UNECOM professional reference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AliJoy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what they mean by "evaluation of a professional reference?" Does this mean they want a D.O. or just any professional?

-Ali

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by AliJoy
Does anyone know what they mean by "evaluation of a professional reference?" Does this mean they want a D.O. or just any professional?

-Ali

If I recall correctly, the DO letter requirement is a separate thing. Professional letter means like a evaluation from an employer.

At least that's what I took it to mean.

- Tae

I'm in my 2nd year at UNECOM, and I don't remember there being a D.O. letter requirement - I definitely didn't have one and got in, so that must be new. As far as the "professional" requirement, I called them when I applied and asked about that, and they said it basically means "not a professor". It can be someone who you do research for, a volunteer supervisor, your employer, a doc you shadowed, etc. I sent a letter from the social worker I worked with from Big Brothers Big Sisters.

Thanks everyone! I talked with someone from admissions, and they told me the same thing...it can be any "professional person" that knows you.