UGA CVM c/o 2016 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not vet student yet, sadly a low pre-vet. Hahaha but if you don't mind that, then yes. Feel free to pm me once you know what your plans are.

Hey now, there's nothing lowly about being pre-vet. It's a hard life! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I know. hahaha I was just kidding. ;)

Hey the girl just identified herself and stated she was calling from the UGA Admissions Committee and then asked to speak with my reference. That is pretty much all I know though - eek!!

*gasp* Well hopefully all this early calling means we'll be hearing back soon!!!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody I know of has been called yet. I hope they would let me know if they were!

Don't worry Ouijetaime, I haven't had any references contacted yet (that I know of). There's still plenty of time. :) Have you applied anywhere else? I applied to three other schools and so far I have one interview invite. I'm right there with you though on waiting for that "yes"...it's even more difficult when in the past you've only gotten "no". Things happen for a reason, and if this is what you truly want you will get it someday! In the meantime, try to enjoy the nice weather, a good book, or pick up a hobby...I know it's easy to say but I'm sure it will take your mind off things and make the time seem more bearable.

I applied to 5 other schools and have so far been rejected by 3 of them. Waiting to hear from the other two (besides GA) about whether or not I get an interview.

One of my elors was contacted yesterday! Only a moth and half left to wait.. hopefully!

Do you think there's any chance they're going through the applicants in alphabetical order to contact their eLORs?

I have no idea... Everything seems like a mystery. I did hear from one of my references today that he completed his telephonic interview with them yesterday. The first initial of my last name falls somewhere in the middle of the alphabet, so I would try not to read into the order of things too much. Plus, they could have just divided all the applicants up so multiple people could be tasked with conducting the interviews, in which case, nothing would be alphabetical. Just hope yours do get called ;) I'm cheering for you!!!!!!!

I have no idea... Everything seems like a mystery. I did hear from one of my references today that he completed his telephonic interview with them yesterday. The first initial of my last name falls somewhere in the middle of the alphabet, so I would try not to read into the order of things too much. Plus, they could have just divided all the applicants up so multiple people could be tasked with conducting the interviews, in which case, nothing would be alphabetical. Just hope yours do get called ;) I'm cheering for you!!!!!!!

Thanks! I need all the help and good wishes I can get. I'm so worried :scared: .

I thought they called everyone's references at this point??? :confused:

Well, I was one of the first people to get a call and my name falls at the very beginning of the alphabet... However, if niblet has a name in the middle of the alphabet then quite a few references would have had to be contacted during the two day frame between when each of us was contacted. If they are doing this in alphabetical order, I agree with Niblet that stack has been divided up somehow. I doubt that UGA has contacted many references to this point. If they had, the we'd probably have more people posting on this forum. At least in previous years, sdn has filled up with posts when tons of references started getting calls.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I need all the help and good wishes I can get. I'm so worried :scared: .

I thought they called everyone's references at this point??? :confused:
I don't know how they are dividing the list but at this point very few people are getting called.. I've looked up the forums from previous years and normally they haven't even started calling references before February. In fact, in most years the bulk of applicants didn't have a ref contacted until late February... And excluding the early acceptance people, there was absolutely no pattern between if someone was accepted and how early a reference was contacted.. Some people with references contacted early in the game were denied acceptance and some people with references contacted late were accepted. I think at this point UGA is simply trying to get the interviews done.

Last edited:
And excluding the early acceptance people, there was absolutely no pattern between if someone was accepted and how early a reference was contacted.

What pattern was that? Can't help but wonder.

And my last name is closer to the end of the alphabet, so I'm sure its split up or something.

What pattern was that? Can't help but wonder.

Last year they did early acceptances mid-February so I assume those people had their references called earlier than those not accepted for early admin...maybe? Meh, on the bright side, early admin calls last year were done around Feb. 16th...that's in 2 weeks...maybe we'll have some early adminers ;) on here!

Last edited:
Has anyone already asked if the status check system will have any more categories added to it? i.e. "reference contacted" or "admissions status"?

