Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UK Waitlist movement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Eddie5v1, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Eddie5v1

Eddie5v1 New Member

Does anyone know if there has been any waitlist movement at the University of Kentucky???

2. opus

opus Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm on it too but haven't heard anything. I read they take less than 5 from waitlist after June 15 and most movement occurs between April and May. Found this info on <a href="http://www.medicalgold.com/." target="_blank">http://www.medicalgold.com/.</a> So it doesn't sound too good!

3. Eddie5v1

Eddie5v1 New Member

thanks opus....i talked to uk in mid-april and I was told that in the past 5 years they have taken between 3 and 20 off the waitlist. I was not sure if they were behind or what. Did you apply to U of L as well?

4. kam730

kam730 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey guys, I have been trying to find people who applied at UK and UL so since you have I want to ask you a few things. I feel that I have a pretty good shot at getting into one of the two schools, but i am concerned about my boyfriend. He is a KY resident, has a 3.92 GPA, and a 27S (V9-P11-B7) MCAT. He is obviously worried about the 7 in bio, but i think he still has a good chance. He plays division 1 tennis and has good clinical experience and hospital volunteering. If either of you or anyone else has info on his chances it would be appreciated.

5. KyGrlDr2B

7+ Year Member

Why don't you guys just contact Kim Scott? She is really helpful and replies to e-mails very quickly. :)

6. opus

opus Member
    7+ Year Member

UKy won't tell you anything right now about movement. Yes I applied to UL but lacked EC. I'm doing it now...shadowing a doctor. I also read somewhere else that UK takes up to 25 off waitlist but I think it's late in the game now. Hope we have luck.

7. Eddie5v1

Eddie5v1 New Member

Hey Kam 730. I think your boyfriend's chances are pretty good. I had lower MCATs than him and an 8 in PS. One of my interviewers at UK said my MCAT was too low for my GPA. I was waitlisted and when I talked to them in April I was told that the MCAT was the reason for me being waitlisted b/c it reflects board performance. At U of L I was told during both interviews that my numbers were fine and I should not have a problem getting in. I was waitlisted there too, but I was accepted off the list at the end of May. I think if your boyfriend gets his applications in as early as possible he shouldn't have a problem. I interviewed at UK in January and U of L in February and I think that hurt my chances as well. Hope that helped.