UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks for sharing guys....best of luck for ur IV

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

Congratulations to all of those getting interviews.

I received mine for July 23rd but I need to change the date because I'm about to have a knee surgery... :(

Do you know if that is something the school would do? I'm not sure what to do? :confused:

I replied and ask for a week or two extension... any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Hey guys!

I received mine for July 23rd but I need to change the date because I'm about to have a knee surgery... :(

Do you know if that is something the school would do? I'm not sure what to do? :confused:

Thank you!!
According to last year's forum they changed one person's iv date on request from July to August... You should be able to get a new iv appointment ...

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind can you share your stats? and are you also an illinois resident?

According to last year's forum they changed one person's iv date on request from July to August... You should be able to get a new iv appointment ...

Thank you!

I guess I'll wait for a response. Best of luck to everyone and fingers crossed!

:xf:

Hey I have submitted all my documents but im not able to login to my account and see my status as I dont seem to remember my login id and password. I havent got an email that says its not complete yet ... what should I do.....

A lot of question might be popping up on your minds right now...

Just to keep things as simples as possible:

1) There's no specific order for sending emails, it doesn't follow any pattern and has nothing to do with having or not part 2, or anything like that.

2) If it follows last years pattern (it has so far), emails will be send for about a week, and if needed will be send again at any time before final decisions are made.

3) Asking about scores won't reveal any chances of getting in!!!

For those that like statistics:
* Part I scores ranged from mid 70's to mid 90's
* TOELF scores ranged from high 80's to close to 120
* Half of the students have cleared part II
* Students from more than 15 different nationalities were selected

A lot of question might be popping up on your minds right now...

Just to keep things as simples as possible:

1) There's no specific order for sending emails, it doesn't follow any pattern and has nothing to do with having or not part 2, or anything like that.

2) If it follows last years pattern (it has so far), emails will be send for about a week, and if needed will be send again at any time before final decisions are made.

3) Asking about scores won't reveal any chances of getting in!!!

For those that like statistics:
* Part I scores ranged from mid 70's to mid 90's
* TOELF scores ranged from high 80's to close to 120
* Half of the students have cleared part II
* Students from more than 15 different nationalities were selected

Thank you so much for the information Hope4.. It really helps to keep the anxiety levels down.. Thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys

I got interview email for July 16th, yesterday. I can understand what you all are going through especially those who didn't get an interview email as yet and are waiting ! Just keep your calm, have faith in God and have trust in your hard-work !

Got application complete email in mid May. The online application status never showed ''complete'' on their ''website'' , which really freaked me out !

All the best to everyone ! :thumbup:
hey congrates.. can u share ur states with us?

hey congrates.. can u share ur states with us?

Thanks everyone for sharing stats I hope we also get interview email soon....just wondering how many they interview every yr for 36 slots?

Last year they received 299 applications

About 100.

That means 1 of 3 applicants get an IV ( that is an approximation, supposedly they received the same number of applications this year)... Fairly good
Finally, I received an application complete email today. Accordingly, (IF) I receive an IV email, I will be the last among the applicants :D:D:smuggrin:..

hi guys,
can anyone please tell me if anyone received any IV email after Wednesday? then we will know if they are sending it out everyday or it was that one day only that they sent it..
who is sending the email? is it Mrs.Braulia Espinosa?

jyots - thank you! I am still waiting for that magic email ..

hope4 - thanks a ton for all the inputs! your perspective instills hope in all of us.

cheers!

Hey guys!

Thank you!!

did you hear back from them? did they give you an extension?

PLS help

hey guys, got invitation to UIC next month ! any tips what gona happen there !! interview !! any test i must take there !! what will go on there !! pls do reply

Hey Wadent...did u get a mail from UIC today ,i.e Saturday?

The interviews this year will be pretty different to what has happened in the past. In the years past, two of our main IDDP course teachers would conduct the interviews by themselves : Dr. Parsons and Dr. Savers. However, due to Dr. Savers retirement, things will change this year. As to how they will change, not alot of information has been given to us students. What I gather is that students this year will meet more faculty (around 4-5) and the dean himself will take more interest in the interview process.

My advice is to not stress about the interview. They DO ask clinical questions, but these are things any dentist will be able to answer if not 100% correctly, then at least intelligibly (for example: Can you treat a patient with high blood pressure? Yes? What if his BP was over 200, what would you do?).

