Question Uniformed Services Membership Upgrade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ValeRx

Not Retail
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to do this without posting my real name publicly, since it is my email address?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been off for a while, and this just came to my attention -

As of right now, the only way for verification of our current military members is to send an email (and likewise receive a response) by the users .mil email account.

For our veterans, this discussion has been going on for some time on how to best approach this situation since a .mil account would no longer be accessible. Due to legality reasoning, we would not accept a copy of a government issued veteran ID Card (Veteran Health Identification Card, CAC, Retirement Card, etc) per 18 U.S. Code & 701 - Official badges, identification cards, other insignia

While we finalize a decision that consists of a validated, generated service letter put on by the VA on behalf of the veteran, there is unfortunately no other way of truly verifying military status without the ability to reveal a veteran's name (anonymous to public users) to the admins of the site.

If you have a suggestion on other avenues of accomplishing this, please let us know! We want to preserve the right to recognize our uniformed service members by way of safe validation while simultaneously screen out other non-uniformed vendors/spammers who claim current or past military status.