University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I'm new to this site, but I'm in Grundy for the night for the UACP interviews tomorrow morning. Does anyone know the odds of being accepted here? And if so, where do you live if you get in??

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I'm new to this site, but I'm in Grundy for the night for the UACP interviews tomorrow morning. Does anyone know the odds of being accepted here? And if so, where do you live if you get in??

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there today for the interview... which group were you in? I'm in group II

see u there sky1102.Are u driving or flying?..what's ur stat if u don't mind sharing it?...I'm nervous too as this is my first interview.
hey realmane, where were you at the interview ? I was in gr II ...what about you?

hey realmane, where were you at the interview ? I was in gr II ...what about you?
hey guys..im still on my way home..spending the night in VA..I was in group 1 and I was looking for u..most ppple there didn't seem to know about SDN..the town is...lol.....i saw they have couple of asian P1 students helping out...by the way,how did the interview go?....mine was great !..I couldn't believe it.

tell us about it! i want details!

oh congrats! please please ask them about the numbers for me? thanks!!
The only black african guy in my group did ask Vickie about the number of seats left before I did and Vickie said about 13-15 seats.She also mentioned that some of us will be put on alt list and some rejected all within 2 wks.They will meet on Monday.That's the disadvantage of applying late.

The only black african guy in my group did ask Vickie about the number of seats left before I did and Vickie said about 13-15 seats.She also mentioned that some of us will be put on alt list and some rejected all within 2 wks.They will meet on Monday.That's the disadvantage of applying late.

how many people were there? i havent heard anything from them yet :-( this is making me really nervous...

tell us about it! i want details!
I want to go find me something to eat first..I will be back guys..and thanx a lot for all ur helps on this forum...all the questions were kinda related to what I have read somewhere on SDN....

I want to go find me something to eat first..I will be back guys..and thanx a lot for all ur helps on this forum...all the questions were kinda related to what I have read somewhere on SDN....

ok.. come back soon cause i wanna hear your story :)

how many people were there? i havent heard anything from them yet :-( this is making me really nervous...
i think we had 39 pple on the list today.It looked like everybody showed up and they didn't mention another interview coming up...maybe to another group though...The P1 guy said they do have internet now...good thing...They will also qualify for federal student loan b4 spring semester 2007...

I made a facebook group for those who plan on attending UACP fall07

Group: UACP class of 2010

Members don't see this ad :)
i wish i could join. i havent heard anything yet and im starting to fear the worse. so there are about 13-15 spots left. a good portion of that will be taken by those who interviewed today... there were 39 interviewees. thats a lot. :( since vickie said the alt list and rejections will be done within 2 weeks.. i might hear something soon. the only way i can get in is if someone who was accepted declines their offer. anyone from the january interview still waiting?

they will meet monday. im just wondering where on the alt list i am. am i dead last, middle or what. i hope during mondays meeting they pick me..

i wish i could join. i havent heard anything yet and im starting to fear the worse. so there are about 13-15 spots left. a good portion of that will be taken by those who interviewed today... there were 39 interviewees. thats a lot. :( since vickie said the alt list and rejections will be done within 2 weeks.. i might hear something soon. the only way i can get in is if someone who was accepted declines their offer.

they will meet monday. im just wondering where on the alt list i am. am i dead last, middle or what. i hope during mondays meeting they pick me..

People will be deciling there acceptances all summer....they may be waiting to hear back from schools....I know waiting is hard, but stay positive I know you will hear soon.:) :luck: :) :luck: :)

i hope vickie and the admissions committee follows through with their decisions because when i interviewed back in dec., she told me i would know within 2 weeks, 1 month max of my status and you all know that didnt happen. either way, waiting sucks!

I'm so dissappointed now after knowing this

Why is it important to mention "the only black african guy" when you made your statement? was it important that he was black, or is it directly correlating to the number of black africans get in? can you explain.

She mentioned he was the only "black african" guy there cause he was HOT and she was DROOLING!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ok stop that kellybean...before I......lol...I didn't say he was hot,I said he was cute.And that was just just my own opinion...lol..Was anybody there on Saturday?

Okay so Sheri from UACP called me today while I was at work and told me to call her back. When I tried it was too late because the office had closed. Do you guys think she is calling me to schedule an interview in, or what do you think it's all about? I am definitely going to call tomorrow, but I wanted to know if anyone else received a similar call. Thanks for the help!!

my friend got the same call. its for the April 16th interview on Monday. thing is that all the spots are taken as of right now and they are interviewing for the alternate list only. kinda sucks but its late in the game now. good luck to you!

There are already so many people on the alternate list....does anyone know how many they are planning on having total on the alternate list?

i doubt ill be accepted this year.. oh well. theres applying again

Yeah it was interviewing for the alternate list. Does anyone know how long the alternate list is?

Yeah it was interviewing for the alternate list. Does anyone know how long the alternate list is?

i called this morning and sherrie told me she doesnt know how many people are on the alt list. she did tell me there are people still waiting from the december interview

for those that interviewed on 03/31...do u know anybody that has received a letter from UACP about the decision?...I am still waiting to hear from them..

wow, there are still people waiting from dec?! i thought i was it...guess not

I just got a letter that moved me from the hold list to the alternate list...I interviewed on 2/17.

hey, anybody interviewing monday? my friend is going and wants to split the cost of a hotel room if possible. pm me!

This thread is dying...anyone heard anything? :p
Oh well !...I was placed on the alternate list..I was kinda pissed at first but everything happens for a reason...we'll see what happens next..another long wait till august..

This thread is dying...anyone heard anything? :p
Oh well !...I was placed on the alternate list..I was kinda pissed at first but everything happens for a reason...we'll see what happens next..another long wait till august..

do anybody get in from 03/31 interview. They said the class is full after 03/31 interview..why are they making incur expenses to come for another interview in april just to be put on alternate list,hold list or rejection?...I still don't understand..

Does anyone know the total cost of the program, tuition only?

it's around 24k plus...it's on their website...not that bad..Did u get in foraminal?

"Annual tuition and fees for the University of Appalachia College of Pharmacy will be $26,453 for the 2007 - 2008 Academic Year." From the website.

What is annual tuition? 3 semesters per year or 2 semesters per year?
Sounds like 80K for pharmD in 3 years. Not bad considering you get out 1 year ahead of others.

No i did not apply to UACP. Going to Howard. Sigh, did the ED and can't apply elsewhere. Had i known its 80k I would of apply there. Wonder if i can finish my P1 at HU and transfer to UACP during the summer semester and get out by 2010.

3 years is like an extended vacation.
4 years is like a life sentence.

"Wonder if i can finish my P1 at HU and transfer to UACP during the summer semester and get out by 2010."

yeah i dont think you can do that. and i highly doubt uacp will take transfer students. if you start at an insitution, you are going to have to finish it from the beginning on. going to howard first then going to uacp would be like cheating the system..

i hope i hear something from uacp soon *crosses finger*

Finally heard back from UACP and I am on the alternate list. Also on the alternate list for Washington State, so there's lots of waiting in my future!

Finally heard back from UACP and I am on the alternate list. Also on the alternate list for Washington State, so there's lots of waiting in my future!

Did they put you on hold before that?

Yes, I was on hold first.

I heard about being on-hold through e-mail. The letter, if there was one, never came. I e-mailed Vickie Keene around the second week of March to see what was going on since you had all heard back, and she e-mailed me back to say I was on-hold.

what are your stats again jdhwsu?