-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA CVM c/o 2016 hopefuls
Started by krrobin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, I found out that one of my vet references was contacted early last week, so yay!
As for The Hunger Games, I read that one when it first came out and have since read the trilogy twice. I am so excited to see the movie!!!
Yay!
I just went out and bought the last two books 😀 soo ready to start the second book tonight!!!
Hey guys,
I've spoken to the admissions office and found out we will be hearing back "by March"... So here's to hoping for some good news! 🙂.
I'm kinda excited too but yes terrified at the same time

Still haven't gotten my call today. I'm debating calling admissions, but I think I should wait it out. :/
😱 krrobin?! CALL THEM!!! If they've called you already that's good news 🙂 and they're probably just waiting for your call back now.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😱 krrobin?! CALL THEM!!! If they've called you already that's good news 🙂 and they're probably just waiting for your call back now.
I was waiting because my voicemail specifically said she would call me on Monday, otherwise I would have tried first thing this morning. When I did call, I waited until after the time she originally called me Friday, but the office was closed by then. The number was not an Athens area code, so I was hesitant. But tomorrow morning I'm going to call the listed number online, if there is no answer, I'll probably call Laura Leigh's number.
I was waiting because my voicemail specifically said she would call me on Monday, otherwise I would have tried first thing this morning. When I did call, I waited until after the time she originally called me Friday, but the office was closed by then. The number was not an Athens area code, so I was hesitant. But tomorrow morning I'm going to call the listed number online, if there is no answer, I'll probably call Laura Leigh's number.
Don't worry krrobin.. I'm sure that she called you to tell you that you're in 🙂. Why in the world else would the *dean of admissions* call you? That's quite an honor. I admire your patience.
Don't worry krrobin.. I'm sure that she called you to tell you that you're in 🙂. Why in the world else would the *dean of admissions* call you? That's quite an honor. I admire your patience.
Well, said Prospectivevet! And krrobin, I'm sure Dr. Carmichael just had a busy Monday...after all, she is the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs 🙂 I probably would have done the same thing you did.
It's officially an acceptance! Also, she said they were getting letters together and hopefully out by the end of the week.
Congratulations on your acceptance!!!!!!!
As for letters coming out so soon.....Oh, God help me.
😱



CONGRATS TO KRROBIN!!!
As for letters coming out soon... How exciting!!!
As for letters coming out soon... How exciting!!!
As for letters coming out so soon.....Oh, God help me.😱
![]()

CONGRATULATIONS krrobin!!!!!

Hi everyone! I think I am the last one to join you all, so good luck!!!
Did they call all the people from the top 10%, and now we all are waiting for the letters?
Welcome tartka! Good luck to you also!
They did call the top 10... And according to krrobin who spoke with the dean, our letters will likely be sent *by the end of this week*. So, no pressure everyone. 😎.
Welcome tartka! Good luck to you also!
They did call the top 10... And according to krrobin who spoke with the dean, our letters will likely be sent *by the end of this week*. So, no pressure everyone. 😎.
Wait a second...just for clarification, do we know if the letters sent by the end of the week are just to the top 10% or to everyone???
Wait a second...just for clarification, do we know if the letters sent by the end of the week are just to the top 10% or to everyone???
Seemed like it meant all of them to me.
In previous years Uga has sent everything out at the same time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been a lurker for awhile, just created an account today to ask this. UGA is my IS, and the last two cycles they've called for references. This year they haven't yet but I'm now more qualified than ever. I retook a class, raised all GPA's, volunteered at the humane society and joined a community group. I haven't changed my LOR's from last year- does this mean they won't call? Is krrobin SURE about letters this week, since last year it wasn't until March? I'm sick with worry over here...😕
I've been a lurker for awhile, just created an account today to ask this. UGA is my IS, and the last two cycles they've called for references. This year they haven't yet but I'm now more qualified than ever. I retook a class, raised all GPA's, volunteered at the humane society and joined a community group. I haven't changed my LOR's from last year- does this mean they won't call? Is krrobin SURE about letters this week, since last year it wasn't until March? I'm sick with worry over here...😕
You're sure they haven't called any of your LOR writers? Is it possible they called and you just weren't told?
Sorry I'm not more help 🙁
I hope we both get in this year, I'm so scared and re-applying sucks.
I work full time with one of my vet LOR writers, she'd tell me. I know they haven't called her. The others I'm not sure about.You're sure they haven't called any of your LOR writers? Is it possible they called and you just weren't told?
Sorry I'm not more help 🙁
I hope we both get in this year, I'm so scared and re-applying sucks.
I work full time with one of my vet LOR writers, she'd tell me. I know they haven't called her. The others I'm not sure about.
If they've contacted her in previous years and already know what she thinks then perhaps they contacted a different elor to get a different perspective. I know generally Uga only contacts one (and at the most two) of your elor writers.
Check your mail, children. I can has rejection 2 years in a row?
You already got a letter? I'm so scared...
Yeah, well, hope you have better luck than I did.
I have one more shot for this year...and their interview invites haven't gone out yet. If they reject me too I'll probably just collapse.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, well, hope you have better luck than I did.
I have one more shot for this year...and their interview invites haven't gone out yet. If they reject me too I'll probably just collapse.
ouijetaime.... 🙁 I'm so sorry... I wish you the best of luck regarding interview invites from the school you have left to hear from
I'm so scared...my mail hasn't been delivered yet... I have work in about an hour and I don't think I'll be able to function properly
moonskye, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection too 👎 Good luck with Auburn and Mississippi!

To everyone who has gotten acceptances today, congratulations!

