Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UNECOM professional reference

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by AliJoy, Sep 17, 2002.

1. AliJoy

AliJoy Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know what they mean by "evaluation of a professional reference?" Does this mean they want a D.O. or just any professional?

-Ali

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If I recall correctly, the DO letter requirement is a separate thing. Professional letter means like a evaluation from an employer.

At least that's what I took it to mean.

- Tae

4. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm in my 2nd year at UNECOM, and I don't remember there being a D.O. letter requirement - I definitely didn't have one and got in, so that must be new. As far as the "professional" requirement, I called them when I applied and asked about that, and they said it basically means "not a professor". It can be someone who you do research for, a volunteer supervisor, your employer, a doc you shadowed, etc. I sent a letter from the social worker I worked with from Big Brothers Big Sisters.

5. AliJoy

AliJoy Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks everyone! I talked with someone from admissions, and they told me the same thing...it can be any "professional person" that knows you.