Krrobin: Yeah, what I meant was exactly what Kittkat said: Early acceptances are usually contacted first and accepted by early-mid February (Valentine's Day-ish). As far as the number of people who had references called really early that were offered early admissions-- There haven't been enough early admits on these boards
to really see a pattern. I've only read of about two or three early admits, and they were always the first people contacted and refs were always contacted by early-mid February. In fact, they have been the only people called before a certain date, but like I said there have only been three-ish people on here like that and UGA changes how they do things every now and then so who knows? (c/o 2013 didn't even have early admits, I think).

Has anyone already asked if the status check system will have any more categories added to it? i.e. "reference contacted" or "admissions status"?
Don't we all wish they would? Why stalk the mailman when we could all just obsessively refresh the status check instead? (Just kidding). Anyways, I agree that I'd like that option so we could all know sooner, but I doubt they'll add it. A letter probably seems more diplomatic than finding out via a simple one word "accepted" or "denied" on the Internet.. The "refs contacted" thing would also be nice, but I doubt they'll add this.

Last edited:
Don't we all wish they would? Why stalk the mailman when we could all just obsessively refresh the status check instead? (Just kidding). Anyways, I agree that I'd like that option so we could all know sooner, but I doubt they'll add it. A letter probably seems more diplomatic than finding out via a simple one word "accepted" or "denied" on the Internet.. The "refs contacted" thing would also be nice, but I doubt they'll add this.

Yeah..I'm so worried about this whole process. It's a good thing I don't live within easy driving distance of Athens. I'd be up there too often.

I had a reference contacted today! I doubt I'm early admin though :oops: The clinic I work for has had a couple of calls checking on references...I've even answered the phone once :eek: Anyone else heard anything? Sounds like they're getting the ball rolling this year :thumbup:

Yayyy!! Well maybe well all be hearing back sooner this year if they are doing so many this early! Theyve started like what? A month early? So what does that mean for mailman stalking season, I wonder? :cool:. It's pretty awesome that so many refs are getting contacted this early.

Last edited:
I had a reference called today!!! I was they only person at the clinic so it was inevitable that I would pick up the phone.

That's great! I hope y'all hear about decisions soon. I'm super excited for it and I didn't even apply yet!

Hey Kittkat,
I was wondering if you know who usually made the early admin calls in previous years? I missed a call this afternoon (GASP!!!) from Dr. Carmichael, the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs! Won't be able to sleep tonight!!!

Hey Kittkat,
I was wondering if you know who usually made the early admin calls in previous years? I missed a call this afternoon (GASP!!!) from Dr. Carmichael, the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs! Won't be able to sleep tonight!!!
Congrats Niblet16! Dr. Carmichael made the call to the top 10% early admits today.

Last edited:
Seriously?! I am SO STOKED!!!!!!! Thanks so much, Greenland!!

You're very welcome, Niblet16--now you can get some sleep :)

Hey Kittkat,

I believe in previous years it was Dr. Carmichael :)

Congrats Niblet16! Dr. Carmichael made the call to the top 10% early admits today.

Thanks Greenland for the info! However, I'm not sure how well Niblet16 slept even with that news!!

Wow, this seems kinda early...not that I'm complaining ;) I wonder if we'll be getting letters earlier too......I hope I can refrain from stalking the mailman :oops: I was going to just wait till the week before spring break but now i just don't know :scared:

Oh, and btw, CONGRATULATIONS Niblet16!!!!!! :biglove: :highfive:

Seriously?! I am SO STOKED!!!!!!! Thanks so much, Greenland!!

Woohoo!!! Congrats Niblet!!! You're the first admit on the board! You must be feeling pretty darned good. :cool:.

And kittkat, I agree. Uga is seriously on the ball... Maybe we'll all hear back sooner!

Last edited:
I got a call today too! I missed it unfortunately, but it was from Dr. Carmichael wishing to talk to me about my application.

:eek: Gah krrobin!!!! Now you have to wait until Monday!!! Let us know how it goes :) I'm curious b/c I heard someone say they were going to do early admin calls last week but postponed it...anyone have any insight? greenland or Niblet16?

