UF c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurerescueDVM

UF CVM c/o 2022
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I would start a UF c/o 2022 thread since I have not seen one yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied last year and made it to folder review but no interview. I'm hoping this year I'll get an interview. Lol

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sure. This is what UF calculated my stats as:
Overall gpa: 3.70
Science gpa: 3.53
Last 45: 3.65
Gre verbal: 51%
Gre quant: 55%
For gpa they said I was at or above the averages of the past 3 years class. My gre is obviously lower. Their suggestions for me were to diversify my experience (I had only Small animal before), they didn't like my essays, and they told me to get a veterinary mentor. I guess the vet that wrote my letter didn't make it sound like she's known me for as long as she has :/

For gpa they said I was at or above the averages of the past 3 years class. My gre is obviously lower. Their suggestions for me were to diversify my experience (I had only Small animal before), they didn't like my essays, and they told me to get a veterinary mentor. I guess the vet that wrote my letter didn't make it sound like she's known me for as long as she has :/

Oh no! Hopefully this year we can both get in. Did UF calculate your grade based on VMCAS or other software?

Oh no! Hopefully this year we can both get in. Did UF calculate your grade based on VMCAS or other software?

I think it was different because I just looked back at my application I saved from last year and they calculated my gpa lower than UF did, but I also reported my overall gpa as lower. My gpa is now higher since getting my degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
I calculated my grades from VMCAS. And I'm kind of upset my overall GPA is lower than anticipated, especially since I retook some classes.

397e8253bc5d4fac6f006622ea19bbff.jpg

Your last 45 is really good!

I applied here as well! It's my IS, hopefully we can all become classmates. I'm extremely nervous because of my low GRE scores :nailbiting:

Did they recommend retaking the GRE? I have the same scores as you. I know they put a lot of weight on the GRE compared to other universities... :(

has anyone heard back yet about making it to review?

The only email I've received from them is the timeline. It said selected applications would be sent for review late October- end of November.

Does anyone know what the academic cutoffs for folder review are? I am a grad student at UF but will still be in the out of state pool :(. My undergrad GPA is horrible but my grad GPA is around a 3.6.

Does anyone know what the academic cutoffs for folder review are? I am a grad student at UF but will still be in the out of state pool :(. My undergrad GPA is horrible but my grad GPA is around a 3.6.
I found this on their website. Hope it helps!
"The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine (UFCVM) does not have a set minimum academic requirement in order to be admitted. However, Science, Last 45 and Overall GPAs in addition to GRE scores will be used in evaluating the academic ranking of applicants. Candidates are ranked in two independent applicant pools: Sponsored (Florida residents) and Non-Sponsored (Out of state)."

Does anyone know if they're doing early interviews this year?

Were early interviews just for IS people? Or OOS as well?

Current student here--I've heard nothing about early interviews this year so I'm guessing they won't be happening

Current student here--I've heard nothing about early interviews this year so I'm guessing they won't be happening
Thank you for the update!

If you hear anything through the grapevine please let us know!
Anxiously waiting for any email!

If you hear anything through the grapevine please let us know!
Anxiously waiting for any email!
I heard from someone with a close relation to admissions that they would not be doing early interviews this year, and that interviews will take place during three weekends in January and we would be notified sometime in December!

I heard from someone with a close relation to admissions that they would not be doing early interviews this year, and that interviews will take place during three weekends in January and we would be notified sometime in December!
Ahh! Thank you! I wasn't sure if we'd hear back in November or December. I wonder why they didn't hold early interviews this year? Shortage of time maybe?

When interviews go out, are rejections going to go out at the same time? Or do they wait and send out all rejections after interviews?

When interviews go out, are rejections going to go out at the same time? Or do they wait and send out all rejections after interviews?

Interviews are offered on early December. I’m not sure about the rejections.:thinking:

Hello fellow anxious (potentially future classmates) SDN'ers!

This morning I received a text from my friend who is a first year vet student at UF confirming there will be no early interviews and they had more applicants than normal which is why the process may be a bit slower.

Best of luck to everyone and hoping y'all are staying sane with this wait!

Reactions: 1 users
current first year student here. Today we got an email with interview dates listed as January 6th, 13th, and 27th. You will be getting invites soon :) Hang in there people!!

Reactions: 4 users
current first year student here. Today we got an email with interview dates listed as January 6th, 13th, and 27th. You will be getting invites soon :) Hang in there people!!
The wait feels never-ending!

December 1st, here we go guys! Best of luck to everyone! Florida is the only school I applied to so I am super anxious to find out so I can start planning for the future, whether that be a gap year or vet school!
Ahh!

Reactions: 5 users
So I just had a mild heart attack this morning (not really but felt like it)... I checked to see about my supplemental application and the website we submitted them on showed I didn't submit anything. I went back into my bank statements and found my payment and confirmation number, etc.. Long story short there was an internal issue for my application, so I would double check to make sure everything is in. Just wanted to give you guys some advice!

For everyone, I'm pretty sure if you have a UF ID, then your supplemental was processed.

Looking through my spam folder I found that I never registered with UF's online system, I got the email saying they received all of my materials etc but should I be worried??