University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey, looks like i have an interview setup for the dec. 16th date. im going to be flying in to TRI the 15th at around 7 or 8pm. anyone down to share a room/car rental? ill be flying back sun in the morning....

Members don't see this ad.

We actually get a continental breakfast at the interview!! That's awesome! :D

Hey,,,guys...for those who are invited for Dec.2th interview..what are you guys going to do with your family member who came down there for you? I will bring my sister with me but I don't know where she has to stay during my interview. There is nowhere she can go in that area. I am just wondering.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pacific already received 400+ applications (as of 9/10/06) That was for the application being online for 40 days. I would guess that the number has doubled since then - and they only have 4 interview sessions. They invited 40 students for round 1, 40 more for round 2, and the next 2 dates have not yet been announced. I dont think just anyone gets an interview. Getting an interview means you made the first cut. Getting accepted means you made the second. That is a universal idea, one I think every school uses. It would be crazy to invite "everyone" who fills out an app. No school is easy to get into anymore. Good luck to those with interviews, and congrats on making the first cut.

~above~

i totally agreed with you. looking at the schedule for uacp there's a total of 6 hours worth of individual interview. How many people can they actually interview in that time slot? I'll keep you updated on how many people are there for the interview. I can't imagine there being more than 100 people there or they won't be able to accommodate all of us. i hope they didn't ask us to come to interview just so that we'll be encourage to do their supplemental. that would be evil of them since many of us are traveling from far away.

What are our family memebers supposed to do in the cold for the 6 hours that we are doing our interview process? Should i tell them I am a vegetarian, so not to sound greedy...but so i dont starve?

hey everyone,

I originally planned to share carpooling and hotel costs with a group. However, due to last minute changes (congrats on your acceptance to Lecom!!), nicktr23 and I are still looking to form another carpooling/hotel group for the Dec 2nd interview. Let me know if anyone is interested!

We arrive on Friday afternoon at around 7:15ish-PM.

too bad i was late for the dec 2 interview or id jump on that group deal.....anyone else wanna share the expenses for dec. 16th? im so poor after apps...

has anyone finished their supplemental application yet?? i was thinking about taking mine with me to the interview....but i don't know how that will look?? anyone else taking theirs too?? also, i emailed vickie keene, and she said to just write it out on the application instead of putting it on a word document?? i know i saw a previous message saying we could put it on a word document, but now i'm afraid to because of what she said.......

vickie told me to send it in before hand so they have it before the interview

question? how do you reserve an interview? i just replied to the email, but haven't gotten a conformation that my spot is reserved, did any of you a conformatioin?

Hey,,,guys...for those who are invited for Dec.2th interview..what are you guys going to do with your family member who came down there for you? I will bring my sister with me but I don't know where she has to stay during my interview. There is nowhere she can go in that area. I am just wondering.

There is cow tipping. Uh...you could have them drive to Welch, WV or Richlands, VA and go see a movie. I think both are 1-1.5 hours away. Other than that...I think there is a McDonalds...

You folks from Cali are in for some culture shock.....hahaha.

um, is anybody bringing their supp? b/c, i haven't done yet and it would cost likee $15 to express mail that. :p

i'm planning on bringing it with me, so you won't be the only one. I don't want the supplemental to get lost in the mail (that'll be the worst luck). but i don't think they'll have time to look at it even if we mailed it in now considering interviews is in 5 days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone who have interview on Dec. 2 reserve your hotel at comfort Inn?

I'm being paranoid, but did anybody get a conformation that there interview date was confirmed. Because i just replied to the email but didn't get a response.

I havent received a confirmation letter either - my interview is set on the 16th though. And i replied to the email 2 weeks ago.

I'm being paranoid, but did anybody get a conformation that there interview date was confirmed. Because i just replied to the email but didn't get a response.

When is your interview? 2nd or 16th? If it is Dec. 2nd, you should call them tomorrow and see what is going on. I was confirmed by email but I called her before receiving email. Make sure you call them tomorrow (talk to admission office about your situation and unavailability about vickie).

i just finished my supp yesterday, so I'm bringing it with me to the interview =)

i'm planning on bringing it with me, so you won't be the only one. I don't want the supplemental to get lost in the mail (that'll be the worst luck). but i don't think they'll have time to look at it even if we mailed it in now considering interviews is in 5 days.

good point....with my luck, that's something that'll happen to me! and i doubt that they have time to look at it anyways.....so we'll probably just have to turn it in when they review our files.....and also, in our invitation email, they did state that we could send it before or bring it with us......so i guess it shouldn't be a problem.....

Hello...

