UF c/o 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email back about the interview day and hotel recommendations.
Ahhhh okay how soon after confirming did she reply?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh gosh guys, I accidentally spelled her last name wrong! How embarrassing. I haven't heard back from her yet. I sent the email yesterday around 9 PM.

Congrats on your interviews! I was placed on the interview waitlist (OOS). Does anybody know the likelihood of being called? I know it's super variable, but I'd appreciate any insight you may have! Thanks :)
I was placed on the waitlist as well! I hope we both get calls, but I have no idea how likely it is to get called either!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone hear back about a date change?

Anyone interviewing on the 13th or the 27th trying to swap their interview date? I’m interviewing on the 6th and need to swap with someone for a diff weekend. If you are interested, message me please!

Anyone interviewing on the 13th or the 27th trying to swap their interview date? I’m interviewing on the 6th and need to swap with someone for a diff weekend. If you are interested, message me please!

I would email Lynnette Chaparro and no other applicants here.

Anyone else receive a call from Jonathan Orsini, director of admissions and recruitment? I missed a call and when I called back it was his voicemail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else receive a call from Jonathan Orsini, director of admissions and recruitment? I missed a call and when I called back it was his voicemail.
Did you apply or show interest in a graduate program, not associated with UFCVM?

Did you apply or show interest in a graduate program, not associated with UFCVM?
No. I called and it was to see if I wanted to move my interview to the 6th instead of the 13th. So I did. Extremely nervous now!

If anyone has interviewed at UF before or knows someone who has recently, all of my friends who interviewed here in the past year are men (literally how in this field lol) with no concept of purses so does anyone know if there is someone I can leave my small crossbody purse or if it matters if I bring it in the room?

Additionally if I want to bring someone to go on the tour and such later, is there somewhere they wait or should I tell them to meet me like 50 minutes after my interview time?

Mine is this Saturday and I’m so excited and nervous!!

If anyone has interviewed at UF before or knows someone who has recently, all of my friends who interviewed here in the past year are men (literally how in this field lol) with no concept of purses so does anyone know if there is someone I can leave my small crossbody purse or if it matters if I bring it in the room?

Additionally if I want to bring someone to go on the tour and such later, is there somewhere they wait or should I tell them to meet me like 50 minutes after my interview time?

Mine is this Saturday and I’m so excited and nervous!!

Hey I have an interview tomorrow as well! I left my purse with my bf last year but if I remember right you can bring it in the room with you. I sat at a large table with the 3 interviewers and there’s plenty of room to set it on the floor or in your lap. Everyone who goes with you just waits on the 1st floor together until the interview is over, unless they want to get a coffee there’s no issues getting back into the building. Be confident in your interview and comfortable and I’m sure you’ll do great! I didn’t get accepted last year but fingers crossed for this year! It’s pretty conversational and they just want you to be comfortable and see what you know about the profession and what kind of person you are. Good luck!

Are there going to be any other activities? I think I read somewhere about a tour, but it wasn't very clear on the time or if there's anything else going on. Just don't wanna miss anything! My interview is at 3:00pm tomorrow so I have major FOMO thinking that all (if any) activities will be in the morning

Are there going to be any other activities? I think I read somewhere about a tour, but it wasn't very clear on the time or if there's anything else going on. Just don't wanna miss anything! My interview is at 3:00pm tomorrow so I have major FOMO thinking that all (if any) activities will be in the morning
There will be a tour but I don't think there's anything else

There will be a tour but I don't think there's anything else

• An optional Q&A panel session will be held at the vet school and lead by first and second year veterinary students on the day of your interview. It will take place in Lecture Hall A at 6:15 PM. Student guides will be directing to where the session will take place. Family and guests are welcome to join you.
That’s from the email with interview instructions

Also, the tour takes place immediately following your interview, everyone gets together again and goes on the tour but the Q and A is later in the evening

Guys guys can I just recommend something... Eat at the Reggae Shack afterwards (super vegetarian/vegan friendly). I'm always raving about their food and can't believe I get to go back there :soexcited:

BTW if any of y'all are there and want to join me the weekend of 1/26 so I'm not eating alone y'know please do :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Guys guys can I just recommend something... Eat at the Reggae Shack afterwards (super vegetarian/vegan friendly). I'm always raving about their food and can't believe I get to go back there :soexcited:

BTW if any of y'all are there and want to join me the weekend of 1/26 so I'm not eating alone y'know please do :laugh:
Are you vegan by chance?

Good morning! Is anyone sending a thank you email to their interviewers? I want to but am conflicted about how to go about it. We have to email them through Lynette but I am unsure if I should send Lynette separate emails for each interviewer or just one blanket thank you? I don't want to spam Lynette's inbox lol but also would like to personalize the message a little bit, so if you have any advice on how to go about this I would appreciate it!!

