• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Unc

KentUT

Aug 4, 2010
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hey everyone, I am applying this cycle and was wondering if any vets out there could give me some advice. My dream school is UNC, but I am an out of state resident. I know they accept a small number of out of state students but was wondering if anyone knew any ways to better your application for UNC in particular. Do they like seeing high scores on certain parts of the DAT? Do they prefer a certain types of EC's? Stuff like that. I am taking the DAT in mid-July, which I am a little worried about being late and will apply with a 3.7 GPA and 3.6 sGPA (roughly) haven't received exact grades for this semester yet. Does anyone have any advice? Or know of a thread where this has already been discussed? Thanks in advance!

wizi

10+ Year Member
    Aug 24, 2008
    1. Dental Student
      hmmm...
      If you want to increase your chance to the max, there is something you could do:
      Do not apply this year, apply the year after + move to North Carolina for a year + work there + go to UNC --> become their resident --> you are in with 20 DAT, 3.6 GPA.

If you dont want to do all of the above, get 25 DAT.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.