In general, they are looking for confident, self assured, Honest (don't BS in your interview), motivated people. The only thing I will recommend is that if you are a bit shy or a little worried about your accent or anything, then PRACTICE. There are standard interview questions that go on in ANY interview. (example: why do you want to come to UIC? where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?) A simple google search can give you a whole bunch of questions to start with. Get a partner and tell them to ask you questions and evaluate your response (not about content, but how you Deliver the content! )

PLEASE PLEASE do not memorize answers. Interviewers can tell when your speaking from a rehearsed memorized paper and it reflects very poorly on you. When you practice, try giving the responses in different wordings every time. This will help you in knowing in GENERAL what you want to say, but also help you start thinking quickly on your feet.

Anyways, best of luck for all those that got interviews so far and to those who haven't gotten an interview, don't lose hope! There's still a chance =]

The interviews this year will be pretty different to what has happened in the past. In the years past, two of our main IDDP course teachers would conduct the interviews by themselves : Dr. Parsons and Dr. Savers. However, due to Dr. Savers retirement, things will change this year. As to how they will change, not alot of information has been given to us students. What I gather is that students this year will meet more faculty (around 4-5) and the dean himself will take more interest in the interview process.

My advice is to not stress about the interview. They DO ask clinical questions, but these are things any dentist will be able to answer if not 100% correctly, then at least intelligibly (for example: Can you treat a patient with high blood pressure? Yes? What if his BP was over 200, what would you do?).

In general, they are looking for confident, self assured, Honest (don't BS in your interview), motivated people. The only thing I will recommend is that if you are a bit shy or a little worried about your accent or anything, then PRACTICE. There are standard interview questions that go on in ANY interview. (example: why do you want to come to UIC? where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?) A simple google search can give you a whole bunch of questions to start with. Get a partner and tell them to ask you questions and evaluate your response (not about content, but how you Deliver the content! )

PLEASE PLEASE do not memorize answers. Interviewers can tell when your speaking from a rehearsed memorized paper and it reflects very poorly on you. When you practice, try giving the responses in different wordings every time. This will help you in knowing in GENERAL what you want to say, but also help you start thinking quickly on your feet.

Anyways, best of luck for all those that got interviews so far and to those who haven't gotten an interview, don't lose hope! There's still a chance =]
hey that was such a great piece of infrmation. i havent got an IV yet but m happy to see there are good seniors like u and hope4 who are helping us and motivating tooo..... thnk u guys.... :)

:thumbup::thumbup: Great advice thank you for all who are helping..

Awesome ! Thank you Amreki :)

hi guys,

congrats to all those who got an IV call ...!

one small request to all those have already received their IV ..can u please share some information that can help us - your fellow sdn members and reduce our anxiety!

one of the questions that 2/3 people asked was - did anyone get an interview email after Wednesday?? then we will know if they are sending it out everyday or it was that one day only that they sent it..
your small inputs will give us some clarity and is greatly appreciated!

also thanks to amerki! your advice is great!

thanks.

hi guys,

congrats to all those who got an IV call ...!

one small request to all those have already received their IV ..can u please share some information that can help us - your fellow sdn members and reduce our anxiety!

one of the questions that 2/3 people asked was - did anyone get an interview email after Wednesday?? then we will know if they are sending it out everyday or it was that one day only that they sent it..
your small inputs will give us some clarity and is greatly appreciated!

also thanks to amerki! your advice is great!

thanks.

I have the same question:confused:

thank you amreki for this important information.. Glad to know that there are people like you in uic. It really helps.. Thanks again.

thanks u amriki for the valuable info:)

IS there anyone who got the IV email today?

no but i am wondering they stopped sending emails

I have started to think they are sending ivs to a group of ppl evry week only once..

Last edited:
does anybody who got IV have their online application status: INCOMPLETE? pl reply people.......

does anybody who got IV have their online application status: INCOMPLETE? pl reply people.......

Yeah...My online application still shows Incomplete Items outstanding status and I've already got the IV call. I guess they don't update that. Don't worry about that. As mentioned earlier if you've received the application complete mail from Ms Espinosa you should be fine ;)

hey guys
have interview in uic next month,what will go on there ! they told me just interview,i mesn is it a test!! what to expect ...pls do help

Congrats for those who got iv call
Could you please share your status to know if we are still standing any chance to get one
Appreciate

i got the application complete mail, however online supplemental app is incomplete.

i got the application complete mail, however online supplemental app is incomplete.
I do not think that we have to worry about the online application anymore, I stopped checking after I received the application complete email.:cool:

ya, it was a response to dentalstudent87 question. I got the interview call already.
Thanks

thanks amerki for ur valuable info..
is there any practical part ! even though i called them they said just an interview!
ill google these questions and see..
ofcoarse have to show confedence too..if any useful tips pks share guys,specially the ones that been there at UIC !
thanks

Guys what do u think is today the day they invite few more for interview?