University of Arizona c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats ! See you all during orientation where I get to give you guys a fun mini lecture ;)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Status page. I've been hitting F5 about 1000 times a day, even into the evening, and despite not expecting anything until later in the week, I kept doing it today anyway. And one time I hit it my screen unexpectedly changed to "Congratulations."

My wife is on a flight back from a business trip to DC. When she lands I'm picking her up wearing a brand new UofA t-shirt and we'll see if she notices. :laugh:

Then off to dinner with friends. Odds are they'll also notice the giant "A" on my chest.

Waitlisted.....guess Ill try again next year.

Members don't see this ad :)

Don't give up yet. One student from my class was waitlisted, and accepted off the wait list one week before classes started.

Based on years past, they pull a significant number of people from the waitlist. Don't worry. People will decline acceptance and they will move down the list. Could happen faster than you think. Don't resign yet.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations everyone else in the class of 2016 :D

in alternate list at the U of A so sad! i tried my best. i guess i will try next year..

Don't lose faith. i'm a reapplicant x2 (placed on alternate list). this cycle i spoke with admissions and they told me they had no idea what really happened and why i was not accepted. but she did mention weak letters, and pcat was not the best. i reapplied with same pcat but with better letters, experience, and degree. just keep in contact with them, and continue to add on to your application with things that will make you a stand out candidate. :luck:

After trying back in 2007 and being waitlisted, I have worked to increase my qualifications of getting into the program - only to be waitlisted yet again!!! I am so upset right now. I have two years as a pharmacy tech in a retail setting and three as a clinical lab scientist at a hospital. I have gained a great perspective for treatment methods as they are largely based on the lab results that I produced! How is this possible?

Back then, it was suggested I finish my bachelors. I did, with flying colors. I also gained real world experience in patient diagnosis/treatment and increased my PCAT scores!!! Why is this happening? :scared:

Even my interviewer said he didn't see how I wouldn't get in as he did not see much left for me to improve! I don't understand what more I need to do?:confused: :(

:boom::help:

Yeah, I am also not really sure what I can improve either.

After trying back in 2007 and being waitlisted, I have worked to increase my qualifications of getting into the program - only to be waitlisted yet again!!! I am so upset right now. I have two years as a pharmacy tech in a retail setting and three as a clinical lab scientist at a hospital. I have gained a great perspective for treatment methods as they are largely based on the lab results that I produced! How is this possible?

Back then, it was suggested I finish my bachelors. I did, with flying colors. I also gained real world experience in patient diagnosis/treatment and increased my PCAT scores!!! Why is this happening? :scared:

Even my interviewer said he didn't see how I wouldn't get in as he did not see much left for me to improve! I don't understand what more I need to do?:confused: :(

call marty ! i called her after the interview day... and she was able to pull up my previous application and possibly notes . only she would be able to point out the weaknesses and strengths of your application and what they are looking for in a candidate. could be GPA, or letters of rec...

oh and i'd like to add: the essay that was required to be written on day of interview is also really important as marty had mentioned to me.

Omg!!!! Accepted while I am out of the country! Lolol ahhh :soexcited:so excited!:

Members don't see this ad :)
It was also a bit disturbing to see that my transcripts from two of the schools I attended weren't entered into the sytsem as of this morning. I was told not to worry about it unless I got notified, which I didn't. So I didn't worry.

call marty ! i called her after the interview day... and she was able to pull up my previous application and possibly notes . only she would be able to point out the weaknesses and strengths of your application and what they are looking for in a candidate. could be GPA, or letters of rec...

oh and i'd like to add: the essay that was required to be written on day of interview is also really important as marty had mentioned to me.

I understand that the impromptu essay is to gauge one's literacy and ability to formulate an essay on the fly. However, when does that ability come in to play in the career world is my arguement? I have been in urgent situations at my job needing me to be able to "react" with great ability to help save peoples lives. Having the abiltiy to react professionaly in stressful situations I could understand.

Pharmacy is my passion and my career goal. I have been working towards it for several years now. For now I will set up a time to speak with Marty, and wait and hope to get accepted or apply next year.

