UMass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a friend who interviewed in the fall and was accepted the day before classes started.

Members don't see this ad.

Kix said:
interviews aren't over yet. scroll up a bit -- some folks have interviews next week

Yeah Kix, good point. Wow, they are interviewing late into the season. That probably means there will be two more adcom meetings (march and april), (which i guess is a good thing for those of us still waiting) before waitlists go out late april and rejections go out in may. that would be my guess, but who the hell knows, i just want to get into umass...

kohalagirl79 said:
I have a friend who interviewed in the fall and was accepted the day before classes started.

As grateful as I would be to get in...I don't want to be that person. The stress would most likely kill me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone figured out the amt of time it takes for acceptances to be posted online after an adcom meeting.....that definately sounds obsessive...but I am! :scared:

blueicyrose said:
Has anyone figured out the amt of time it takes for acceptances to be posted online after an adcom meeting.....that definately sounds obsessive...but I am! :scared:

usually, next morning. that is what has happened with others if you look back on this thread. did anybody who interviewed within the last couple weeks or month get any feedback on where they are filling the class and what is to come? anybody? bueller?

wilson bitt said:
usually, next morning. that is what has happened with others if you look back on this thread. did anybody who interviewed within the last couple weeks or month get any feedback on where they are filling the class and what is to come? anybody? bueller?

anyobody? any online acceptances this morning?

wilson bitt said:
anyobody? any online acceptances this morning?

NOTHING. AT ALL. YES I'M YELLING.

It's unlikely that the adcom met yesterday as UMass is in the middle of its spring vacation. I haven't seen an update yet either. Don't let it spoil your weekend.

aneuploidy said:
It's unlikely that the adcom met yesterday as UMass is in the middle of its spring vacation. I haven't seen an update yet either. Don't let it spoil your weekend.

aaah, thank you. That's good to know. Maybe I can stop obsessing now (or maybe not).

Adcom meeting this week?
Anybody?

Hey, I don't know about the meeting, but as soon as my roomate gets out of the shower I'm getting dressed and heading to worcester for my interview!! wish me luck.

I'll say hello to toll booth willy for you all.... (no i won't, i have ez pass, I will wave)

Flyfisher said:
Hey, I don't know about the meeting, but as soon as my roomate gets out of the shower I'm getting dressed and heading to worcester for my interview!! wish me luck.

I'll say hello to toll booth willy for you all.... (no i won't, i have ez pass, I will wave)

Good luck. Knock em dead.
Also, see if you can find out when they will let people know anything at all.
:)

slb830 said:
Good luck. Knock em dead.
Also, see if you can find out when they will let people know anything at all.
:)

Hey just got home. I think my interviews went really well. they said we should hear early to mid april.

They also said we were the last interview, or this was the last week for interviews. I really should have listened better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Flyfisher said:
Hey just got home. I think my interviews went really well. they said we should hear early to mid april.

They also said we were the last interview, or this was the last week for interviews. I really should have listened better.

Great, thanks for the info.

I'm glad it went well for you.

Was there an ADCOM meeting today? If there was we could potentially hear back tomorrow, right?

blueicyrose said:
Was there an ADCOM meeting today? If there was we could potentially hear back tomorrow, right?

don't freak out...no new news...just wondering if anybody got the status page change today (i guess it is still a little early in the morning for anything to change). nothing over here, and interviewed in november

wilson bitt said:
don't freak out...no new news...just wondering if anybody got the status page change today (i guess it is still a little early in the morning for anything to change). nothing over here, and interviewed in november

Whats this status page change everyone is talking about? Now that I've interviewed I guess I should be on the lookout?

Flyfisher said:
Whats this status page change everyone is talking about? Now that I've interviewed I guess I should be on the lookout?

logon to the Umass site where you filled out your secondary.
Click admissions and then accept/decline admissions.

If it says you have no application for admission, then nothing has changed / your status has no been updated.
If it says something else (i have no clue as to what since my page hasnt changed) then.......

slb830 said:
logon to the Umass site where you filled out your secondary.
Click admissions and then accept/decline admissions.

If it says you have no application for admission, then nothing has changed / your status has no been updated.
If it says something else (i have no clue as to what since my page hasnt changed) then.......

If you've been accepted, it will give you the option to accept or decline your admission.

No status change here, are we sure there was a meeting yesterday?

diosa428 said:
If you've been accepted, it will give you the option to accept or decline your admission.

Diosa, you've been accepted there for a while now (congrats!) - are you definitely going?

Does anyone know with certainty that the adcoms met yesterday? (thursday) I inteviewed on wendsday as well, (good luck all) they also said that there are most certainly spots left in the class, in case anyone was wondering (I was).

Wind(zill)a

Reading last year's UMass thread, it seems most people didn't hear anything until mid April, and lots of news came in mid to late May...so...I suspect we're in for a long wait...as if it hasn't been long enough :rolleyes:

Orthodoc40 said:
Diosa, you've been accepted there for a while now (congrats!) - are you definitely going?

I'm not sure, I'm on a couple of waitlists right now and I don't really know what I'll do if I get off any of them... but UMass is my only acceptance so there's a good shot I'll be there.

stressed522 said:

FYI - A friend interviewed last week & was told they met last Thursday and will be meeting again NEXT Thursday (April 6th).

Orthodoc40 said:
FYI - A friend interviewed last week & was told they met last Thursday and will be meeting again NEXT Thursday (April 6th).

Doesn't seem like there was any action last Thursday as far as acceptances, at least on SDN (not that it tells the full story), so that is a little strange. Hopefully, next Thursday's meeting will yield some results

Is next thurs the last meeting.....arent all the decisions (waitlists, rejections, and acceptances) pretty much all supposed to go out in April?

blueicyrose said:
Is next thurs the last meeting.....arent all the decisions (waitlists, rejections, and acceptances) pretty much all supposed to go out in April?

