UNECOM waitlist....NYCOM waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R7A8F

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear about people getting in from the waitlists at UNECOM or NYCOM at all? As far as I know there was not much of a change on the waitlist at UNECOM. Any info is appreciated.
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't know much about "wait lists" . . . except for the fact that they bother me
biggrin.gif

" 'round these parts quick gets ya dead."

------------------
**To Know is to Understand**

It's always a possibility to get accepted from a wait list at NYCOM. NYCOM accepts students until its class is full. After that it waits for responses from those who were accepted. When or if they have people who have opted not to enroll at NYCOM, they go to the wait list. I am not sure, however, how they choose people from the wait list. It only seems reasonable to think that they have applicants ranked on that list. Therefore if they have a sufficient number of accepted people opting not to enroll at NYCOM, they will let in as many people as they can from their wait list. Keep your fingers crossed. Let me know what happens by posting here.

Amit
NYCOM, Class of 2002

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to get in to the NYIT BSDO program in colabration with NYCOM???

I was thinking of transfering to NYIT in hopes of graduationg and later on entering NYCOM

mod_DO
Over and Out

I've been waitlisted at NYCOM as well. I've heard lots of stories about people getting in at the very last minute (3 days before classes begin). Amit (or anyone else), do you have any advice about what I can do in the meantime to improve my application or should I just sit tight and hope for the best?

Thanks,
Mona

Mona, although some may argue with this, I think you should call the admissions office of NYCOM and ask them about the status of your application. It may seem pesty, but it also displays your desire to attend the school. The school wants to accept a wait-list candidate that will surely attend the school upon acceptance. Furthermore, if you have accomplished anything spectacular since the interview (aced organic, for example) be sure to let them know. The folks at the admissions office at NYCOM seemed very nice when I called them. In fact I knew of my interview and acceptance over the phone. Hope to see you this fall. Good luck!

Mona,

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I haven't checked this string for a while. But I agree with what Harry said above. I would try getting in touch with Mr. Schaeffer (the Director of Admissions). You obviously are interested in coming to NYCOM, which is definitely a plus when it comes to your chances of admission. How long ago were you interviewed? Instead of calling the admissions office to check your status, why don't you try calling them to tell them how intersted you really are in attending NYCOM. You could also write a letter to Mr. Schaefer expressing your great desire of attending NYCOM.

Amit

[This message has been edited by AMS-007 (edited 06-19-2000).]

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still waiting to hear from NYCOM. I just wish it will be soon.

Hey Amit, if it wouldn't be too much trouble would you please check on my status also? Let me know if it would be ok to email you my name. Last time I called the Admissions office, they just told me that there were no changes at this point.

R7A8F,

Sure! Send over your name. Let me give it a shot and see what they have to say.

Amit

Cool
smile.gif
Thanks Amit!