2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

No secondary except for questions in the primary app. Got an email inviting me to submit the secondary fee of $55. Nothing since!

Secondary application fee received today after verification. Paid

Members don't see this ad :)
Update! Got email saying my application was complete. Says they’ll start making decision in September

I really wanted to apply here, but the one pre-req I'm still missing is Orgo lab and was planning on completing that course during the spring semester. I called and it doesn't seem like they offer and sort of exceptions, even though all the orgo labs are filled for the fall semester. Any suggestions?

Received an email about deficient in course requirement so I should apply next year. I graduated 2 years ago but am missing like 2credits (my undergrad used quarter system). Can I email them that I will take it in fall and have me back in their applicant list?

Received an email about deficient in course requirement so I should apply next year. I graduated 2 years ago but am missing like 2credits (my undergrad used quarter system). Can I email them that I will take it in fall and have me back in their applicant list?
Email them and see what they say

Email them and see what they say
Just called them, I hope this helps others in my situation: update your application with AACOMAS first stating that you’re planning these credits, and then email admission for additional review.
update: AACOMAS only allows update courses after September. called admission again and confirmed this, they won't review my application until I have transcript saying that my prereq is in progress. bummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The link in the 2023-2024 directory for UNE COM points to the 2022-2023 thread instead of this one btw

Just called them, I hope this helps others in my situation: update your application with AACOMAS first stating that you’re planning these credits, and then email admission for additional review.
update: AACOMAS only allows update courses after September. called admission again and confirmed this, they won't review my application until I have transcript saying that my prereq is in progress. bummer.

I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. I'm in a similar boat and surprised that they wouldn't accept it any time before matriculation. Do you know if any other schools have this policy?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that. That sucks. I'm in a similar boat and surprised that they wouldn't accept it any time before matriculation. Do you know if any other schools have this policy?
I’m applying to 10, so far only UNECOM like this

This happened to some folk last year as well. They do not take applicants who have not finished their prereqs by the fall semester that they are applying in. I wish they would advertise that.

For the question: a) If you previously only applied to Allopathic medical schools, why are you now applying to Osteopathic Medical schools? Please be concise and specific. b) If this is more than your first round of application to medical schools, what have you done to enhance your preparedness? Please be concise and specific.
If I am applying for the first time this year then I do not answer this, right? It's just for re-applicants?

For the question: a) If you previously only applied to Allopathic medical schools, why are you now applying to Osteopathic Medical schools? Please be concise and specific. b) If this is more than your first round of application to medical schools, what have you done to enhance your preparedness? Please be concise and specific.
b) If I am applying for the first time this year then I do not answer this, right? It's just for re-applicants?
I did not answer that slot since this is my first cycle too

Has anyone heard any updates? My application has been complete for a few weeks now but haven't heard anything.

Just received notification they have my primary. No mention about a secondary fee yet. Will that email come once they know I've met all the necessary requirements?

Just received notification they have my primary. No mention about a secondary fee yet. Will that email come once they know I've met all the necessary requirements?
Yep! Didn’t take very long for me, but it might take a bit longer if they have a high volume.

Is this school moving to Portland for 2024? It didn’t state this anywhere but I did find it when Google searching

Anybody know how long it takes from complete application email notification to possible interview invite?

Is this school moving to Portland for 2024? It didn’t state this anywhere but I did find it when Google searching

The new health science building will be open by 2024. But, you will not be having classes there until Fall of 2025.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if unecom has a free clinic? I saw OMT but that's not really what i was looking for

Does anyone know if unecom has a free clinic? I saw OMT, but that's not really what I was looking for
So to my knowledge (I am just a prospective student), when I attended their in-person open house, they did speak about a free clinic that is open to the Biddeford (will be Portland) community that is run predominantly by 3/4th year students that take a gap year to teach OMM and local physicians. The primary ailments they target are those that can be worked on with OMM/OMT so students can gain further experience.

So to my knowledge (I am just a prospective student), when I attended their in-person open house, they did speak about a free clinic that is open to the Biddeford (will be Portland) community that is run predominantly by 3/4th year students that take a gap year to teach OMM and local physicians. The primary ailments they target are those that can be worked on with OMM/OMT so students can gain further experience.
wowww thank you for this!

I am a current OMS-1 at UNECOM! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I will do my best to answer in a timely fashion

" If you previously only applied to Allopathic medical schools, why are you now applying to Osteopathic Medical schools? Please be concise and specific. b) If this is more than your first round of application to medical schools, what have you done to enhance your preparedness? Please be concise and specific."

This is my first time applying to medical school (MD and DO programs). So I would leave this N/A correct?

" If you previously only applied to Allopathic medical schools, why are you now applying to Osteopathic Medical schools? Please be concise and specific. b) If this is more than your first round of application to medical schools, what have you done to enhance your preparedness? Please be concise and specific."

This is my first time applying to medical school (MD and DO programs). So I would leave this N/A correct?

Yeah if you’re a first time applicant this doesn’t apply to you.

II received 8/30- anyone have info on style of interview?