This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iJustWannaCountBy5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
University of Arizona Pharmacy c/o 2022

Just wanted to start this thread for the class of 2022. How many people have had interviews? Is the class size really going to 160?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
University of Arizona Pharmacy c/o 2022

Just wanted to start this thread for the class of 2022. How many people have had interviews? Is the class size really going to 160?
I interviewed last Friday (Oct. 13th) but haven't heard back yet. Have you had your interview yet? I haven't heard of the class size being 160 but I may be wrong. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed last Friday (Oct. 13th) but haven't heard back yet. Have you had your interview yet? I haven't heard of the class size being 160 but I may be wrong. :)

Sweet how did it go. There were zero alternates last year for class of 2021 I hope it stays like that for 2022!!! Looking at the stats someone got a PCAT of 7, so I think I'm in good shape fingers crossed.

Petition your School - Min 50% comp PCAT for Admission

Reactions: 1 user
Sweet how did it go. There were zero alternates last year for class of 2021 I hope it stays like that for 2022!!! Looking at the stats someone got a PCAT of 7, so I think I'm in good shape fingers crossed.

Petition your School - Min 50% comp PCAT for Admission
The interview went extremely well! I went in nervous as can be but left feeling pretty confident because of how relaxed the process was. Yeah I was pretty surprised to see them accepting someone with a PCAT that low but I'm sure that person had a stellar GPA and experience. Are you still waiting for your interview or have you finished it already?

I'm applying to U of A too but I'm worried about the PCAT. They sent me an email saying that they will accept 40 in the Phoenix campus and 100 in the Tucson campus. Can you share your stats?

I'm applying to U of A too but I'm worried about the PCAT. They sent me an email saying that they will accept 40 in the Phoenix campus and 100 in the Tucson campus. Can you share your stats?

LOL someone got a 7%!!! I don't think they put too much emphasis on that anymore since the rankings and pass rates have all dropped.

Congratulation!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, tell us a little bit about the interview.

Congratulation!!! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, tell us a little bit about the interview.
The interview was great, they ask only about yourself ( answer it in confidence and honest, don't give them what they want to hear). They may ask you an ethical question ( you can ask them to give you a minute before answer it), think carefully before you answer it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply for early decision? Did you submit your application before taking the PCAT? Did you have a bachelor degree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody been invited to the next interview in Nov? It's frustrating that I haven't even been invited to an interview :(

Has anyone received any new updates?
I know someone who had an interview on 13th and got acceptance on 27th. So, I think it takes about two-weeks after your interview

2 weeks seems about right. I’m getting a little nervous but it’s only been a day over 2 weeks. When did you apply? I didn’t get an interview invite for 7 weeks after I submitted my app so hang in there.

Run away...
What I mean to say is that AZ is officially saturated and jobs are now very hard to secure. UA is losing its good name, and residency is extremely competitive. Before you take out $150,000 in loans, please consider other options. Go talk to an overworked pharmacist or unemployed new grad and let them tell you the truth. Almost 20 people from the UA COP Class of 2016 are UNEMPLOYED! Please heed my warning and make something of your life. RUN AWAY.

Reactions: 1 users
Run away...
What I mean to say is that AZ is officially saturated and jobs are now very hard to secure. UA is losing its good name, and residency is extremely competitive. Before you take out $150,000 in loans, please consider other options. Go talk to an overworked pharmacist or unemployed new grad and let them tell you the truth. Almost 20 people from the UA COP Class of 2016 are UNEMPLOYED! Please heed my warning and make something of your life. RUN AWAY.
:(

there is many jobs offer over the country, and there is many small town that need pharmacists.

Do you have a bachelor's degree? If so, please use it to explore your options. "There are" not as many jobs as you think. Even the jobs on the Indian Reservation and the towns with Meth and Oxycodone addicts are starting to fill up. Even if you get a job, you will most likely stand on your feet 14 hours a day without a meal or water break, be short-staffed, have your pay cut, and get spit on or held up at gunpoint by rude customers. The truth of the matter is that a lot of students are clueless about what is going on in the industry and I don't think it is right for you people to be fooled into thinking there are opportunities. UA puts on a career fair for 4th year students in October. This year only 2/6 companies were hiring. The other 4/6 companies were only there for show and to recruit people to move to New Mexico and NOgales. If this is the choice you want to make with your life, then so be it, "the way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel". You have been warned.

Good Luck to you all!

