University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed in january and i got a letter saying i was put on hold. i hope im accepted. this waiting is nuts. anyone know anything about the hold right now? how many people are on hold such and such? vicky told me they have admissions meetings every 2 weeks. so i guess ill have to wait another 2 weeks. if you dont mind me asking, those who were accepted, what are your stats? thanks

plus how long do people have to send in their deposits?

GPA: 3.3 (overall)
3.8 (Science)
PCAT: 89

still half full? when i interviewed in january, she said it was half full. then a wave of acceptances went out.. and its still half full? is it safe to say a lot of people are turning the acceptance down?

and kellybean, what do you mean wait until march..

Members don't see this ad :)
Jessly56 :

what was your pcat score and gpa?

I emailed Vickie Keene and she wrote back on the same day. She told me that the only interview date for February is the 17th. The class is approximately 1/2 full and they are expecting 65 students and there will be AT LEAST 2 more interview dates. They've interviewed approximately 150 students already. It seems as if they've offered a lot of acceptance letters to students, but those students end up going somewhere else.

Darn it!! Now I have to wait until March!!! That is a long wait.

How many students are at each interview dates?? It almost seems that if there are only a few interview dates left and still half the class to fill...that would make your chances ...well better!!!

For December interview dates, it was 35-40 students each time. But for the January ones, I heard it was approximately 50 students each time. It seems as if they don't reject that many students, but the students "reject" them, at least the ones that got accepted to many other schools.

Well, even though they have half a class left to fill, but that's only 30 students and they will interview at least 100 more!!!

Of all the people on this website that applied there so far, I think only 1 or 2 that didn't get accepted. A lot of people are turning the acceptance down. I think it has a lot to do with the school's location. I sent my application in really late , end of January and since the next interview date is 2/17. That means I would have to wait at least until March to get an interview. That's a long wait.

Don't worry Jessly cause someone got in with a 2.5 last year. I think that if you keep calling them or emailing them and bothering them, it might help..lol..According to Vickie, the class is only 1/2 full and she emailed me today. So I don't know.

Do you have decent GPA and PCAT score Jessly?

By the way, I think it's easier to get information out of them via email than via phone. I wasn't able to get anything out of them when I called them, but whenever I email them, I always get my questions answered.

Don't give up hope...you could still get an interview for the 17th!!! my friend just got his email yesterday.

For December interview dates, it was 35-40 students each time. But for the January ones, I heard it was approximately 50 students each time. It seems as if they don't reject that many students, but the students "reject" them, at least the ones that got accepted to many other schools.

Well, even though they have half a class left to fill, but that's only 30 students and they will interview at least 100 more!!!

eeeeekkk...ok Im officially scared again!! ; (

Don't be. At least you got an interview invitation. Someone just told me that Vickie told her that they won't interview anymore after February. How is that possible when the deadline is March 1st? Now I'm all nervous. Need to bother Vickie again tomorrow.

As long as we are waiting to hear from UACP, we will keep this thread alive..lol..

Don't give up hope...you could still get an interview for the 17th!!! my friend just got his email yesterday.

If I dont hear from them tomorrow, that means I wont be in that interview group since it is too close to the interview date. Let's hope she will send me an email tomorrow.

Don't be. At least you got an interview invitation. Someone just told me that Vickie told her that they won't interview anymore after February. How is that possible when the deadline is March 1st? Now I'm all nervous. Need to bother Vickie again tomorrow.

As long as we are waiting to hear from UACP, we will keep this thread alive..lol..

WAIT, WAIT!! So if this Feb 17th interview is the last one...they would almost have to let everyone on that date in right?? or so it seems??

WAIT, WAIT!! So if this Feb 17th interview is the last one...they would almost have to let everyone on that date in right?? or so it seems??

I don't think this Feb 17th is the last one since the deadline is March 1st. I need to email Vickie to clarify this. For January, they interviewed ~60 students. 50 for 1/27 and 10 for 1/23. I think it depends on how fill the class is before they decide on the next interview date. Let's think on the positive side...this will all be over sooooooon...I'm gonna need a long vacation after this (only if I get accepted).

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think this Feb 17th is the last one since the deadline is March 1st. I need to email Vickie to clarify this. For January, they interviewed ~60 students. 50 for 1/27 and 10 for 1/23. I think it depends on how fill the class is before they decide on the next interview date. Let's think on the positive side...this will all be over sooooooon...I'm gonna need a long vacation after this (only if I get accepted).

