Unc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KentUT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am applying this cycle and was wondering if any vets out there could give me some advice. My dream school is UNC, but I am an out of state resident. I know they accept a small number of out of state students but was wondering if anyone knew any ways to better your application for UNC in particular. Do they like seeing high scores on certain parts of the DAT? Do they prefer a certain types of EC's? Stuff like that. I am taking the DAT in mid-July, which I am a little worried about being late and will apply with a 3.7 GPA and 3.6 sGPA (roughly) haven't received exact grades for this semester yet. Does anyone have any advice? Or know of a thread where this has already been discussed? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

hmmm...
If you want to increase your chance to the max, there is something you could do:
Do not apply this year, apply the year after + move to North Carolina for a year + work there + go to UNC --> become their resident --> you are in with 20 DAT, 3.6 GPA.

If you dont want to do all of the above, get 25 DAT.