Holy crap...MAIL MAN IS HERE...GOD help me...my heart is beating like crazy
ouijetaime.... 🙁 I'm so sorry... I wish you the best of luck regarding interview invites from the school you have left to hear fromI'm so scared...my mail hasn't been delivered yet... I have work in about an hour and I don't think I'll be able to function properly
![]()
moonskye, I'm sorry to hear about your rejection too 👎 Good luck with Auburn and Mississippi!
To everyone who has gotten acceptances today, congratulations!
Holy crap...MAIL MAN IS HERE...GOD help me...my heart is beating like crazy
Thanks, I'm working on a plan to strengthen my app for next year just in case, too. So sad about UGA though.
So, what did you get in the mail???
I'm an alternate/on the wait-list.
Hey, congrats! You still have a chance!
And I'm IN!!! I had literal years of joy when I saw that big envelope sitting in my mailbox!!!! 😎.
Ouijetaime: I'm really sorry you didn't get accepted. I almost feel like I know you now and I was really hoping we'd all get in. Im glad you aren't giving up hope if you don't get accepted this year.
Kittkat: I'm sorry you didn't get outright acceptance, but congrats on making waitlist. It at least means you have a chance. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get in!
Moonskye: I'm sorry you didn't get in. :-(. But good luck on the schools you got alternate for... I'll have my fingers crossed you get accepted to one soon!
Congrats aestrel!!! 😎
Ouijetaime: I'm really sorry you didn't get accepted. I almost feel like I know you now and I was really hoping we'd all get in. Im glad you aren't giving up hope if you don't get accepted this year.
Kittkat: I'm sorry you didn't get outright acceptance, but congrats on making waitlist. It at least means you have a chance. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get in!
Moonskye: I'm sorry you didn't get in. :-(. But good luck on the schools you got alternate for... I'll have my fingers crossed you get accepted to one soon!
Congrats aestrel!!! 😎
Last edited:
Got my acceptance letter today, yeah!!!!
Congrats Tartka!!!!!
I'm not completely dejected, but pretty close. I too was put on the alternate list. Guess they weren't looking for GPA's that rhyme with tree shine this year..
I was put on the IS alternate list too. Anyone have any idea how long the list is?
Anyone else an at large alternate? Congrats to all who were accepted! That's great! ... unfortunately, this is my second year on the wait list ... better than nothing I suppose
Anyone have any idea how long the list is?
I have no idea how long the list is, but I know it's ranked. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until April 17th to find out our rank.
I've been lurking.
I am IS and got rejected. The letter said I could come up and talk to admissions about why I was rejected.
Does that mean they will consider me for an alternate/wait list or would my letter have said that.
I'm so bummed.
No, your letter would have said waitlist/alternate, not rejected if you were on that list. The talking to admissions part is just a folder/file review so that you can know what you can hypothetically do in the future to increase your chances.
I'm all rejecty too, by the way. 🙁 Two down, two to go!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, your letter would have said waitlist/alternate, not rejected if you were on that list. The talking to admissions part is just a folder/file review so that you can know what you can hypothetically do in the future to increase your chances.
I sorta figured that. However a friend at UGA said that was how the school decided on the waitlist..by seeing who came to do the review. Sounded like a bunch of *&^ to me and I didnt want to get my hopes up.
Thanks.
UGA was my best chance. Already got one rejection. The other 2 were longshots to start with. Gonna have to be realistic and think about next year.
Wow, this just really sux. I was so sure I'd get into UGA. Got my Vet tech license just to be sure I'd get in.
Last edited:
Wow, did I kill this thread or what?
Lol, no 🙂 It's probably just quiet because decisions have been made and there's not much else to talk about... There may be a little more talk in a few months when wait-listers are given their ranks or when they start getting calls that they've been accepted off the wait-list. I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. I assume this is your first application since you weren't familiar with file review? I would definitely set up an appointment with the admissions counselor for the file review. It's a chance to review your application as a whole and assess its strengths and weaknesses. You also have the opportunity to ask the admissions counselor any questions you may have. I do not believe there's any link between the file review and the wait-list. Don't give up! It might also be helpful to search SDN for successful stats that people have posted to give you an idea of what vet schools are looking for. Good luck to you, and if you have any other questions just ask! SDN is a very useful/helpful resource 🙂
Lol, no 🙂 It's probably just quiet because decisions have been made and there's not much else to talk about... There may be a little more talk in a few months when wait-listers are given their ranks or when they start getting calls that they've been accepted off the wait-list. I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. I assume this is your first application since you weren't familiar with file review? I would definitely set up an appointment with the admissions counselor for the file review. It's a chance to review your application as a whole and assess its strengths and weaknesses. You also have the opportunity to ask the admissions counselor any questions you may have. I do not believe there's any link between the file review and the wait-list. Don't give up! It might also be helpful to search SDN for successful stats that people have posted to give you an idea of what vet schools are looking for. Good luck to you, and if you have any other questions just ask! SDN is a very useful/helpful resource 🙂
Thanks for the words of advice. I do plan on doing the review.
It is my first try. Do you think your chances go up in successive years or not? I hear that your chances are better the 2nd time you apply but have also hear that the further you are out of school, the less favorable it is. Everyone seems to Have a different opinion. I do plan on applying one more time next year.
I'll be working for a vet this year and hope that the extra experience looks good on the application.
Thanks again.
You're welcome East Wind. I'm not even going to pretend I know all the answers or secrets to applying to vet school!! However, from my personal experience (being a non-trad applicant) it does seem (especially for UGA anyway) that they accept more newly recent grads or even juniors than they do non-trads.......
Do the file review, see what the admissions counselor has to say, and then decide what to do. I would even recommend considering applying OOS; just make sure to do some research...OOS isn't cheap and not every school has the same requirements.
Do the file review, see what the admissions counselor has to say, and then decide what to do. I would even recommend considering applying OOS; just make sure to do some research...OOS isn't cheap and not every school has the same requirements.