I can't wait til its over!!! I am so nervous now, I can't wait to have my life back... not waiting on calls and emails from pharmacy schools. I just emailed Vickie hopefully she will email me back- I asked if that is the last date, and how many people are scheduled on that date. Hopefully she will tell me, when I called the school didn't give me much info, i'm hoping that as you said "email works better". And I agree with you that many students that get into other schools take that option..which is why they have interviewed so many students...this is almost a backup plan for students with better stats. I can handle the location I am originally from a really, really small town...plus there will be so much studying it may almost be better not to have lots of distractions! Where do you go to school again?

no worries guys, most of the people that got accepted probably dropped their acceptances, leaving more spaces open. even if you got waitlisted, more than likely, they will accept you at the end of interviews, then do another interview session.....stay positive!!!

Vickie still hasn't gotten back to me...did you hear from her??

Do they consider the class half filled because that many people already sent in their deposit...or do they consider it half full because that many people have not called and told UACP that they are choosing to attend another pharmacy school??

Nope, I haven't heard back from her today. She is normally really fast. She used to write me back and forth 3-4 times a day. I had a lot of prerequisite questions, but now she's ignoring me..lol..

I think the class is half-filled based on how many students sent in their $1000 deposit. I don't know why they're so secretive about it.

Nope, I haven't heard back from her today. She is normally really fast. She used to write me back and forth 3-4 times a day. I had a lot of prerequisite questions, but now she's ignoring me..lol..

I think the class is half-filled based on how many students sent in their $1000 deposit. I don't know why they're so secretive about it.

I still havent heard anything...she must be sick of questions!!

I still havent heard anything...she must be sick of questions!!

I bet with the number of applicants received and even if a quarter were to ask questions it would get to be a headache. I know a couple of people I asked questions of so far have been in a rather annoyed mood. Just keep pestering though, it is their job to help :)

I finally got a reply...they will be having another interview in March, but the date has not yet been selected. She said that they invite 80 or so students to each interview, but usually 45-50 show. Hope this helps!

Still haven't heard from back Vickie. It's official. She is ignoring me for good..lol

Wow...i didn't know they invite that many and a lot of people don't even show up. That is sooo great!!! That should make you feel a little bit better collegegirl.

Still haven't heard from back Vickie. It's official. She is ignoring me for good..lol

Wow...i didn't know they invite that many and a lot of people don't even show up. That is sooo great!!! That should make you feel a little bit better collegegirl.

It does make me feel better!! Actually Vickie is not the one who wrote back to me, so maybe she has been out, or just passing questions on to somebody else to answer. Her name is Sherrie Baldwin [email protected] I think if you email her with questions she will get back to you sooner.

I wrote an email this morning asking if they are still sending out interview invitations for 2/17, then Sherri called me this afternoon. She told me that she was looking at my application and it seems as if I wasn't going to be able to finish my Anatomy and Physiology requirement. I told her that I had emailed Vickie about it and we had worked out some agreement. Sherri then told me to fax all the emails to her and to wait by my email :) If I don't get an email by 4:30, I'll call her cause I don't want to spend my weekend wondering.

I can't wait till March. So I am hoping that she will send me an invitation after reviewing my application. Persistent or thick skin is a good thing after all...lol...

But it was Vickie who wrote me back this morning asking if I used a different name to write her an email yesterday she can't find my name, and yes..I did use a different name for that email, didn't think it would matter.

I wrote an email this morning asking if they are still sending out interview invitations for 2/17, then Sherri called me this afternoon. She told me that she was looking at my application and it seems as if I wasn't going to be able to finish my Anatomy and Physiology requirement. I told her that I had emailed Vickie about it and we had worked out some agreement. Sherri then told me to fax all the emails to her and to wait by my email :) If I don't get an email by 4:30, I'll call her cause I don't want to spend my weekend wondering.

I can't wait till March. So I am hoping that she will send me an invitation after reviewing my application. Persistent or thick skin is a good thing after all...lol...

But it was Vickie who wrote me back this morning asking if I used a different name to write her an email yesterday she can't find my name, and yes..I did use a different name for that email, didn't think it would matter.

