UGA: University of Georgia CVM Class of 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nicole525nld

Reaction score
Creating this thread for the upcoming UGA CVM application cycle!
This will be my third time applying to the program! UGA is my dream school. Has anyone that has been rejected by UGA reached out to talk to Parker about what you need in order to strengthen your application? I have obviously done a lot on my own to strengthen my application but would still like advice from the admissions committee since I have been rejected twice. I sent an email as directed on the rejection letter over a week ago and have still not heard back!

Members don't see this ad.

8FB46F15-64D6-473F-A6BD-23B4256BC7C5.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Third time applicant to UGA...applying as an instate resident this year. Does anyone know if they’re doing application reviews this year ?

Hello! Third time applicant to UGA...applying as an instate resident this year. Does anyone know if they’re doing application reviews this year ?
My third time as well! I reached out to Parker to request an application review and he said they are not doing them because of covid. He sent me the attachment that I posted above. He said he can answer questions but that it may take him a while to respond due to the amount of emails he receives in a day.

Hi all! This is my second time applying to UGA. I have a quick question! I sent my GRE scores to the 5752 code back in July, but I haven't gotten a notification that they have been received. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I resend my scores?

Hi all! This is my second time applying to UGA. I have a quick question! I sent my GRE scores to the 5752 code back in July, but I haven't gotten a notification that they have been received. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I resend my scores?
This is definitely something that you want to contact the school about.

Same with me! I sent mine back in June to UGA and another school. The other school is showing as "received" on VMCAS, so I'm assuming it has something to do with UGA. Please let us know what VMCAS says though!

Hi everyone! 4th year UGA vet student here! Happy to answer any questions or help in any way I can. Good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone! 1st year here! Just wanted to drop in and say Congrats on making it this far!!!! You guys are gonna rock this application cycle! Let me know if any of you have any questions! I'd love to help in anyway I can. Stay Sane and good luck!

Same with me! I sent mine back in June to UGA and another school. The other school is showing as "received" on VMCAS, so I'm assuming it has something to do with UGA. Please let us know what VMCAS says though!
Is this your first time applying? VMCAS said UGA will receive it but it won't update the date received since you've sent them before. I sent mine to another school and I got a notification for that one because it was my first time applying there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Second time applicant OOS, I think my application has greatly improved since last year but after seeing last years stats here's to hoping o_O

Is this your first time applying? VMCAS said UGA will receive it but it won't update the date received since you've sent them before. I sent mine to another school and I got a notification for that one because it was my first time applying there.
No, Im a second-time applicant. I called VMCAS a while back and thats exactly what they said!

1st time applicant hoping for a contract seat from SC :) it is great to meet everyone!

Hi everyone!! 1st time IS applicant :) Good luck everyone!

Hi y'all! OOS applicant. Does anyone know if we send our fall transcript? I can't find that information on the admissions page. Thank you!

Hi y'all! OOS applicant. Does anyone know if we send our fall transcript? I can't find that information on the admissions page. Thank you!
They should be sending out an email soon in regard to fall transcripts. If you have an outstanding pre-req you were taking in the fall, they will want the transcript to verify completion!

2nd Time IS applicant. My brother is a first year at UGA. Parker told me my GRE wasn’t high enough last time I applied(reason why I didn’t get in 1st try). GPA was a 3.75. Still not high this time, but my GPA is higher and I’m taking classes at the vet hospital with professors who teach some of the classes so I think that should help.

I know in last year they didn't send out decisions until march but does anyone know if that is standard? Could we hear back sooner like in February?

Went to Parker's office yesterday and asked. Won't be sent until mid-February.

Reactions: 2 users
Recieved an email this morning saying my app was forwarded to the faculty reviewers and it had information about fall transcripts. Did anyone else get this?

Recieved an email this morning saying my app was forwarded to the faculty reviewers and it had information about fall transcripts. Did anyone else get this?
I got that email too!

• Love
I got it also 😊 Do all applicants receive the email?

does anyone know if Schools that want our fall transcripts will send us an email like UGA did? Or should we assume all schools want our fall transcripts? I applied to one school that doesn't need fall or spring transcripts unless you get accepted, but I've heard schools like NC want transcripts early and I never got an email from them. Basically wondering if I should just send my fall transcript to all schools I applied to lol

2nd Time IS applicant. My brother is a first year at UGA. Parker told me my GRE wasn’t high enough last time I applied(reason why I didn’t get in 1st try). GPA was a 3.75. Still not high this time, but my GPA is higher and I’m taking classes at the vet hospital with professors who teach some of the classes so I think that should help.
Do you mind my asking what your ballpark GRE scores were your first try? I'm a first time IS applicant

I thought I read on their website that you either need to meet their GPA or the GRE requirements, not necessarily both?

