UF 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are likely going in the order in which they received. I would double check your portal status page to see if there’s been any update to your residency.
(If there is that would give indication they are likely reviewing or have received your application and your likely in que to receive the ‘application complete’ email if all other materials are fulfilled)
 
Any OOS applicants having issues with their portal? Mine is super glitchy and I’m not seeing any residency status updates or any updates at all for that matter.
 
Any OOS applicants having issues with their portal? Mine is super glitchy and I’m not seeing any residency status updates or any updates at all for that matter.
me too. i just see mine like a normal application portal for general UF admissions and not a single thing relatd to an actual update. Although their emails suggest we should expect updates to come through email
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too. i just see mine like a normal application portal for general UF admissions and not a single thing relatd to an actual update. Although their emails suggest we should expect updates to come through email

As someone who did undergrad, a master's, and applied once already for DVM, the portal never updates after your residency status is updated, lol. At least for me, that has been the case

Are there still people who didn't get the confirmation email? Because I haven't yet, and I'm getting nervous. The last one I got was confirming it is
being processed."
 
I mean if you feel that worried you can email but it’s only early October and I doubt they’ve even truly dived into reviewing applications yet.

Again, I believe they are going in the order in which they received applications. Therefore if you turned in your application the last week of deadlines except a later update due to the influx of applications that were also submitted in that timeframe.

That being said… again feel free to email if you are that worried.
 
Interviews are projected to be January 12th-February 6th (thought some notice would be helpful to those who will have to schedule around school/work.) Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to be apart of student interviews again this year because I'll be back on clinics 🙁 I'm always happy to answer any questions about the program / process though!
 
Interviews are projected to be January 12th-February 6th (thought some notice would be helpful to those who will have to schedule around school/work.) Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to be apart of student interviews again this year because I'll be back on clinics 🙁 I'm always happy to answer any questions about the program / process though!
You are always out front in helping others Katiemcat! I assume this info for prospective students will be awesome to hear during the “crickets” period. Thank you! Hope you are doing well.
 
You are always out front in helping others Katiemcat! I assume this info for prospective students will be awesome to hear during the “crickets” period. Thank you! Hope you are doing well.
Aww shucks, I try my best to be helpful!

I hope your son is rocking his first semester! It'll be over before we know it :soexcited:

edit: BTW you should come play WW with us FLBuckeye
 
Aww shucks, I try my best to be helpful!

I hope your son is rocking his first semester! It'll be over before we know it :soexcited:

edit: BTW you should come play WW with us FLBuckeye

Aww shucks, I try my best to be helpful!

I hope your son is rocking his first semester! It'll be over before we know it :soexcited:

edit: BTW you should come play WW with us FLBuckeye
He is doing very well. In that year one vet school groove.

What the heck is WW?
 
He is doing very well. In that year one vet school groove.

What the heck is WW?
Glad to hear!

Only the greatest forum game ever run by the greatest SDN mods ever

 
Glad to hear!

Only the greatest forum game ever run by the greatest SDN mods ever

Last game I played was on an Atari 2600! Of which not a single person on this forum probably even knows what that is! Maybe I will watch to start.
 
Hello! I've just found out this exists and have been reading all day, so anxiously waiting updates now that we're in November. I was wondering if anyone knows when the student profiles for last admission cycle are usually released?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if admissions starts reviewing apps in May, is this rolling admissions and submitting right before the deadline decreases your chances?
 
Yeah, this is what I meant. Don’t rolling schools start reviewing apps before September?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2859.jpeg
    IMG_2859.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 169
Here's a little bit of information for any UF vet hopefuls. UF is implementing a new policy for clinicals where all students need to wear hunter green scrubs. There's no color requirement for your first two years, but buying hunter green ones if you get admitted will save you money in the long run if you are planning on buying scrubs.
 
Here's a little bit of information for any UF vet hopefuls. UF is implementing a new policy for clinicals where all students need to wear hunter green scrubs. There's no color requirement for your first two years, but buying hunter green ones if you get admitted will save you money in the long run if you are planning on buying scrubs.
thank you. hopping on Figs website for black friday for this <3 you just justified an impulsive buy for me thanks

in my mind if I buy these scrubs it will somehow serve as a manifestation for an acceptance from UF
 
Last edited:
Here's a little bit of information for any UF vet hopefuls. UF is implementing a new policy for clinicals where all students need to wear hunter green scrubs. There's no color requirement for your first two years, but buying hunter green ones if you get admitted will save you money in the long run if you are planning on buying scrubs.
Where did you hear or get this information?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speaking of scrubs, I've been getting Instagram ads for scrubs specifically made for veterinarians with knee support and anti-fur material. Has anyone tried them? I think the ones I'm thinking of is Dr. Woof, do they work?
My coworker ordered some weeks ago but said they still haven’t shipped!
 
Speaking of scrubs, I've been getting Instagram ads for scrubs specifically made for veterinarians with knee support and anti-fur material. Has anyone tried them? I think the ones I'm thinking of is Dr. Woof, do they work?
I saw some reviews of people saying that the knee pads don’t line up for them, so hopefully it works for some people! But I have fur repelling scrubs from Skechers, and the fabric is a little different than your average scrubs but it’s nice!
 
I saw some reviews of people saying that the knee pads don’t line up for them, so hopefully it works for some people! But I have fur repelling scrubs from Skechers, and the fabric is a little different than your average scrubs but it’s nice!
Can you please PM me a link to check out these fur repelling scrubs? Thanks.
 
I'm hoping @katiemcat or @FLBuckeye might know the answer to this, but do you know when interview invites go out? I wrote down December in my notebook. My emails are jump-scaring me.
 
I'm hoping @katiemcat or @FLBuckeye might know the answer to this, but do you know when interview invites go out? I wrote down December in my notebook. My emails are jump-scaring me.
My Sons interview invite came on 12/09/24. His interview was 1/15/25. My understanding the year before was earlier dates. So if consistent, the next 2-3 weeks would make sense. Good luck!
 
I'm hoping @katiemcat or @FLBuckeye might know the answer to this, but do you know when interview invites go out? I wrote down December in my notebook. My emails are jump-scaring me.
My Sons interview invite came on 12/09/24. His interview was 1/15/25. My understanding the year before was earlier dates. So if consistent, the next 2-3 weeks would make sense. Good luck!
I don’t know an exact date but yes it’s historically been early December before winter break!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wishing EVERYONE the best of luck in the coming weeks. Wishing everyone the best of luck at UF. Not everyone will be able to get an interview at UF, but if you don't, I hope your amazing application is recognized elsewhere!
I am very very nervous about UF interview invites because I know the out-of-state acceptance rate is tiny and I would love to go there! I am feeling incredibly grateful that I already have an acceptance, so I know it will work out either way, and I am really hoping that it works out for all the other amazing applicants in this thread as well!