I wrote the same email to vickie and she said that as long as SOON after I was accepted, If would be able to provide proof that I finished my physics requirements, then I would be fine. I would not be done with my physics requirements until 6/20/07 and I believe the posted date that they wanted everything done by was 6/1/07. Reguardless, she emailed me back saying it was fine. I really hope that you get an email and that you get an interview. I am in the same boat as you and if she says that you wont finish your requirements in time then I won't be able to either!!! Let me know asap what she says. GOOD LUCK!!! And yes, thick skin at this point shows that you reallllllllly want an interview!!! And that is certainly a lot more then they can say for most the other people the invite!

OMG...thick skin does pay off. I couldnt wait until 4:30 to call them, so I emailed them at 3:30, got a reply back right away inviting me for an interview 2/17. Yay!!!! I'm sooooooooo happy.

OMG...thick skin does pay off. I couldnt wait until 4:30 to call them, so I emailed them at 3:30, got a reply back right away inviting me for an interview 2/17. Yay!!!! I'm sooooooooo happy.

YESSSSSS!!!! Goood for you, i'm excited that we get to meet! lol What are you going to wear?, I don't want to be too over the top since it is in a laid back and in the middle of no where!! I don't want to seem like a fashionista when it is a conservative area...they will think that I dont fit in...but I can tell now this town is gonna be just like where I grew up in Buffalo, New York. But I live in ft. lauderdale now so obviously my life is quite different from that now!!!! Where do you live again??

I think it's best to wear a suit (dark color of course). I think I'll wear a black suit. I still cannot believe what just happened. It was really unexpected. I knew they wouldn't send out anymore invitations since it is too close to the interview date, and I didn't think by sending them that email would help get me one.

I'm gonna need to explain why I dropped A&P TWICE especially it's a requirement. I took A&P 3, and still have 1 and 2 to take. I just didn't like the teacher and I didn't realize it was a prerequisite for UACP or else I would have just taken that C instead of dropping the course. This is gonna look bad...yikes.

I'm from Ohio...so it will be 6 hours drive for me!!! Darn...I hope I won't get lost. I am so bad with directions.

I think it's best to wear a suit (dark color of course). I think I'll wear a black suit. I still cannot believe what just happened. It was really unexpected. I knew they wouldn't send out anymore invitations since it is too close to the interview date, and I didn't think by sending them that email would help get me one.

I'm gonna need to explain why I dropped A&P TWICE especially it's a requirement. I took A&P 3, and still have 1 and 2 to take. I just didn't like the teacher and I didn't realize it was a prerequisite for UACP or else I would have just taken that C instead of dropping the course. This is gonna look bad...yikes.

I'm from Ohio...so it will be 6 hours drive for me!!! Darn...I hope I won't get lost. I am so bad with directions.

Well, I am droping physics 1 now which means that I will have to take physics 1 and 2 this summer. I had pneumonia all of January so I missed all my physics classes and labs and therefore I have to drop it!! ; ( So I will have to explain that situation to them as well...not good! Do you think that it has to be physics 1 and 2 or just as long as it is 8 credits worth of college physics?? Because if that is the case...I will take physics 1 and applied physics!!.... When will you be done with your A+P classes??? and don't feel bad this is gonna be a 14 hours drive for me!! I am going with my dad...which makes it better, but still way too long!! lol

your words of encouragement about being a pest helped me feel that I should do the same thing. I was scared like others on here to read that this next interview might be the last and I got zero response.

Best of luck to both of you :)

your words of encouragement about being a pest helped me feel that I should do the same thing. I was scared like others on here to read that this next interview might be the last and I got zero response.

Best of luck to both of you :)

You definitely should. Send them an email over the weekend and then they might send you an invitation on Monday. I think it is just too late for them to send those invitations out for 2/17, but if they know that you really want it, they'll give it to you. On my email, I asked if they are sending out anymore invitations for 2/17 because I am getting anxious!!! Yup. I told them I was anxious! I got right to the point. I didn't even ask if they are going to have interview in March or whatever.

At least you only dropped it once. I dropped it twice!!! I was really sick the second time I dropped it and I didn't want a C. At least I took A&P 3 already and did really well. At least it shows that I can do well in it!!! Yikes!! 14 hours for you?? I'm gonna try to get there early on Friday and then drive to the school from the hotel. Just to know sure.