I thought I read on their website that you either need to meet their GPA or the GRE requirements, not necessarily both?
Those are minimum requirements to look at your application. If you meet the minimum, then they consider multiple GPAs and GRE score when choosing applicants.

You could have a GRE score or cGPA over the minimums, but still not get in because they were not high compared to other applicants. It's pretty similar to saying you can apply with the minimum specified # of vet experience hrs -- most people that achieve admission have far more than that.

Those are minimum requirements to look at your application. If you meet the minimum, then they consider multiple GPAs and GRE score when choosing applicants.

You could have a GRE score or cGPA over the minimums, but still not get in because they were not high compared to other applicants. It's pretty similar to saying you can apply with the minimum specified # of vet experience hrs -- most people that achieve admission have far more than that.
Okay yeah, that makes sense!

Okay yeah, that makes sense!
Keep in mind, most people who get in first try have really high scores, gpas, etc. It takes people usually more than one try.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first applied, my score wasn’t high enough. It still likely isn’t high enough this next go around, but all my other parts of my application are fairly strong.
Keep in mind, most people who get in first try have really high scores, gpas, etc. It takes people usually more than one try.
And the vet school keeps this in mind as they see on your application that you applied more than once. That usually helps. Another thing too is they want to make sure this is a profession that you want to fully pursue.

How much does the GRE matter? Does anyone know how much it weighs in the factors of acceptance?

How much does the GRE matter? Does anyone know how much it weighs in the factors of acceptance?
I think it’s pretty significant. Someone posted UGA’s research study on accepted applicant stats.

Hello! My GRE was not great. It was under 300. My GPA was about ~ 3.7. I had a TON of experience and wonderful req letters. There are many factors that go into the acceptance, so if you had a lower GRE score than you would have liked, try not to stress.

Hey everyone,
If any of you have questions about my STATS or application etc., do not hesitate to ask. I'm an open book and will be more than happy to share! Seriously, you can ask me anything about grades in specific classes, experience, volunteer work etc. I was not a straight A student and my scores were not super high - I still got in. I know it is very easy to fall into the negative head space of "this is not enough," but don't doubt yourself!

Hey everyone,
If any of you have questions about my STATS or application etc., do not hesitate to ask. I'm an open book and will be more than happy to share! Seriously, you can ask me anything about grades in specific classes, experience, volunteer work etc. I was not a straight A student and my scores were not super high - I still got in. I know it is very easy to fall into the negative head space of "this is not enough," but don't doubt yourself!
I’d take a gander. I’m interested!

Hey everyone,
That’s awesome, thank you for the reassurance. May I ask how many cycles you’ve gone through and if you’ve gone through more than one cycle, what did you do to improve? Also are you in or out of state?

That’s awesome, thank you for the reassurance. May I ask how many cycles you’ve gone through and if you’ve gone through more than one cycle, what did you do to improve? Also are you in or out of state?
No problem! I was accepted IS on my second cycle. One of the ways I improved my application was by gaining more diverse experience. I went down to Fl and worked at a large cat sanctuary, volunteered at a farm, and continued working as a vet tech. I really tried to include some non-vet experience as well. I rewrote my essays and reevaluated who I chose to write my letters. While GPA and GRE are important and play a big role in acceptance, it is not the only thing they care about. Being a well rounded individual goes a long way.

No problem! I was accepted IS on my second cycle. One of the ways I improved my application was by gaining more diverse experience. I went down to Fl and worked at a large cat sanctuary, volunteered at a farm, and continued working as a vet tech. I really tried to include some non-vet experience as well. I rewrote my essays and reevaluated who I chose to write my letters. While GPA and GRE are important and play a big role in acceptance, it is not the only thing they care about. Being a well rounded individual goes a long way.
That's reassuring, thank you 😭

Hi everyone -- in case anyone is wondering if the admissions office did/not receive transcripts -- I just received a confirmation email from Mr. Moore that mine were received (for fall 2021). That's all the email said (i.e., no indication of status). Thus, if you don't get that email by the due date, you might want to double check things! Hope that helps someone :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone -- in case anyone is wondering if the admissions office did/not receive transcripts -- I just received a confirmation email from Mr. Moore that mine were received (for fall 2021). That's all the email said (i.e., no indication of status). Thus, if you don't get that email by the due date, you might want to double check things! Hope that helps someone :)
what day did you send your transcripts? haven’t gotten a confirmation email from them yet!

I sent my transcripts January 4th by mail and got my confirmation email today from Parker

I sent my transcript around late December, but haven't received a confirmation? I'm a bit worried haha