UNECOM professional reference

Started by AliJoy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AliJoy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what they mean by "evaluation of a professional reference?" Does this mean they want a D.O. or just any professional?

-Ali
 
Originally posted by AliJoy
Does anyone know what they mean by "evaluation of a professional reference?" Does this mean they want a D.O. or just any professional?

-Ali

If I recall correctly, the DO letter requirement is a separate thing. Professional letter means like a evaluation from an employer.

At least that's what I took it to mean.

- Tae
 
I'm in my 2nd year at UNECOM, and I don't remember there being a D.O. letter requirement - I definitely didn't have one and got in, so that must be new. As far as the "professional" requirement, I called them when I applied and asked about that, and they said it basically means "not a professor". It can be someone who you do research for, a volunteer supervisor, your employer, a doc you shadowed, etc. I sent a letter from the social worker I worked with from Big Brothers Big Sisters.
 
Thanks everyone! I talked with someone from admissions, and they told me the same thing...it can be any "professional person" that knows you.