***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Did you receive a call to see if you had any questions?

• Total voters
I can't remember seeing this already discussed, but do they call *you* as well if you've been accepted? Or just send everyone e-mails?
Last year they called top 10%

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My reference I work for said she finally talked to the admissions people today about the other applicant (so they're still calling people) and he told her it would be quite soon, but wouldn't give her an exact date. So Feb 5th seems reasonable!
"quite soon" reading this was so exciting, we're almost there!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
New to SDN. In state. First time applicant. One of my references (a UGA grad) was called on Monday. I never got the call from Esther that everybody keeps talking about and not sure what that means...:(

New to SDN. In state. First time applicant. One of my references (a UGA grad) was called on Monday. I never got the call from Esther that everybody keeps talking about and not sure what that means...:(
Welcome! No one knows what it means, it's all very confusing. Best of luck to you

if there are any scrubs fans out there... preparing for these final decisions like

So, today is FRIDAY. Emails have always come on fridays. My gut and info I learned still says it will be next Friday. But... It's only ONE WEEK AWAY!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm OOS, non-contract. I don't think any of my references have been called, but not sure they would've told me if they had

Is anybody waiting to hear from other schools too?

The only other school I'm still waiting to hear back from is Ross (I applied to a total of 5 schools). I just got an email from Ross about an interview. But because they are super expensive, it is definitely not my top choice. If I get into UGA, I would choose UGA over Ross any day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only applied to UGA :nailbiting:

I just got an email with my acceptance letter! I'm OOS, and will be attending my IS, so hopefully the slot goes to someone here.

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!! I wonder if they'll let IS and everyone else know today.

Accepted!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Oh gosh...I'm going to end up checking my email every 5 minutes now...:nailbiting:

ALTERNATE as well! Way better than straight out denial

Still no email here...it's making me nervous...

Do they accept more ppl than they have seats for? Or only accept exactly 115?

I'm in disbelief I can't believe this happened! Best day of my life!!

Reactions: 5 users
You know there will be a handful who are OOS and get accepted at their IS or first choice. I've aways been told seats open up. Last year, you could call and find out what # you are on waitlist. Please don't give up hope!

do we think rejections will come today at least or monday?

OOS alternate as well. Congrats everyone!

Good luck to everyone who was wait listed and to those who made it this year, be the best doctors you can be! Make it count!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know when UGA starts calling people off the alternate list? I think I'm going to call Monday to find out if they will tell me what spot I am at on the list, but I wasn't sure if they start making calls immediately after people begin declining offers or if they wait a little while.

From my experience being wait listed last year, they accept exactly as many spots as there are. You aren't supposed to ask what spot you are until that April 15th decision day. IS and OOS have their own separate lists and would only take a spot that is appropriate (IS only getting an IS spot if it opened, etc.). I would imagine they tell you ASAP if you were called off the list, not wait until April (in case you also decline).

From my experience being wait listed last year, they accept exactly as many spots as there are. You aren't supposed to ask what spot you are until that April 15th decision day. IS and OOS have their own separate lists and would only take a spot that is appropriate (IS only getting an IS spot if it opened, etc.). I would imagine they tell you ASAP if you were called off the list, not wait until April (in case you also decline).
Do you know of many that get called off the wait list?

IS moved 2 spots last year, which makes sense. A lot of people who get into their IS wouldn't go OOS if given the choice between the two. I'm sure the OOS list moves much quicker.

IS moved 2 spots last year, which makes sense. A lot of people who get into their IS wouldn't go OOS if given the choice between the two. I'm sure the OOS list moves much quicker.
I'm on the SC pool alternate list, does it move?

Last edited:
Anyone know how many ppl are in the OOS waitlist?

ACCEPTED!!!! IS. I got the email while at work at a vet clinic and we all cheered and hugs ensued :cat: Literally the BEST day of my life!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know when UGA starts calling people off the alternate list? I think I'm going to call Monday to find out if they will tell me what spot I am at on the list, but I wasn't sure if they start making calls immediately after people begin declining offers or if they wait a little while.

Would you be a doll & share the response you get if you do call to see if you could find out what number you are on the wait-list? I'm dying to know where I stand too.

I know people were wondering this last year so I'll post my stats.

3.73 overall GPA
304 GRE 3.5 writing
3,250 hours at small animal hospitals with 100 hours of internship experience in small animalsurgery
65 hours at a large animal hospital shadowing a vet.
30 hours volunteering at a pet adoption at petsmart evey Sunday (Parker told me to get anything kind of volunteer experience, didn't matter where)
5 DVM letters of recommendation and 1 professor from undergrad.
Instate 2nd year applying, only applied to UGA
Hope this helps.