I think it would have to be Physics 1&2, not just any of them. Because applied physics and physics 1 might cover the same materials. I dont think it would work. But don't ask me. Ask Vickie and save all of the emails. I am so glad that UACP lets students complete their prerequisites in the summer even though it states on their site that it has to be done by June 1st! I think my school offers 3-week and 5-week and 10-week courses in the summer. I just hope A&P 1 is offered the first 3 weeks or else I'm screwed. If they don't, I might have to take it at a different school since next quarter, they only offer A&P 2 and not A&P1 or else I can just complete everything by then. I didn't even have a letter from a pharmacist and Sherri didn't even say anything about it. If I knew this, I would have applied last year. I could have completed all the prerequisites for the school. I've been taking courses that they don't even require.

I hope to see you there. This weekend I need to pratice answering questions in front of the mirror. I get nervous and I forget everything..lol..I was even nervous when I talked to Sherri this morning..hahah

Did she give you a deadline of when you had to be done with your classes...or did she just say that taking them over the summer is fine?? I am worried that my school too will offer physics 1 then physics 2 and in that case I won't be done with both until late july!!! I don't know if they will allow that!! Anways, I emailed about which physics they require...I am praying that they will accept applied physics because then I can take both physics 1/ and applied at the same time and be done with all of these class by the end of June. I am so sick of classes already!! AFTER THAT IT IS TIME FOR A SERIOUS VACATION!!!!!!

I am really hoping that the interview goes smooth. As long as I dont get super nervous I wont panic and mess up!!! I am hoping that they are welcoming and easy to talk to!! It would be nice to be in the 1st interview group so we can just get it over with. If not we will be there all day worrying and anticipating it until like 1 or 2pm!! That would suck.

Did she give you a deadline of when you had to be done with your classes...or did she just say that taking them over the summer is fine?? I am worried that my school too will offer physics 1 then physics 2 and in that case I won't be done with both until late july!!! I don't know if they will allow that!! Anways, I emailed about which physics they require...I am praying that they will accept applied physics because then I can take both physics 1/ and applied at the same time and be done with all of these class by the end of June. I am so sick of classes already!! AFTER THAT IT IS TIME FOR A SERIOUS VACATION!!!!!!

I am really hoping that the interview goes smooth. As long as I dont get super nervous I wont panic and mess up!!! I am hoping that they are welcoming and easy to talk to!! It would be nice to be in the 1st interview group so we can just get it over with. If not we will be there all day worrying and anticipating it until like 1 or 2pm!! That would suck.

Darn it...I wrote you back, then when I tried to send it, the internet was not working and I was at work. I'm home now and trying to recall what I wrote to you earlier.

For my school, we go by quarter system, and spring quarter starts March 26 and I will be done June 7th. I would still have to take that A&P course in the summer. If it is a 3-week course, then I can finish it by early July and have my transcript sent in Mid July. Vickie told me that as long as I have it in by Mid July it would be ok with her. When I talked to Sherri this morning, she was surprised. She told me that I needed everything in by June 1st. I faxed her all of the emails and now I have an interview. I don't know what I will do just yet. I don't know if I should take both of them at a different school spring quarter and be done with it. But then I would have to worry about transferring financial aid and stuff. Spring quarter for me doesn't start until late March, so I have a lot of time to figure it out since the rejection/acceptance letter will be mailed out 2 weeks after the interview. You should petition to take both physics courses at the same time. UACP is not bad about it like LECOM. LECOM is very strict about completing the prerequisites.

I really want to be in the first group of the interview too. I dont want to be nervous the whole day.

I want to be there early on Friday and be familiar with the town.

Darn it...I wrote you back, then when I tried to send it, the internet was not working and I was at work. I'm home now and trying to recall what I wrote to you earlier.

For my school, we go by quarter system, and spring quarter starts March 26 and I will be done June 7th. I would still have to take that A&P course in the summer. If it is a 3-week course, then I can finish it by early July and have my transcript sent in Mid July. Vickie told me that as long as I have it in by Mid July it would be ok with her. When I talked to Sherri this morning, she was surprised. She told me that I needed everything in by June 1st. I faxed her all of the emails and now I have an interview. I don't know what I will do just yet. I don't know if I should take both of them at a different school spring quarter and be done with it. But then I would have to worry about transferring financial aid and stuff. Spring quarter for me doesn't start until late March, so I have a lot of time to figure it out since the rejection/acceptance letter will be mailed out 2 weeks after the interview. You should petition to take both physics courses at the same time. UACP is not bad about it like LECOM. LECOM is very strict about completing the prerequisites.

I really want to be in the first group of the interview too. I dont want to be nervous the whole day.

I want to be there early on Friday and be familiar with the town.