Status .............. Admitted !!!!:soexcited::banana::wow::clap::highfive::biglove:

I'm so proud of myself I could barf. :barf:

I understand that the impromptu essay is to gauge one's literacy and ability to formulate an essay on the fly. However, when does that ability come in to play in the career world is my arguement? I have been in urgent situations at my job needing me to be able to "react" with great ability to help save peoples lives. Having the abiltiy to react professionaly in stressful situations I could understand.

Pharmacy is my passion and my career goal. I have been working towards it for several years now. For now I will set up a time to speak with Marty, and wait and hope to get accepted or apply next year.

Can imagine how frustrating this is for you--I can't imagine why they would reject someone with so much pharm tech experience. Hang in there! I might be giving up my seat, and it'll be good news for one of you in any case.

To everyone who's been accepted -- congrats!!! You know you've been on facebook for too long when you try to "like" everyone's acceptance post :)

hi everyone i'm trying to create a facebook group but i need to add at least one person in the group. please message me thanks!

Accepted!!! I look forward to meeting everyone who's been accepted!

Perhaps they didn't like the time gap from the 2007 try to now. You never mentioned what your PCAT scores or GPA was. Have you done any mock interviews to find out if you have some horrible habits? Is your handwriting legible? If UofA is the only school you applied to over the past half decade, then the passion you claim to have may not really be there. Or maybe its simply that they don't think you sent them your transcripts.

For those people who will be joining me in the class of 2016 :D my roommate is moving out this summer so if you are looking for a place to stay send me a message (females only please). I have a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment within walking/biking distance of campus. Rent would be $467/mo plus electric (usually less than $30 per person).

Once again...congrats everyone!!!!!

I got accepted the day before my birthday! Best present ever!

Just got the acceptance letter a few days ago!
How many of you got or getting a bachelor's degree??
And those of you who applied to midwestern and accepted.. what are you leaning towards more???
We need to start a facebook page

I spoke with Marty today about being put on the waitlist. She was in shock and was at a loss at the fact that I did not get in. She had no idea what to tell me other than wait it out and hope for the best. However, she did say that this was the most competitive applicant pool she has seen for a long time....something like over 60% of accepted students had degrees, avg science GPA was almost 3.7, 80 chemistry PCAT subscore on average, and more. She was trying to figure out what was holding me back, but had said I had scored higher than the avg in every category including the interview.

No idea what is going on.

I spoke with Marty today about being put on the waitlist. She was in shock and was at a loss at the fact that I did not get in. She had no idea what to tell me other than wait it out and hope for the best. However, she did say that this was the most competitive applicant pool she has seen for a long time....something like over 60% of accepted students had degrees, avg science GPA was almost 3.7, 80 chemistry PCAT subscore on average, and more. She was trying to figure out what was holding me back, but had said I had scored higher than the avg in every category including the interview.

No idea what is going on.

LORs?

Just got the acceptance letter a few days ago!
How many of you got or getting a bachelor's degree??
And those of you who applied to midwestern and accepted.. what are you leaning towards more???
We need to start a facebook page

I have a B/S in biochemistry.

I'm leaning more towards UofA due to better tuition and more opportunities.

We have a fb page already: https://www.facebook.com/groups/235667153190412/ :)

Anyone else a bit concerned about their clearance cards? It says we have until April 20th to get it but according to the website, it can take 5-8 weeks just for us to receive the card AFTER we send in the information. Sounds like I'll be cutting it really close. :( I'm ordering my application first thing tomorrow morning.

hi! i ordered mine yesterday i was on the phone for like 20minsss! :( lol i think they just send you an application right?..

hi! i ordered mine yesterday i was on the phone for like 20minsss! :( lol i think they just send you an application right?..

I'm tempted to just drive over there to personally get the application if they're sending it by mail. Are they sending yours by mail, fax, or email? Please say email.

its via snail mail....................... :thumbdown:

its via snail mail....................... :thumbdown:

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and ask if I can pick up the application. I'll save them a stamp!

