UGA: University of Georgia CVM Class of 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent my transcript around late December, but haven't received a confirmation? I'm a bit worried haha
I would reach out just in case to make sure they got it since they’re still not due for a couple of days & you have time to resend if needed!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if UGA has contacted any of your references yet?

Has anyone else not received confirmation they received your fall transcript? I emailed and asked but no response yet

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else not received confirmation they received your fall transcript? I emailed and asked but no response yet
I sent mine by mail on 12/22 and got confirmation 1/12, so it took awhile (granted it was during the Holidays)!

Does anyone know if UGA has contacted any of your references yet?
I was just informed that UGA has sent emails out to some references for best times to contact them!!

Reactions: 2 users
What is their process for choosing what applicants to contact references on?
I’m not sure if there is one as long as you move to the next step of their admission process. It says on their website they ask the same standard questions to all the references they call.

One of my recommenders spoke with someone from UGA today!

Reactions: 1 users
Alright its February 2nd y'all. were getting closer!! Anyone else stressing over the waiting period?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright its February 2nd y'all. were getting closer!! Anyone else stressing over the waiting period?
To my knowledge they haven’t contacted any of my references and I know they have for some people. That’s my main stressor right now.

Nobody stress about references yet. They could contact them based on alphabetical order of applicants or some totally different system. I doubt they do it based on any type candidate priority.

One of my recommenders spoke to someone at UGA today saying they seemed very interested ahh!!! 😭 Fingers crossed for everyone. I’m ready for the wait to be over 🤞🏼

Just got notified about UGA contacting my references!!! Excited and nervous o_O

Does UGA call all applicants' references or just of applicants who made it past a certain "cut"/ranking?

Does UGA call all applicants' references or just of applicants who made it past a certain "cut"/ranking?
I’m not sure, but I’ve read some threads with people being accepted while having none of their references contacted.

From their website, it looks like those who make it past individual faculty review to admissions committee review have references called. But I don’t think they tell you if you made it past the first faculty review, so who knows!

I still haven’t had any of my references called to my knowledge. Three of mine are past professors or coordinators from past internships so I don’t maintain as much contact with them like I do with the doctors I work with. Hoping they call the two doctors that wrote me references so I know for sure!

does anybody have any updates around when we will hear back from admissions with our decisions? i know they said mid-late february but i'm just curious if anyone has talked to admissions since! i'm getting ancy lol!

I’m sorry if responding so much. I’m nervous like you guys😂 If I had to put my money on it, it’ll be a week from this Friday.
😭😭 idk if I can wait much longer. Every time my phone dings I have a mini heart attack

I’m sorry if responding so much. I’m nervous like you guys😂 If I had to put my money on it, it’ll be a week from this Friday. They do interviews for the DVM PhD program around 2/20-2/23 which they normally release decisions before then.
Yeah last year they found out Friday the 19th so my guess is Friday the 18th this year

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else hear anything about their references being called??

I know this was asked previously but does anyone know what day they will stop calling references? Or have any ideas?

Just found out UGA talked to one of my references today! Not sure when they first reached out to him.

Confirmed- I asked one of the professors at the school and they said around the 25th-28th of February. Some are just now starting to call so don't worry guys!
Also, they don't really have a final date of calling.....just until they fill up the class. That's what happened last year except idek if my references got called.
Btw, if you guys have any questions regarding this ongoing process, I'd be happy to ask some of the professors or faculty here at UGA.
So are we still expecting decisions by the 18th? Are they doing them in waves if they are calling references till the end of the month?

So my reference who just talked to someone about me at UGA said it wasn’t a professor, it was someone in the admissions department staff and they asked a list of standard questions. What does this mean? I thought professors were calling?

Y'all gotta take a deep breath and relax. You guys are looking too deep into this😂

Reactions: 7 users
No, it will be closer to the 25th now (that friday). Professors call people's references on their own time between now and the 25th. Just because you haven't heard back yet, doesn't mean they won't call your references. It prolly just means the person who is reviewing/reviewed your app is busy but will likely call soon. That's why some people have heard back and some haven't yet.
I was told by my references that the dean called

Last edited:
Does anyone know how often first-years are given scholarships? Trying to weigh my options financially

Also do we have to submit a scholarship application outside of Fasfa? I wonder if they give us a financial aid package with acceptance.

They don’t allow you to apply for scholarships until the spring or that’s what I’ve been told from like my brother and others (going into second year).
If we have to apply for scholarships, I’m assuming that it’s more difficult to receive them. How often do people get need-based aid?

March 2nd let’s go!!!!!

Really wishing I could get my hands on a time machine and fast forward to March 2nd.

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody think it will be this Friday? From what I gather, it's always been a Friday before

Last year they sent out the email about the date they’d notify by on the 8th and sent out decisions on the 19th. This year it was sent on the 14th, so I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable to think Friday the 25th MIGHT be the day :))

So… do you guys think they’ll send out decisions tomorrow? I honestly can’t wait any longer.

Reactions: 4 users
So… do you guys think they’ll send out decisions tomorrow? I honestly can’t wait any longer.
I am definitely hoping so. I’m ready for the wait to be over too.

I am definitely hoping so. I’m ready for the wait to be over too.
I 100% agree. This waiting process has taken a toll on my mental health and I’m just ready for it to be over. I hate not knowing my future.

I think an indication of whether we’ll know or not, is if they put up a “UGA CVM Class of 2026” FB group which I have yet to see appear.