-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2017 Applicants
Started by tvo21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone else live in Athens and still not get a letter in the mail today?
I live in Duluth and nothing yet :/ maybe not every letter was sent on friday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted498041
Mailman came and there is no UGA mail in Florida 🙁
I just got mine! I got accepted!!! HOLY MOLY! I can't believe it! I'm going to be a veterinarian! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I'm sure it will come! GO DAWGS!
Looking forward to this c/o 2017 facebook group!! CONGRATS!
I just got mine! I got accepted!!! HOLY MOLY! I can't believe it! I'm going to be a veterinarian! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I'm sure it will come! GO DAWGS!
Congrats!!
Congrats!
Congratulations! I can't wait to meet everyone! For my fellow SC contract students, do you know exactly what "It is your responsibility to maintain your residency status" means? What exactly do we need to do to maintain our SC status?
Thanks!
Thanks!
I just got mine! I got accepted!!! HOLY MOLY! I can't believe it! I'm going to be a veterinarian! Good luck to everyone still waiting, I'm sure it will come! GO DAWGS!
Congratulations!!!! 🙂 😍
👍I live 2 hours from UGA and I didn't get anything in the mail today. I guess my mail people are slow. Or they lost it. .???
Not to be a Debbie downer but has anyone gotten rejected yet? Or heard of anyone getting rejected? I've only heard of acceptances so far and that scares me cuz I'm wondering if they mail acceptances first? I still don't have a letter!!!!!!
Im going to be a veterinarian!!!!!!!!!! SO excited right now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I live in the Twin Cities and still haven't gotten anything..
Got a big white envelope!!! (ATL!) Made a scene at my apartment complex's mailbox hut - worth it! Can't wait to meet the rest of you c/o 2017ers and good luck to those with mail on the way!!! 







Got a big white envelope!!! (ATL!) Made a scene at my apartment complex's mailbox hut - worth it! Can't wait to meet the rest of you c/o 2017ers and good luck to those with mail on the way!!!![]()
Congratulations! Have you decided on Georgia? I'm still waiting on Penn, but I will most likely be a Bulldog!
Not to be a Debbie downer but has anyone gotten rejected yet? Or heard of anyone getting rejected? I've only heard of acceptances so far and that scares me cuz I'm wondering if they mail acceptances first? I still don't have a letter!!!!!!
This is what I'm starting to suspect too. I haven't heard of any rejections either, only acceptances. And there's no logical reason that some of the letters sent out on Friday wouldn't have made it to addresses in Athens and Metro Atlanta by today. So they definitely weren't all sent out Friday. I guess there is still hope that they just didn't have time to put them all together and send them out on Friday? The whole UGA admissions process just points to an extremely unorganized admissions department.
I'll be going to UGA! Was rejected from Auburn and NCSU (duh). =)
This is what I'm starting to suspect too. I haven't heard of any rejections either, only acceptances. And there's no logical reason that some of the letters sent out on Friday wouldn't have made it to addresses in Athens and Metro Atlanta by today. So they definitely weren't all sent out Friday. I guess there is still hope that they just didn't have time to put them all together and send them out on Friday? The whole UGA admissions process just points to an extremely unorganized admissions department.
🙁
This is what I'm starting to suspect too. I haven't heard of any rejections either, only acceptances. And there's no logical reason that some of the letters sent out on Friday wouldn't have made it to addresses in Athens and Metro Atlanta by today. So they definitely weren't all sent out Friday. I guess there is still hope that they just didn't have time to put them all together and send them out on Friday? The whole UGA admissions process just points to an extremely unorganized admissions department.
I'm really hoping that's not the case. I live right next to campus and still haven't received a letter. I just wish they would email the outcome to people. Has anyone heard of someone not getting in, or being wait-listed?
This is what I'm starting to suspect too. I haven't heard of any rejections either, only acceptances. And there's no logical reason that some of the letters sent out on Friday wouldn't have made it to addresses in Athens and Metro Atlanta by today. So they definitely weren't all sent out Friday. I guess there is still hope that they just didn't have time to put them all together and send them out on Friday? The whole UGA admissions process just points to an extremely unorganized admissions department.
I really hope you're wrong 🙁 🙁 🙁
I hope we are wrong too but I've heard of 13 acceptances and 0 rejections. Suspicious!
I hope we are wrong too but I've heard of 13 acceptances and 0 rejections. Suspicious!
Ya know, last year I got my rejection on the same day as others got their acceptances. I bet SDNers have just been lucky so far this cycle.
If you were accepted, did they call your eLors? I've heard that they call some, but not others. I heard that it didn't matter if they called your eLors or not. It isn't always the case that they will call.
I found out on Thursday that they called all 3 of mine. And I ended up getting accepted.