I have an interview with University of Appalachia on dec 2nd. I just wanted to ask everyone who has an interview on that day...how are you all preparing for the interview? It is my 1st interview and so i am kind of nervous. If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hello,

I also had one more question. Are we supposed to turn in the supplemental when we come in for the interview or can we mail it in after the interview. It is soooooooo long...it is taking me forever to finish it. And..do we type ot out or can it be handwritten? If someone could answer my questions, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

All of this is answered in the above posts. But here it is anyways,

You can mail the supp but you're better off bringing it with you on the interview since they might not have time to read it before hand (or you could do both) --- it must be there at the interview, not later.

You can type or write it by hand, it doesnt matter. If you're sloppy, then opt for the typing.

hey guys,

in this section of the interview process/or part of our schedule for the interview day on the 2nd, is this the part where they ask you questions about why you made X in this class and stuff like that? does anyone know what questions they will ask during this portion??? just curious.....i'd appreciate it if someone would share if they know about it......

thanks!:)

I got quoted $89.00, how did you get $76.00?

Alright Everybody! Let's get a head count of who is definately interested in car pooling and sharing a hotel room. I am flying in Friday December 1st @ 2:25 pm and departing Sunday December 3rd at 7:59am.

I'm 24-Male- From Lubbock Texas
I went ahead and Reserved a Room at the Comfort Inn in GRUNDY for Friday December 1st (Two Queen Beds Non-Smoking) about $76.00 a night. I also Booked One Night in Tri-Cities Kingsport LaQuinta Inn for Saturday Night December 2nd for $60+tax ( Two Beds Non-Smoking and is only 2 miles from the airport!!) I think it's best if we all drove to Grundy the day we arrive and obviously spend the night there. I think it's also best to drive back to Tri-Cities after our interviews and stay the second night in Tri-Cities so that we can catch our flight in time for departure on Sunday. What does everybody think of that? All I have left to book is a rental car!!

My interview date with UACP is also on saturday(Dec 2nd).
I am flying from Maryland thru TRI city airport on friday, driving 2hrs to Grundy, VA. I got my ticket thru expedia for $223.00. My arrival time is 2:25pm. Car for the whole weekend Fri-Sun is about $66.O0, I haven't booked the hotel yet, but i got quoted $89.00 per night.
If anyone is interested in carpooling or sharing a hotel, please IM me.
I am planning to take the supplemental application to the interview.
Good luck everyone and see you on saturday!!!!

Any people knows what we will expect in the interview? I check the website, but it still didn't have much new information. Thanks, guys.

When is your interview? 2nd or 16th? If it is Dec. 2nd, you should call them tomorrow and see what is going on. I was confirmed by email but I called her before receiving email. Make sure you call them tomorrow (talk to admission office about your situation and unavailability about vickie).

Well see i had an interview at the 2nd but it got pushed back to the 16th, and i even called them!.... but i left a message for them because no one was there. So this time i emailed it to ther, however i didn't get any conformation so i'm a little scared. I already booked my ticket so i need to make sure i get the 16th... so everybody got a conformation that a seat was reservered?

My interview date with UACP is also on saturday(Dec 2nd).
I am flying from Maryland thru TRI city airport on friday, driving 2hrs to Grundy, VA. I got my ticket thru expedia for $223.00. My arrival time is 2:25pm. Car for the whole weekend Fri-Sun is about $66.O0, I haven't booked the hotel yet, but i got quoted $89.00 per night.
If anyone is interested in carpooling or sharing a hotel, please IM me.
I am planning to take the supplemental application to the interview.
Good luck everyone and see you on saturday!!!!

Are you from Maryland? I am from Maryland too. Well, I decided to drive there (6 hours) instead of flying because it cost too much money.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone got an email regarding the conformation for Dec 16th. I was pushed back because I didnt reply for the Dec 2nd as I was still debating. Plus i was wondering if anyone is planning to attend the interview from Illinois specifically Chicago??

So is everybody planning to type their supplement on word by copying as paste? I was also wondering is anybody having a hard time answering the supplement questions, they limit you to only 100 words! I like to elaborate and talk more about myself, and i feel that it is very difficult to do it under 100 words. For example they ask about 5 activities you've done that show leadership, i mentioned 3 and i'm already way over the limit.

i think on that question they said to list 5 activities that show leadership. i odn't think they want you to elaborate on them, just list and maybe describe in 10 words or something. just my insight (since the limit is 100 words).

Yes, I am from Maryland. I wanted to drive there at first, but I didn't want to drive 8 hours by myself.
Are you from Maryland? I am from Maryland too. Well, I decided to drive there (6 hours) instead of flying because it cost too much money.