The interview was honestly fun and for everyone who has one in the next few weeks- UF goes out of their way to make sure you are as comfortable and relaxed as possible before and after your interview. Don't stress about it too much, if possible hahaha :)

Reactions: 4 users
OMG this makes me so happy! I was beginning to think I was the only one in vet med
Really?
A large percentage of my pathology lab is vegetarian including one of the veterinarians - actually the lead veterinarian was vegan when she started school but wasn't healthy, so now eats responsibly sourced animal products/meat (This is the same boat I was in, except I still don't eat meat).

But I guess up until I started there I haven't known any other vegetarian veterinarians (how's that for a band name). Interesting!

Really?
A large percentage of my pathology lab is vegetarian including one of the veterinarians - actually the lead veterinarian was vegan when she started school but wasn't healthy, so now eats responsibly sourced animal products/meat (This is the same boat I was in, except I still don't eat meat).

But I guess up until I started there I haven't known any other vegetarian veterinarians (how's that for a band name). Interesting!
I’ve known one person that is vegan to become a vet. And I know one vegetarian vet. But of course I live in a really small FL town.

Good morning! Is anyone sending a thank you email to their interviewers? I want to but am conflicted about how to go about it. We have to email them through Lynette but I am unsure if I should send Lynette separate emails for each interviewer or just one blanket thank you? I don't want to spam Lynette's inbox lol but also would like to personalize the message a little bit, so if you have any advice on how to go about this I would appreciate it!!

The interview was honestly fun and for everyone who has one in the next few weeks- UF goes out of their way to make sure you are as comfortable and relaxed as possible before and after your interview. Don't stress about it too much, if possible hahaha :)
Ah thank you for the heads up! It is hard to not be nervous but your words are reassuring!
I would also want to send my interviewers a thank you email, I was just going to look them up in the directory and send them a personal email but if it is through Lynette then maybe email her how to properly go about it?

Hi everyone! Can someone tell me a little about the program and what makes them special? Also, do they work with exotics?

Hi everyone! Can someone tell me a little about the program and what makes them special? Also, do they work with exotics?

Hi! First year here:

UF has an amazing exotics program! We work with the St. Augustine Alligator farm, plus get wildlife cases from all over the country. We get to work with FWC on protected species so you get a chance to work with species not commonly available at other places. I have worked with galapagos tortoises, Florida pine snakes, pancake tortoises brought in from a smuggling operation.

UF is also huge in research, which is something I am very interested in and another reason why I chose UF. We work with small, large, food animal, exotic, aquatic - pretty much anything you can think of. We also have an incredible faculty - I am particularly fond of the F.A.R.M.S. department since I have worked with them for over four years, and they continue to impress me with their dedication to student learning and development as future veterinarians.

Hope this helps you decide!

Hey guys! I'll be interviewing on Saturday at 1pm WOO! Does anybody have suggestions on questions to ask? The person I did a mock interview with said that schools will expect you to have questions prepared to ask them, but I'm not sure what I should focus on! Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hey guys! I'll be interviewing on Saturday at 1pm WOO! Does anybody have suggestions on questions to ask? The person I did a mock interview with said that schools will expect you to have questions prepared to ask them, but I'm not sure what I should focus on! Thanks and good luck to everyone!
I asked about extracurriculars and their MPH program. It helps to go creep through their website and make a list of things you’re curious about and want input on. Also some things that they said during the interview sparked my curiosity so I brought those up as well!

I asked about extracurriculars and their MPH program. It helps to go creep through their website and make a list of things you’re curious about and want input on. Also some things that they said during the interview sparked my curiosity so I brought those up as well!

Thank you! I'm doing a bit of creeping now ;)
How long was your interview? I know they said 45 minutes in the email but was it truly that?

Thank you! I'm doing a bit of creeping now ;)
How long was your interview? I know they said 45 minutes in the email but was it truly that?

Interviews will not be over 45 minutes - I’ll be one of the people knocking on doors this Saturday saying time’s up! Lot of people and not a lot of time to get everyone done.

I cannot believe that we now have to wait until the end of February to find out if we are accepted! This wait is already killing me and it's only been a few days! lol

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! First year here:

UF has an amazing exotics program! We work with the St. Augustine Alligator farm, plus get wildlife cases from all over the country. We get to work with FWC on protected species so you get a chance to work with species not commonly available at other places. I have worked with galapagos tortoises, Florida pine snakes, pancake tortoises brought in from a smuggling operation.

UF is also huge in research, which is something I am very interested in and another reason why I chose UF. We work with small, large, food animal, exotic, aquatic - pretty much anything you can think of. We also have an incredible faculty - I am particularly fond of the F.A.R.M.S. department since I have worked with them for over four years, and they continue to impress me with their dedication to student learning and development as future veterinarians.

Hope this helps you decide!
Thank you!! This is very helpful. :nod:

So I have question. My interview is at 8 AM on Saturday but it says there is a q&a at 6:15 PM. Do I need to wear my suit for that as wel?