comfortable sharing what the interview cut-off average usually is for Saskatchewan residents??
Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! So I just got some information for WCVM applicants I thought I'd Share:
First round interview offers (for non international folks) are expected to come out early April!!!

While I'm here, does anyone feel comfortable sharing what the interview cut-off average usually is for Saskatchewan residents??
Thanks so much!
I was a BC resident and it does vary from province to province, but when I applied, I think the cut off for first round interviews was around 85%. The closer your average is to 90%, the better chance of a first round, but if your average is lower 80’s, you may end up with a second round. Good luck!!

Thanks so much!
You can also check out provincial interview averages on the WCVM website:)

I haven't asked for an update, but if you do let us know what they say.
In the last email they sent back in November, they said international applicants would be notified mid-late February. I'm hoping for next week sometime, but that's probably wishful thinking to the end the long waiting. This is also their first time accepting US applicants, so I'm hoping they aren't running behind schedule.
The suspense is growing for me too. In some ways waiting for WCVM is more nerve-racking than other schools because I know they are only going to accept 5-10 US applicants.
I definitely will! I didn’t know it was mid-late February, so I’ll give them a bit more time as we are just entering mid Feb.

I was a BC resident and it does vary from province to province, but when I applied, I think the cut off for first round interviews was around 85%. The closer your average is to 90%, the better chance of a first round, but if your average is lower 80’s, you may end up with a second round. Good luck!!
Thanks for the information! I have a question- is that average your overall average or 1/3 best year average + 2/3 overall? :)

Thanks for the information! I have a question- is that average your overall average or 1/3 best year average + 2
Admissions average (so best year factored in). I think I calculated my admissions average to be 85.15% the year I got in, which got me a second round interview. My actual average was probably 83% or lower, I can’t quite remember. I don’t *think* anyone interviewed my year with an admissions average below 85 but I’m not in admissions so I don’t know for sure.

Your best year can really help you. :)

ETA: this is for BC specifically and was several years ago. The average changes year to year in regards to interviews, depending on applicants. So don’t fuss about your exact number too much.

I definitely will! I didn’t know it was mid-late February, so I’ll give them a bit more time as we are just entering mid Feb.
Hi everyone! I went ahead and asked for an update and Tara Carmichael responded to me pretty quickly. She said everyone would hear by the end of this week. Somehow, I’m even more anxious. Good luck everyone!!!

• Love