1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UK undergrad degree when applying for US vet schools?

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by BVSc2016Hopeful, Jul 28, 2011.

1. BVSc2016Hopeful

Pre-Veterinary
    I found my perfect undergrad school, but it's in England. If I graduate from there with a bachelors degree, can I apply to US vet schools? Anyone done it? Did you just get the degree evaluated before applying?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Escalla

Escalla treading water
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Canada/United States is a little more compatible, but as an international student with Canadian credits applying to American schools I can say that a lot of vet schools require that your pre-reqs have to been completed at an American institution. Some are more flexible, but it's definitely on a school-by-school basis. So I would definitely keep that in mind if you're considering a foreign degree and applying to U.S. schools.

I would check with schools that you're interested in now and figure out which ones do not require American credits for pre-reqs. Then I would work closely with them to make sure the classes you take in England are compatible. You would most likely have to get your transcripts "translated" through a service when you apply.