krustykrabpizza

Sep 12, 2017
Hi all, I don't know if this question gets asked a lot, so I apologize if this is redundant. I received my scores last week and was ecstatic with the overall of 519. However, the breakdown is a 132/131/130/126. While the first three sections are great, the P/S is quite drastically lower. Does this pose a large problem for me? My cGPA is 3.77 and my sGPA is 3.78 and I am applying MD next cycle. Thanks in advance!

Chromium Surfer

SDN Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi all, I don't know if this question gets asked a lot, so I apologize if this is redundant. I received my scores last week and was ecstatic with the overall of 519. However, the breakdown is a 132/131/130/126. While the first three sections are great, the P/S is quite drastically lower. Does this pose a large problem for me? My cGPA is 3.77 and my sGPA is 3.78 and I am applying MD next cycle. Thanks in advance!

LizzyM is an adcom at a top school, this is what she said earlier:

Three subscores > 129 and not more than one subscore between 126 and 129. Total not less than 516 puts you in the first tier of students.

krustykrabpizza

Sep 12, 2017
LizzyM is an adcom at a top school, this is what she said earlier:

Three subscores > 129 and not more than one subscore between 126 and 129. Total not less than 516 puts you in the first tier of students.
Thanks for that information! I guess if I was asked about the p/s score in an interview or something, I would have to have some explanation, but as long as it doesn't raise huge red flags, I'm content.

About the Ads

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You're good to go. Frustrating P/S was low but ultimately shouldn't hurt you at all man. Good luck with the cycle!

MareNostrummm

D.O. Class of 2022
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)

Lol when I saw the thread title I was assuming 129+ in all sections with like a 124 in CARS. You have nothing to be worried about if your lowest score is a 126 in P/S...

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.