***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Did you receive a call to see if you had any questions?


  • Total voters
    40
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New to SDN. In state. First time applicant. One of my references (a UGA grad) was called on Monday. I never got the call from Esther that everybody keeps talking about and not sure what that means...🙁
 
New to SDN. In state. First time applicant. One of my references (a UGA grad) was called on Monday. I never got the call from Esther that everybody keeps talking about and not sure what that means...🙁
Welcome! No one knows what it means, it's all very confusing. Best of luck to you [emoji5]

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
 
I'm OOS, non-contract. I don't think any of my references have been called, but not sure they would've told me if they had
 
Is anybody waiting to hear from other schools too?

The only other school I'm still waiting to hear back from is Ross (I applied to a total of 5 schools). I just got an email from Ross about an interview. But because they are super expensive, it is definitely not my top choice. If I get into UGA, I would choose UGA over Ross any day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations!! I wonder if they'll let IS and everyone else know today.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know there will be a handful who are OOS and get accepted at their IS or first choice. I've aways been told seats open up. Last year, you could call and find out what # you are on waitlist. Please don't give up hope!
 
Does anybody know when UGA starts calling people off the alternate list? I think I'm going to call Monday to find out if they will tell me what spot I am at on the list, but I wasn't sure if they start making calls immediately after people begin declining offers or if they wait a little while.
 
From my experience being wait listed last year, they accept exactly as many spots as there are. You aren't supposed to ask what spot you are until that April 15th decision day. IS and OOS have their own separate lists and would only take a spot that is appropriate (IS only getting an IS spot if it opened, etc.). I would imagine they tell you ASAP if you were called off the list, not wait until April (in case you also decline).
 
From my experience being wait listed last year, they accept exactly as many spots as there are. You aren't supposed to ask what spot you are until that April 15th decision day. IS and OOS have their own separate lists and would only take a spot that is appropriate (IS only getting an IS spot if it opened, etc.). I would imagine they tell you ASAP if you were called off the list, not wait until April (in case you also decline).
Do you know of many that get called off the wait list?
 
IS moved 2 spots last year, which makes sense. A lot of people who get into their IS wouldn't go OOS if given the choice between the two. I'm sure the OOS list moves much quicker.
 
IS moved 2 spots last year, which makes sense. A lot of people who get into their IS wouldn't go OOS if given the choice between the two. I'm sure the OOS list moves much quicker.
I'm on the SC pool alternate list, does it move?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know when UGA starts calling people off the alternate list? I think I'm going to call Monday to find out if they will tell me what spot I am at on the list, but I wasn't sure if they start making calls immediately after people begin declining offers or if they wait a little while.

Would you be a doll & share the response you get if you do call to see if you could find out what number you are on the wait-list? I'm dying to know where I stand too.
 
I know people were wondering this last year so I'll post my stats.

3.73 overall GPA
304 GRE 3.5 writing
3,250 hours at small animal hospitals with 100 hours of internship experience in small animalsurgery
65 hours at a large animal hospital shadowing a vet.
30 hours volunteering at a pet adoption at petsmart evey Sunday (Parker told me to get anything kind of volunteer experience, didn't matter where)
5 DVM letters of recommendation and 1 professor from undergrad.
Instate 2nd year applying, only applied to UGA
Hope this helps.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk