***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you receive a call to see if you had any questions?

• Total voters
Apparently they're supposed to have finished calling references by next Tuesday the 26th.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopeful thinking that there would be no more denials

Reactions: 1 users
That would make my life

I know! I like the sound of not having received a rejection letter & knowing I'm in the clear for either acceptance or wait-listing. But...that would be in a perfect world. D:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like they have already sent out absolute rejections. But this next set probably means the people that are in the yellow and green. I think everyone else (accepted, wait listed, and denied) will be sent out on the 5th. Both previous years they sent decisions through email, have been sent on Fridays

This is reassuring to know that I am not in the "absolutely not" category.

I know! I like the sound of not having received a rejection letter & knowing I'm in the clear for either acceptance or wait-listing. But...that would be in a perfect world. D:

I'm curious to know how many people have applied, how many "absolute rejection letters" were sent, and how many seats they actually have available.

Sounds like they have already sent out absolute rejections. But this next set probably means the people that are in the yellow and green. I think everyone else (accepted, wait listed, and denied) will be sent out on the 5th. Both previous years they sent decisions through email, have been sent on Fridays

So wait...if they sent out absolute rejection letters, then how would people get denied letters on the 5th? UGA works on a "yes/no" system.

So wait...if they sent out absolute rejection letters, then how would people get denied letters on the 5th? UGA works on a "yes/no" system.
Absolute denial= the red pile mentioned before. Everyone else is in the green (definite acceptance) and yellow (could be accepted could be denied) piles

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah absolute denial = you didn't have all the pre-reqs, your GPA/GRE was below the minimum required, you didn't turn in a supplemental application, etc. So people are still going to be denied, just not because you didn't follow directions.

maybe they accept people from green pile and reject more people this week, and then they sent acceptances from yellow next week? it should be anytime now i feel....since transcripts deadlines were this week

Parker mentioned last Wednesday that they were finalizing their decisions and hoped to be done in 2 weeks. So I'd say you're probably looking at the first of February for your emails, but you never know! The wait is almost over! :) Good luck, everyone!

I had a wonderful yet terrible dream last night that I got accepted, then woke to find it was only a dream

And one of my references just got called like 5 minutes ago ! Aaahhh so. Nervous.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any OOS applicants had a referenced called yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed my references to see if they've been called. I can't stand not knowing anymore.

Another reference called today. In state. Feeling hopeful.

At least two of my references were called today. Thought this would make me feel better, but now in freaking out more than ever. In state

They are still calling people! The reference I work for said they were calling her yesterday or today to speak about another applicant (and as of 6:30 pm last night they hadn't called yesterday, so I'm guessing they will today).

Didn't someone post that UGA is going to be done calling references some day this week? But no OOS applicants have had references called yet...

So if they have not called your references what does it mean?

Based on last years thread, everyone who got accepted had reference calls :/
One of my friends from last year had no references called and she was accepted with a contract seat, but that could have been sure luck!

I feel like they were doing IS first and might be done with those this week, but it would be strange for not even one non contract OOS applicant from this forum to be called.

maybe they accept people from green pile and reject more people this week, and then they sent acceptances from yellow next week? it should be anytime now i feel....since transcripts deadlines were this week

I was under the impression that the yellow category was like a "waitlisted" type of list? Or is it just the "not so easy rejection" pile, because the person had everything required to apply, but their application just wasn't strong enough?

I feel like they were doing IS first and might be done with those this week, but it would be strange for not even one non contract OOS applicant from this forum to be called.
Yea I had the same thought. I'm curious...exactly how many OOS applicants do we have on this thread?

I'm IS none of my references have contacted me yet but they were all called last time I applied.

OOS here. No calls either.

My understanding.......If you're a 'sure thing' you might be IN with NO calls. I've heard of no oos calls....yet. Many applicants received the LOR calls last year and did not get in. Calls may only indicate, they're still thinking about you. My reference is a Georgia grad Doc.

I'm OOS! and I agree with @Lovemyvet that I don't think the number of references called is all that indicative because I think some people get in with none called and others with all of them called.

I'm OOS, non-contract. No references called yet.

My understanding.......If you're a 'sure thing' you might be IN with NO calls. I've heard of no oos calls....yet. Many applicants received the LOR calls last year and did not get in. Calls may only indicate, they're still thinking about you. My reference is a Georgia grad Doc.

I could definitely see this making sense. The people in the green pile are definite "yes," and they would therefore have no need to call them.

I'd say not until February if they are just calling references this week.

Yeah, most likely it'll be next Friday (Feb. 5th). I doubt any later than that.
For some reason, I feel like it'll be a Friday that they tell us--so we can have the weekend to either celebrate or fall to pieces. :(

Reactions: 3 users
My reference I work for said she finally talked to the admissions people today about the other applicant (so they're still calling people) and he told her it would be quite soon, but wouldn't give her an exact date. So Feb 5th seems reasonable!

According to one of my references who was called, they're having a difficult time this year because there were a lot of well qualified applicants.

Kinda want to know their decision so my stress levels will decrease a little. But kinda don't wanna know to avoid any bad news.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm hopeful BC my references were called but at the same time, they were called last year and I still got denied

As far as I know mine haven't been called, maybe I'll just tell myself that I look so good on paper they don't need any more convincing. That has to be it, right?

So, how many people that got calls from Esther got their references called?

I got a call from Esther a while ago and have heard from one reference who was called.

Anyone know how we find out the decisions? Is it an attachment to an email for both acceptances and denials? Does the subject line give it away? Haha just trying to prepare myself

I got a call from Esther a while ago and have heard from one reference who was called.

Anyone know how we find out the decisions? Is it an attachment to an email for both acceptances and denials? Does the subject line give it away? Haha just trying to prepare myself

I got waitlisted last year. The email came on Jan 30 around 4:30 pm. The subject line just says something like "UGA vet school admissions decision." Then when you click the email, it'll say the decision is stated on the attached letter, which is a separate document you have to open.

I can't remember seeing this already discussed, but do they call *you* as well if you've been accepted? Or just send everyone e-mails?