UGA c/o 2021 Hopefuls

Started by lhmhtd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are wait-listed do they tell you where you stand on the list? Also, historically how many get pulled from the wait-list (I cannot imagine it is many)?

I was waitlisted last cycle and you can call and find out what number you are after a certain date (like April 15 which is the commit date).

I ended up #3 but started out #4, so it only moved one spot, BUT there is an IS pool and an OOS pool. IS only moves if an IS seat opens up and vice versa


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
3 times the cost of uga


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

As a Texan, this was my immediate response
ImageUploadedBySDN1486585227.709770.jpg
 
I was waitlisted last cycle and you can call and find out what number you are after a certain date (like April 15 which is the commit date).

I ended up #3 but started out #4, so it only moved one spot, BUT there is an IS pool and an OOS pool. IS only moves if an IS seat opens up and vice versa


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last cycle were you IS or OOS?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On last year's thread, it looked like all the emails may not go out at the same time - so no one freak out if someone else posts earlier! *She says mostly trying to convince herself not to freak out*

Results start about halfway down the page linked below, if you want to look at times make sure your SDN is set to your timezone or EST otherwise the times will be wonky (the default had it looking like UGA notified at 2 am). Since people may not come right to SDN after hearing, @KatAttack34 is definitely the best first-hand source, but I thought it was still interesting to watch it all unfold for another group 🙂.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uga-c-o-2020-official-thread.1154451/page-5
 
Yeah last year they sent out acceptances and alternates first then rejections 🙁 and it will he later cuz they wanna be outta there before angry, distraught phone calls start coming in


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm honestly being cautious about emails sending out tomorrow tbh, because they said the 15th by the latest. If they had planned for the 10th, why would the date they provided be 5 days out from the actual release date?
 
On last year's thread, it looked like all the emails may not go out at the same time - so no one freak out if someone else posts earlier! *She says mostly trying to convince herself not to freak out*

Results start about halfway down the page linked below, if you want to look at times make sure your SDN is set to your timezone or EST otherwise the times will be wonky (the default had it looking like UGA notified at 2 am). Since people may not come right to SDN after hearing, @KatAttack34 is definitely the best first-hand source, but I thought it was still interesting to watch it all unfold for another group 🙂.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/uga-c-o-2020-official-thread.1154451/page-5
I can't see times on the link... what times did the posts start coming in at?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all! I'm a current first year! Although I have no further information than y'all I am hoping your wait will finally end tomorrow since historically they release decisions on a Friday so they don't have to deal with any immediate recoil/emails/phone calls. I received my email at 4:02 pm and was waitlisted OOS (and then later accepted!). Good luck to everyone I know this is a long and daunting process!
 
For those that have applied before and not gotten in, what have you done in the meantime? Grad school? Worked?
I applied last year as an early decision. I am currently finishing my last semester of undergrad! Crossing fingers! GOODLUCK🙂
 
I didn't appy here but there's a strong possibility I'll be going to grad school at Georgia. When acceptances roll out and y'all start looking for roomies let me know! I might not be a vet student there but I am at heart

I just finished my Master's in Animal Sci at UGA so if you have any questions or anything feel free to hit me up! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone wants to keep their mind busy for the next few hours, The People vs OJ Simpson is now on Netflix and I'm HOOKED.