1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

UK undergrad degree when applying for US vet schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by BVSc2016Hopeful, Jul 28, 2011.

1. BVSc2016Hopeful

Pre-Veterinary
    I found my perfect undergrad school, but it's in England. If I graduate from there with a bachelors degree, can I apply to US vet schools? Anyone done it? Did you just get the degree evaluated before applying?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Escalla

Escalla treading water
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Canada/United States is a little more compatible, but as an international student with Canadian credits applying to American schools I can say that a lot of vet schools require that your pre-reqs have to been completed at an American institution. Some are more flexible, but it's definitely on a school-by-school basis. So I would definitely keep that in mind if you're considering a foreign degree and applying to U.S. schools.

I would check with schools that you're interested in now and figure out which ones do not require American credits for pre-reqs. Then I would work closely with them to make sure the classes you take in England are compatible. You would most likely have to get your transcripts "translated" through a service when you apply.