Last edited:
I'm so nervous! Although I can't think of any other reason Dr. Carmichael would be calling me on the same day as early admins.

Has anyone heard from Niblet? I want to know what happened when (she? he?) called back!

Hey Everyone! Keep your chins up!! I did finally speak with Dr. Carmichael today and I have been officially accepted!!! More acceptances are on the way :) I hope I get to meet all of you soon!!

Hey Niblet16! Thanks for updating. Congratulations, again!! How exciting :) When it's convenient, would you mind sharing your stats w/ us and future applicants? However, I know typically everyone waits until they've heard from all the schools they applied to till they disclose that information...did you apply anywhere else?

ouijetaime, how's it going? I have an interview coming up from another school I applied to...I'm so nervous!!! Btw, I have a good book recommendation...The Hunger Games...(if you haven't already read it) I'm obsessed...one chapter left in the first of three books!!

Good luck everyone! :luck: I hope I get to meet everyone soon too :D

Way off topic...but does anyone know why it won't show my signature all the time? The box is checked to show it...just curious :/

Way off topic...but does anyone know why it won't show my signature all the time? The box is checked to show it...just curious :/

Signatures only show up once per page, so since you've already posted on this page, your signature was on an earlier post, but not your most recent ones.

I got a call today too! I missed it unfortunately, but it was from Dr. Carmichael wishing to talk to me about my application.

Congrats krrobin and niblet!! Hurray for the newly forming c/o 2016!!!

Last edited:
kittkat said:
Btw, I have a good book recommendation...The Hunger Games...(if you haven't already read it) I'm obsessed...one chapter left in the first of three books!!

I agree kittkat... The hunger games are fantastic!!!! You should totally read the ouijetaime... There's even a movie coming out next month!

Hey Everyone! Keep your chins up!! I did finally speak with Dr. Carmichael today and I have been officially accepted!!!

How did you talk to her on a Saturday?! (Okay, I see now that it was 1:30 am according to my time..but still)

Do any of you know whether or not UGA will be the one for sure?

Btw, I have a good book recommendation...The Hunger Games...(if you haven't already read it) I'm obsessed...one chapter left in the first of three books!!

Did you interview at Western on January 31st and ride to the airport in my hotel shuttle with me?! Whoever it was, recommended the same book to me... maybe just a coincidence and a popular, good book, but maybe not?! :D

Signatures only show up once per page, so since you've already posted on this page, your signature was on an earlier post, but not your most recent ones.

Thank you.

Did you interview at Western on January 31st and ride to the airport in my hotel shuttle with me?! Whoever it was, recommended the same book to me... maybe just a coincidence and a popular, good book, but maybe not?! :D

Lol, no Emiloo4 that wasn't me. It is pretty popular right now...that's why I started reading it; I heard so many good things and decided to see for myself. I would definitely recommend it!

Prospectivevet, try to stay positive :)

It's the only one I applied to, so yes it will be.

Awesome! We should meet up sometime then when you get here! By that time, I will know about the decision for the vet school guarantee program, so I would know too if UGA would be my future vet school.. hahaha although I won't go there for three more years..

Hey guys,
I've spoken to the admissions office and found out we will be hearing back "by March"... So here's to hoping for some good news! :).

Last edited:
ouijetaime, how's it going? I have an interview coming up from another school I applied to...I'm so nervous!!! Btw, I have a good book recommendation...The Hunger Games...(if you haven't already read it) I'm obsessed...one chapter left in the first of three books!!

Hey, I found out that one of my vet references was contacted early last week, so yay! Unfortunately my stats aren't good enough to be top 10%...if only I could go back in time and make more A's!

As for The Hunger Games, I read that one when it first came out and have since read the trilogy twice. I am so excited to see the movie!!!

Hey guys,
I called admissions and I was told that everybody would know of whether they were admitted to school "by March". So, here's to some good news for all of us soon I hope!

That is both exciting and terrifying...