Do you think that I need to talk with Sherrie about what Vickie said?? Should I send her the emails that say its ok if im done by mid-July?? ohhhh what a pain!!! I'm gonna be there on Friday as well to scope it out!! I wonder if they are gonna post the schedule on the webpage, they have for all of the other interviews....Its comming up so soon 1 week...i'm getting so nervous!! ahhhhh

Do you think that I need to talk with Sherrie about what Vickie said?? Should I send her the emails that say its ok if im done by mid-July?? ohhhh what a pain!!! I'm gonna be there on Friday as well to scope it out!! I wonder if they are gonna post the schedule on the webpage, they have for all of the other interviews....Its comming up so soon 1 week...i'm getting so nervous!! ahhhhh

Sherri is more like Vickie's assistant. It is really up to Vickie to decide. After Sherri called me today, she had to wait for Vickie to get out of the meeting to show the emails to Vickie. I don't think you should worry about the courses now. Let's just focus on preparing for the interview, then after the interview, worry about completing all the courses. I still need to take speech. My school offers 3 QUARTER credit hours. UACP requires 3 SEMESTER credit hours or 4 QUARTER credit hours. I don't want to take 2 speech courses. Goshh..I just don't like to speak in front of people.

They will post the schedule mid-next week on their website under News & Events. I just looked at the Grundy Hotel Inn online. I don't know which one to book. Which one did you book? The cheapest is $76.49 and it's for seniors only. So I guess I need to book for the next cheapest one which is $84.99. I heard you can get a discount if you told them that the school referred you.

Sherri is more like Vickie's assistant. It is really up to Vickie to decide. After Sherri called me today, she had to wait for Vickie to get out of the meeting to show the emails to Vickie. I don't think you should worry about the courses now. Let's just focus on preparing for the interview, then after the interview, worry about completing all the courses. I still need to take speech. My school offers 3 QUARTER credit hours. UACP requires 3 SEMESTER credit hours or 4 QUARTER credit hours. I don't want to take 2 speech courses. Goshh..I just don't like to speak in front of people.

They will post the schedule mid-next week on their website under News & Events. I just looked at the Grundy Hotel Inn online. I don't know which one to book. Which one did you book? The cheapest is $76.49 and it's for seniors only. So I guess I need to book for the next cheapest one which is $84.99. I heard you can get a discount if you told them that the school referred you.

I remember reading in another UACP forum somebody said that if you mention the school you get a cheaper rate....just mention that you are visiting UACP for your interview and they should give you a discount. I know that I shouldnt worry about these classes right now...its hard not to though!! I am a very social person and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE talking, but I hated my public speaking class. When its casual I could do it all day, but when its formal and I have to stand in front of a big group of people and talk...I hate it! Is there maybe a community college near you that offers a 3 credit public speaking class.... that may be easier than taking 2 classes and this way you dont have to worry about financial aid and all!!

If I get accepted, then I wouldn't mind taking 2 speech courses. I am a very social person also. I could talk all day, but there is just something about talking in front of a group of people...yikes!!

When I took physics 3, we had to do a presentation about our fields and how they relate to physics. My presentation was on radiopharmaceutical. He wanted us to do 50 minutes presentation. The longest presentation was 30 minutes and I did mine in 25 minutes. I was soooooo nervous that I forgot what I wanted to say. But I still cannot believe I stood there for 25 minutes!! I'll just suck it up and do what I have to do.

The thing I worried most before today was to get an interview. Now I worry about the interview. After the interview, I'll worry about getting accepted. After that, I'll worry about completing my prerequisites and then financial aid and then a place to live. Then I will worry about passing the courses in pharmacy school..hahaha...it never ends.

Don't worry about the courses now because if we don't get in, then it won't matter.

If I get accepted, then I wouldn't mind taking 2 speech courses. I am a very social person also. I could talk all day, but there is just something about talking in front of a group of people...yikes!!

When I took physics 3, we had to do a presentation about our fields and how they relate to physics. My presentation was on radiopharmaceutical. He wanted us to do 50 minutes presentation. The longest presentation was 30 minutes and I did mine in 25 minutes. I was soooooo nervous that I forgot what I wanted to say. But I still cannot believe I stood there for 25 minutes!! I'll just suck it up and do what I have to do.

The thing I worried most before today was to get an interview. Now I worry about the interview. After the interview, I'll worry about getting accepted. After that, I'll worry about completing my prerequisites and then financial aid and then a place to live. Then I will worry about passing the courses in pharmacy school..hahaha...it never ends.

