UK Waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eddie5v1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there has been any waitlist movement at the University of Kentucky???

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on it too but haven't heard anything. I read they take less than 5 from waitlist after June 15 and most movement occurs between April and May. Found this info on <a href="http://www.medicalgold.com/." target="_blank">http://www.medicalgold.com/.</a> So it doesn't sound too good!

thanks opus....i talked to uk in mid-april and I was told that in the past 5 years they have taken between 3 and 20 off the waitlist. I was not sure if they were behind or what. Did you apply to U of L as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I have been trying to find people who applied at UK and UL so since you have I want to ask you a few things. I feel that I have a pretty good shot at getting into one of the two schools, but i am concerned about my boyfriend. He is a KY resident, has a 3.92 GPA, and a 27S (V9-P11-B7) MCAT. He is obviously worried about the 7 in bio, but i think he still has a good chance. He plays division 1 tennis and has good clinical experience and hospital volunteering. If either of you or anyone else has info on his chances it would be appreciated.

Why don't you guys just contact Kim Scott? She is really helpful and replies to e-mails very quickly. :)

UKy won't tell you anything right now about movement. Yes I applied to UL but lacked EC. I'm doing it now...shadowing a doctor. I also read somewhere else that UK takes up to 25 off waitlist but I think it's late in the game now. Hope we have luck.

Hey Kam 730. I think your boyfriend's chances are pretty good. I had lower MCATs than him and an 8 in PS. One of my interviewers at UK said my MCAT was too low for my GPA. I was waitlisted and when I talked to them in April I was told that the MCAT was the reason for me being waitlisted b/c it reflects board performance. At U of L I was told during both interviews that my numbers were fine and I should not have a problem getting in. I was waitlisted there too, but I was accepted off the list at the end of May. I think if your boyfriend gets his applications in as early as possible he shouldn't have a problem. I interviewed at UK in January and U of L in February and I think that hurt my chances as well. Hope that helped.