This is what I'm starting to suspect too. I haven't heard of any rejections either, only acceptances. And there's no logical reason that some of the letters sent out on Friday wouldn't have made it to addresses in Athens and Metro Atlanta by today. So they definitely weren't all sent out Friday. I guess there is still hope that they just didn't have time to put them all together and send them out on Friday? The whole UGA admissions process just points to an extremely unorganized admissions department.
The thing about that last sentence is that no vet school in America has trouble filling their seats for the incoming class each year, so basically the admissions departments can handle admissions however they want, regardless of how organized they seem. Anyway, it seems that acceptances this year are going out on the earlier end of the range compared to the last few years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya know, last year I got my rejection on the same day as others got their acceptances. I bet SDNers have just been lucky so far this cycle.
Or they're just not fessing up
Got nothing here yet either, but I was figuring it would take a couple days to get to Texas.
Anyway, it seems that acceptances this year are going out on the earlier end of the range compared to the last few years
One of the 4th years told me it's because a lot of others are sending theirs out sooner and they don't want to miss out on good applicants.
Super excited for the Facebook group and to meet everybody!! I got my official letter in the mail earlier today (and I live in Maryland...), but I was top 10% of the applicants so they told me late January. I can't wait to find out who else has gotten in!!Looking forward to this c/o 2017 facebook group!! CONGRATS!
Current students, care to shed some light on how much it costs for living expenses and everything else? Total cost of attendance would be nice to know.
Got accepted today - live in Myrtle Beach, SC if you are trying to figure out how fast the mail is moving geographically- comes in a pretty large envelope so easy to see in mailbox - good luck to everyone; hope you get yours soon 🙂
I'm not sure what to think:
All of my references were contacted - albeit, at the last minute.
I live in SC - and no news yet.
I called last week and the gentleman I spoke with made it apparent that all notifications were being sent on Friday.
Maybe the mail system? Maybe alphabetical order? Maybe sent accept/rejections separately? Maybe a giant mail eating monster that is devouring all of our acceptance letters!!?? 😱
Maybe I just didn't get accepted. 🙄
Here's to hoping for news tomorrow!
All of my references were contacted - albeit, at the last minute.
I live in SC - and no news yet.
I called last week and the gentleman I spoke with made it apparent that all notifications were being sent on Friday.
Maybe the mail system? Maybe alphabetical order? Maybe sent accept/rejections separately? Maybe a giant mail eating monster that is devouring all of our acceptance letters!!?? 😱
Maybe I just didn't get accepted. 🙄
Here's to hoping for news tomorrow!
I'm not sure what to think:
Maybe a giant mail eating monster that is devouring all of our acceptance letters!!?? 😱
i am going with the monster theory!! haha ...maybe they only sent out their definite acceptances and will send more when they see how many people accept their seat or not? .... so maybe we are all still wait listed!! haha I'm trying to be optimistic ;-)
Rejected, 3rd year in a row. I worked very hard and changed my application a LOT between cycles. Not sure what GA wants. SO, screw you, Dawgs, and WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Rejected, 3rd year in a row. I worked very hard and changed my application a LOT between cycles. Not sure what GA wants. SO, screw you, Dawgs, and WAR DAMN EAGLE!
I'm sorry Ouijetaime! BUT - you're still going to be a VET! Keep your chin up!
I just called and withdrew my applications from Auburn and Mississippi States's wait lists. UGA here I come!
Was ur rejection by email or snail mail? I have a P.O box so I have to physically drive to get my mail...
Everything is snail mail
sorry to double post but i was reading the 2016 hopeful thread and i read that they don't let alternates know their number until after acceptance deadline (which this year would be april 15)...
i mean it makes sense, but i find it aggravating that i'll be paying to hold my seat at another school and will still be waiting for the possibility of getting into UGA. I'm already spending so much. Unless fees to hold seats are due later than April 15. I'm just having several thoughts run through my minddd
i mean it makes sense, but i find it aggravating that i'll be paying to hold my seat at another school and will still be waiting for the possibility of getting into UGA. I'm already spending so much. Unless fees to hold seats are due later than April 15. I'm just having several thoughts run through my minddd
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Still no news in St Paul, MN...
Super excited for the Facebook group and to meet everybody!! I got my official letter in the mail earlier today (and I live in Maryland...), but I was top 10% of the applicants so they told me late January. I can't wait to find out who else has gotten in!!
Does anyone know who gets put in charge of making the Facebook group? Or how it even happens? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else who we'll be going to school with!
Does anyone know who gets put in charge of making the Facebook group? Or how it even happens? I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else who we'll be going to school with!
Well I think it differs by school. Like my friend that got into OSU said a student created theirs (I'm pretty sure), but for VT/MD the admissions office is setting it up and you have to request to be in it and they accept you based on their records and whatnot. So I'm not sure what UGA does :/