Don't worry about the courses now because if we don't get in, then it won't matter.

HAHA...yes very true the worrying never ends...I guess thats life, thats why there are ups and downs. It will be a big up if we get in, and soon after it will be a big down when we are cramming for tests.... Its funny that you say that because we are talking like we are getting in...actually there is a big chance that we wont get in...actually its probally 50/50 and thats well, scary! I guess all we can do is relax and do our best...there is always next year!

p.s. people must not like us..I think that we are the only survivors of this forum lol!!!

p.s. people must not like us..I think that we are the only survivors of this forum lol!!!

After we get in, we won't be in here anymore. You see those people that kept posting everyday before us? Once they got in, they just well...stopped...haha

how was the interview today? how many people showed? did they say what was going to happen next? thanks!

40 was scheduled for the interview, and I think a few didn't show up. I was told that they will have another interview in March, and depending on how many people still apply from now till the deadline, there might be another interview in April. It's either that or they start pulling people from the waitlist. So you might not hear from them until April. It sucks to have to wait that long. What did you think of the town Jessly?

I gave up my seat so someone on the wait list will get called!

40 was scheduled for the interview, and I think a few didn't show up. I was told that they will have another interview in March, and depending on how many people still apply from now till the deadline, there might be another interview in April. It's either that or they start pulling people from the waitlist. So you might not hear from them until April. It sucks to have to wait that long. What did you think of the town Jessly?

i thought the town was especially small. nothing im used to. but thats ok. i think i can learn a lot from going there as well as give a little. so kelly bean, by your opinion, how many people were there?

i thought the town was especially small. nothing im used to. but thats ok. i think i can learn a lot from going there as well as give a little. so kelly bean, by your opinion, how many people were there?

Maybe 35?? I think a lot of people were really shocked to see the town. I know I was. My phone didn't even work there. I was so lost and was so scared. I don't even know how I got so lost. Don't worry, you'll hear from them soon.

Maybe 35?? I think a lot of people were really shocked to see the town. I know I was. My phone didn't even work there. I was so lost and was so scared. I don't even know how I got so lost. Don't worry, you'll hear from them soon.

yeah i got lost too when i got to.. whats that town called... claypool? yeah. the signs are soooo small. i didnt know i was suppose to turn at the lowe's so i kept going for about 30 minutes. its really scary to drive at night. however, driving back to the airport during the day, not so much. i was more shocked when my cell didnt work anywhere. i was especially scared when i saw the coal mines at the turn around one of the mountains.

I think the law school is in Grundy and the college of pharmacy is in Oakwood. And I think they're building a Walmart in between the two. So that's good!!!

I've never been so lost in my life. When I drove back last night, it was snowing and it was soooo dark and these trucks were driving so fast that I kept thinking, "OMG...I'm gonna fall off the bridge"..lol

If you move there, you have to get Verizon and there is no wireless internet. Some areas don't even have high speed internet. But housing is very cheap.

Another cell phone company that works in the area is appalachian wireless. You might want to look at them if you decide to go to school there.

I think the law school is in Grundy and the college of pharmacy is in Oakwood. And I think they're building a Walmart in between the two. So that's good!!!

I've never been so lost in my life. When I drove back last night, it was snowing and it was soooo dark and these trucks were driving so fast that I kept thinking, "OMG...I'm gonna fall of the bridge"..lol

If you move there, you have to get Verizon and there is no wireless internet. Some areas don't even have high speed internet. But housing is very cheap.

the associate dean, the one who interviewed me, said "i dont care if you have a super phone, no cell phone will work here" and by here she meant the college of pharmacy. i have sprint. i use the roam feature on my phone and it works in grundy but not oakwood. i dont know about the internet. i guess it was slow when i was in the hotel. so kellybean, where are you from?

for those who go there and are thinking of buying a car.. im thinking youre gonna have to buy one from a dealer there. no foreign cars unfortunately. i mean, think about it. if your toyota breaks down, whos going to fix it if it is a foreign car...? at least those are my thoughts. the most important think when buying a car is to think of your mechanic :p i hope i wont have to drive as much.. i know i know.. there is no public transportation. in fact, i dont think ive even seen people walking. if i go there, i hope we can carpool!

this brings me to another thing. people notice how many fastfood joints they have? wow! i think that contributed majorly to the health issues in the area. everything is fried