UNE Online versus Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does UNE online courses or Community College courses look better to medical school admissions?

  • UNE online courses

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Community College courses

    Votes: 5 71.4%

  • Total voters
    7

mahalopele

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have any more space in my course schedule to take pre-med courses at my college (currently a Finance/Economics dual major). I work full-time during the summer to pay for tuition, so summer school unfortunately isn't an option. I've take Pre-calc, Calc I, Data and Stats Analysis, and all of my chemistries through O-Chem I at my current university. I plan to graduate on time, so my question is this: what looks better on medical school applications? Taking my pre-med courses online at UNE, or at a local community college?

Both have way cheaper tuition than paying for credit hour overload at my current university. My goal is to eventually end up at OSU med (hopefully, though I know I may not get accepted to competitive programs). Let me know opinions below.