So is everybody planning to type their supplement on word by copying as paste? I was also wondering is anybody having a hard time answering the supplement questions, they limit you to only 100 words! I like to elaborate and talk more about myself, and i feel that it is very difficult to do it under 100 words. For example they ask about 5 activities you've done that show leadership, i mentioned 3 and i'm already way over the limit.

Hello,

YES! i agree...i am not completely done with my supp. application, but i typed it out as a word doc. and probably just going to print and submit that, because I called and they said that was okay. I am having trouble with the word limit and the questions about rural pharmacy and if we plan to study more in teh future...what do u think they are looking for here? I feel like there are too many questions, and I am confused on what to write for some of them. is that only me? :confused:

i'm done, but some of my answers 7-10 more words over the limit, i don't know if thats ok....

dang!!! you guys actually have 100+ words?? i must be slacking because i might not even have half of that........:confused:

dang!!! you guys actually have 100+ words?? i must be slacking because i might not even have half of that........:confused:

me too, when I did the supp, some question, I dont know how to ...make up some answer for these question...lol... I dont think they dont have time to count the words.

Hey, does anybody have room to fit one more person in? I arrive 7:30 Friday and depart 1:50 pm Sunday. thank you. :p

Omoge-"I got quoted $89.00, how did you get $76.00?"-

I actually called them back and told them that I was referred by UACP and then they reduced the price to $76.00.
Omoge-"I got quoted $89.00, how did you get $76.00?"-

I'm a public relations major..I negotiated!

This particular question is confusing. Do they want us to tell them why we will be able to do the PICS program OR why we can't do the PICS program.
HELP!!!!!!

hey laosaint, i didn't know you reserved for that price or i wouldn't have cancel my room reservation. are you gettting the suite or the room with double bed? cause i was quoted 76 also and just cancelled today.

This particular question is confusing. Do they want us to tell them why we will be able to do the PICS program OR why we can't do the PICS program.
HELP!!!!!!

I know what you mean..i think this question is misleading, I am not sure, but u guys can tell me if you agree...but i was going to put something like I do want to educate others about health and wellness, so i will be able to participate in teh PICS program. IS THAT WHAT THEY WANT? or do they want us to propose other possible service ideas aside from PICS? I guess i wasn't much help...but does anyone else have a better idea? :confused:

HELP!!!!!!

I had trouble with this question too, when you first read it, it seems like if you agree with it, you shouldn't have to answer at all. But, when I asked the school this, they said everyone had to answer this question.....so I just said that I agreed with the program....blah blah blah.....hope this helps.....

I had trouble with this question too, when you first read it, it seems like if you agree with it, you shouldn't have to answer at all. But, when I asked the school this, they said everyone had to answer this question.....so I just said that I agreed with the program....blah blah blah.....hope this helps.....

so you jsut said you would not do something different besides the program..and thats why you are not going to suggest another community service thing? I guess it was good that you called teh school.

so you jsut said you would not do something different besides the program..and thats why you are not going to suggest another community service thing? I guess it was good that you called teh school.

yeah, pretty much. my answer just consisted of my opinion of why this was a good experience for the PharmD candidates, and why i thought it was important. did you suggest something different?

i think we were supposed to answer the question by assuming that we couldn't be a good role model. in other words, what other suggestions can we give if we were unsuitable role models? i think they're just looking for more community work options besides preventative care. naturally, everyone will say that they are good role models, so i think the university wants us to answer that question by pretending that we are NOT suitable. did that even make sense?? :confused:

i was under the impression that you didn't have to answer that question at all unless you really feel you can't do their program. And if you can't do what they requested, then you can propose something else to do. Good thing i read your post, damn, another question i have to answer. Sorry to say, but it's a pretty DUMB question or bad wording.

i was under the impression that you didn't have to answer that question at all unless you really feel you can't do their program. And if you can't do what they requested, then you can propose something else to do. Good thing i read your post, damn, another question i have to answer. Sorry to say, but it's a pretty DUMB question or bad wording.

i don't know, i guess you could look at it that way.......but it says " if you cannot serve as a role model in this preventative health care program and desire a community service project other than educating others in preventative health......what would you suggest in place of this?"

i took this to mean "if you can't do this community service, then what do you want to do instead to make up these hours?":confused:

i guess we should just ask, so we can all fix it before we turn it in on saturday, huh? :luck:

I think the questions is asking if you can't do the service and be a good role model to give a suggestion to your problem. But if you can do both then thats great and that you have to answer it. I'm pretty sure you can say that you can do both and be fine with it.

Thanks for this information, it really helped. I guess I have one more question to answer. damn!!!!!