I am a current student conducting a short questionnaire for the purpose of researching the feasibility of Bellevue College (BC) offering an internship for students prior to starting the Diagnostic Ultrasound Technology (DUTEC) program. If you choose to answer one or both short questionnaires, thank you very much for your time and input. It is greatly appreciated.
- Would you recommend completing an internship in a healthcare environment that has exposure to Diagnostic Ultrasound Technician (DUTEC) duties before starting the DUTEC program?
- Do you feel that having an internship before starting the DUTEC program would have been more beneficial in determining a speciality?
- Do you think you would have been more comfortable in a classroom setting after an internship in a healthcare environment with exposure to DUTEC’s?
- Do you think that you would have started the DUTEC program if you were given the opportunity of an internship before the program had started?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely important) how would you rate the necessity for a student internship prior to starting the DUTEC program?
- What made you interested in pursuing a career in Diagnostic Ultrasound Technician (DUTEC)?
- What did you learn from your classroom and clinical experiences?
- In your opinion, what skill are most new graduates lacking in the DUTEC field?
- What benefit could you see in having a student complete an internship in a medical setting before starting the DUTEC program?
- What piece of advice would give to someone interested in the DUTEC program?