I think someone earlier said this was their last week interviewing, so they'll probably be finishing up (finally). But again, if you check out last year's UMass thread, many people really didn't hear much until May.

Hey,
I think you guys should check the status online. Because mine changed last week.

marule said:
Hey,
I think you guys should check the status online. Because mine changed last week.

Were you accepted? Waitlisted?

I check every 5 minutes, every day. :)

Yea, I know how you feel. I was accepted. I wasn't expecting it because some people said that there wasn't going to be a meeting until this week. But I bet there will be another meeting this week.

marule said:
Yea, I know how you feel. I was accepted. I wasn't expecting it because some people said that there wasn't going to be a meeting until this week. But I bet there will be another meeting this week.

Congrats!! Are you planning on going? :D

I figure if I missed something on line I'd get a surprise in the mail soon after, so I stopped checking. Basically just getting ready to re-take the MCAT & re-apply, and if I hear good news from UMass, I will say, "Great!! What took you so long?!!" !!

blueicyrose said:
Congrats!! Are you planning on going? :D

Yes, I am going. :) UMASS was my first choice!
I hope all of you guys waiting the best of luck. I know how you guys feel.

marule said:
Yes, I am going. :) UMASS was my first choice!
I hope all of you guys waiting the best of luck. I know how you guys feel.

Well, congrats!! :thumbup:
Maybe you'll see diosa there....!

Darn! I got all excited to check my status but it was unchanged.

PLEASE GOD I WANT TO GO TO UMASS SOOOO BADLY

I checked this morning and I was also accepted!!! Yipeee!!! I have been waiting to hear for many many months. To all of those who are still waiting best of luck. To those accepted, I look forward to seeing you this summer.

AlveolARL said:
I checked this morning and I was also accepted!!! Yipeee!!! I have been waiting to hear for many many months. To all of those who are still waiting best of luck. To those accepted, I look forward to seeing you this summer.

How often do you check? Do you think your online status just changed today, or last week and you just havent checked since then?

thanks.
congrats.

sigh. when did you interview? i wonder if it's time to give up hope :(

Kix said:
sigh. when did you interview? i wonder if it's time to give up hope :(

I'm doing the anxious waiting thing too, and I just interviewed 2 weeks ago. Worst of all, I lost my password and login name so I'm at the mercy of the US Postal Service.

LJDHC05 said:
I'm doing the anxious waiting thing too, and I just interviewed 2 weeks ago. Worst of all, I lost my password and login name so I'm at the mercy of the US Postal Service.

what this thread needs is some "I got accepted rules", just to help the paranoid among us (defined as everyone)

Im not about to lay down the law here, so these are some suggestions for the future. if anyone takes them seriously i have listed consequences below

If you were accepted and would like to share so that we can drool/congradulate you please include the following (read carefully or no consequences!)

1) date you interviewed

2) method of notification

3) exact date and time of notification

*AND IF you found out by LOGGING ON TO THE WEBSITE

3) when if at all was the last time you logged on and WERE NOT ACCEPTED.

if you did that, i would totally accept you to the medical school in my head, alternatively If im accepted and we both attend I will BUY YOU A DRINK, any kind especially a SHIRLY TEMPLE or a ROY RODGERS, (but beer would be acceptable too) :luck:

*this is important so i used some caps, i wanted to be the guy i hate.

windzilla said:
what this thread needs is some "I got accepted rules", just to help the paranoid among us (defined as everyone)

Im not about to lay down the law here, so these are some suggestions for the future. if anyone takes them seriously i have listed consequences below

If you were accepted and would like to share so that we can drool/congradulate you please include the following (read carefully or no consequences!)

1) date you interviewed

2) method of notification

3) exact date and time of notification

*AND IF you found out by LOGGING ON TO THE WEBSITE

3) when if at all was the last time you logged on and WERE NOT ACCEPTED.

if you did that, i would totally accept you to the medical school in my head, alternatively If im accepted and we both attend I will BUY YOU A DRINK, any kind especially a SHIRLY TEMPLE or a ROY RODGERS, (but beer would be acceptable too) :luck:

*this is important so i used some caps, i wanted to be the guy i hate.

Happy to comply, if only UMass would...!

If UMass wasn't keeping us waiting, would there be anything to talk about? UMass - such the fickle temptress.

In hopes of alleviating some distress...More info.

I interviewed very early in the season. I found out wed morn by checking online status.
I checked online last before wed on fri morn and had nothing.
I have not received anything in the mail yet.
Buena Suerte, and if you have any preguntas feel free to PM me.

1. Interviewed 9/20/05
2. Found out around 9:15 am on Fri 1/20/06. The page was updated that morning, sometime between 8:45am when I got home from work and when it finally changed at 9:15am. (Thanks to mdapps, I do know that some others from my interview date found out in October and December, so unfortunately the random pattern continues)
3. Large, but thin, white envelope in the mail a few days later. You can confirm your acceptance and pay the $100 fee online.

Links to the required docs for financial aid and the various health forms come later via email.

Maybe the waiting is some last test of Mass-ness. Can you wait four months while others hear? Can you wait from 1918 to 2004? Can you wait through a winter season where it snows on April 5th? If so, come on to Worcester!

AMitchell said:
Maybe the waiting is some last test of Mass-ness. Can you wait four months while others hear? Can you wait from 1918 to 2004? Can you wait through a winter season where it snows on April 5th? If so, come on to Worcester!

:laugh:

Got Updates?