Do you know people in the program already?

Do any of the faculty know you?

Something doesn't sound right to me.

Nope, nope.

She told me she was going to speak with people and find out if it was a computer error.

For any anxious students who haven't called to get their clearance card applications, they do allow you to pick it up at 2320 N. 20 Avenue in Phoenix.

Some possibilities for those who didn't get in...

1) Did you use your cell phone (for any reason) during the interview process. If so, this is why you didn't get in. This is a big one.... check a text, get rejected.
2) Do you have a facebook page full of drunken party pictures?
3) Did you wear a brown suit? This is supposedly the worst color for interviews.
4) Is your handwriting (on the essay) messy?
5) Did you leave before the reception ended?
6) Did you fail to engage with other students and faculty during your tour?
7) Did you speak badly of anyone or anything during the day. (ex: put down another school)
8) Were you unfriendly with the receptionist at any time?
9) Have you said anything on this thread that is questionable?
10) Did you babble endlessly about wanting to help people during the actual interview?

Do you happen to have a link to the course descriptions and/or the elective courses offered? Thanks.

8) Were you unfriendly with the receptionist at any time?

Ha...you know, I never thought of that one being a possible reason, but now that you point it out...it's very true.

So has anyone started to look into living arrangements or have any suggestions on where to start? I'm hoping to keep living expenses as low as possible being that I have a mortgage in Chandler and intend to travel home on weekends whenever possible, and not being familiar with the area around UofA I'm wondering where to begin my search. If I live with roommates, I'd prefer living with students in the same curriculum for built-in study partners and an inherent understanding of the time commitment necessary to succeed.

Do you happen to have a link to the course descriptions and/or the elective courses offered? Thanks.

You'll do compounding in pharmaceutics lab throughout first year. email marty to send the elective list. It's long. If you find electives in other departments or not on the list, you just have to fill out a form. It's pretty flexible as long as it's the graduate section of the course. Some took electives in public health, some in sports medicine. Options are all over the place.

So has anyone started to look into living arrangements or have any suggestions on where to start? I'm hoping to keep living expenses as low as possible being that I have a mortgage in Chandler and intend to travel home on weekends whenever possible, and not being familiar with the area around UofA I'm wondering where to begin my search. If I live with roommates, I'd prefer living with students in the same curriculum for built-in study partners and an inherent understanding of the time commitment necessary to succeed.

Has marty posted the roommate list yet on the portal? I'll keep an eye out on our listserv. I don't know much about apartments but I do know you should stay north of campus or live in the sam hughes area. North of river road has the nicest area or west of silverbell road in the communities near tucson mountain.

Has anyone received their fingerprint card yet?

I have my fingerprint card (with fingerprints on it) ready to be mailed out. When you call DPS to obtain them, you will notice that they are really cranky on the phone.

Me: "Hello, I would like to apply for a fingerprint clearnace card."
DPS: "Why?!?"
Me: "It's part of my application for Pharmacy school"
DPS: "Who told you to do that? What school?"

Etc.

Then you have to go to a fingerprint service to get your prints. I went to some crazy lady I found in the phone book. She does them out of the back of her SUV. It was only $10. $15 to $20 if she comes to you.

I have my fingerprint card (with fingerprints on it) ready to be mailed out. When you call DPS to obtain them, you will notice that they are really cranky on the phone.

Me: "Hello, I would like to apply for a fingerprint clearnace card."
DPS: "Why?!?"
Me: "It's part of my application for Pharmacy school"
DPS: "Who told you to do that? What school?"

Etc.

Then you have to go to a fingerprint service to get your prints. I went to some crazy lady I found in the phone book. She does them out of the back of her SUV. It was only $10. $15 to $20 if she comes to you.

LMAO, that's so weird, when I called DPS, the woman was quite pleasant actually. I forgot which one I needed and she was super nice about it!

Yeah.. the fingerprint services can be PRETTY shady, but hey, I guess it can be a mobile service. Mine was 15 bucks :( and I had to go to them. It's not a popular search feature on google...