Do you have a bachelor's degree? If so, please use it to explore your options. "There are" not as many jobs as you think. Even the jobs on the Indian Reservation and the towns with Meth and Oxycodone addicts are starting to fill up. Even if you get a job, you will most likely stand on your feet 14 hours a day without a meal or water break, be short-staffed, have your pay cut, and get spit on or held up at gunpoint by rude customers. The truth of the matter is that a lot of students are clueless about what is going on in the industry and I don't think it is right for you people to be fooled into thinking there are opportunities. UA puts on a career fair for 4th year students in October. This year only 2/6 companies were hiring. The other 4/6 companies were only there for show and to recruit people to move to New Mexico and NOgales. If this is the choice you want to make with your life, then so be it, "the way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man is he who listens to counsel". You have been warned.

Good Luck to you all!
what if my goal is coming to a third-world country to help the poor children for their medical need?

what if my goal is coming to a third-world country to help the poor children for their medical need?
Then be a doctor, PA/NP or a nurse. Pharmacy does not really give you the opportunity to help people in the way you may think. Yes, you can answer the public's questions about the best OTC product to use for diarrhea or a cold, but the amount of work that gets placed on you during the work day, doesn't even allow for that. In retail you are a robot, you lose your dignity and your humanity. If you want to get a hospital job, good luck... there are few positions and those pharmacists are not retiring. The most important things are time and student loans. Don't waste your youth and money pursuing a field with limited options.

Then be a doctor, PA/NP or a nurse. Pharmacy does not really give you the opportunity to help people in the way you may think. Yes, you can answer the public's questions about the best OTC product to use for diarrhea or a cold, but the amount of work that gets placed on you during the work day, doesn't even allow for that. In retail you are a robot, you lose your dignity and your humanity. If you want to get a hospital job, good luck... there are few positions and those pharmacists are not retiring. The most important thing is time and student loans. Don't waste your youth and money pursuing a field with limited options.
As a pharmacist, I can do lot of things in my country.

As a pharmacist, I can do lot of things in my country.
That is wonderful, I am glad that you have more opportunities there. In America, the system is very different. Unfortunately, a lot of the people who go into pharmacy are not aware of what the profession entails.

That is wonderful, I am glad that you have more opportunities there. In America, the system is very different. Unfortunately, a lot of the people who go into pharmacy are not aware of what the profession entails.
I don't know what you have to go through now, but I hope the best for you. The job you have right now may not worth for what you have been through to become a pharmacist. However, there is more than one solution to solve a problem. Hope for the best!

Did anyone get an interview this week? If so what are your stats?

KP93 what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Biochem/mcb major with GPA of 3.6ish.

prepharm GPA 3.8 (both science and non-science)

PCAT
composite 96
chem 96
bio 85
reading 84
math 97

pharm tech for one year

Nice. You should get an interview. Which schools did you apply to? What did you use to study for the PCAT?

Nice. You should get an interview. Which schools did you apply to? What did you use to study for the PCAT?
I hope so.
Just uofa so far. I spent last summer solely studying for PCAT and I used Kaplan and Dr. Collins.

KP93, did you take O chem before taking the PCAT? Do you have any volunteer work?

KP93, did you take O chem before taking the PCAT? Do you have any volunteer work?
I had taken both ochem 1 and 2 before I took PCAT. And I do have about 50 hours of volunteer work with refugee.

Which one is more helpful for PCAT Kaplan or Dr. Collins? I heard that Dr. Collins is more like the real PCAT. Do you think getting a Bachelor degree before applying is better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one is more helpful for PCAT Kaplan or Dr. Collins? I heard that Dr. Collins is more like the real PCAT. Do you think getting a Bachelor degree before applying is better?
Dr. Collins is more like the real PCAT and does an amazing job preparing you for chem section especially.

Run away...

Wow!!! This is completely accurate I have been looking for opportunities in case I were to be accepted, and everyone is saying the same thing unfortunately. Find something else this ship has sailed in so many words, we have all arrived too late to the party. I will confirm pharmacist are currently being laid off at CVS "budget" cuts with no warning. There are not enough clinical jobs for everyone and pharmacist aren't providers. WHAT does that mean? This means they do NOT get compensated/paid for the services they provide. Congratulations To all who have had interviews, as I had one myself, but the numbers don't lie and I'm taking all the advice I can get. I would definitely consider educating yourselves on the job market and the compounding debt you will take on 150+, these are all things that need to be considered. I would seriously recommend just calling or walking into ANY (retail/clinical) pharmacy and ask the pharmacist where they think the profession is heading. YOUR gonna be surprised. Do what you want with this advice to make the best decision for yourselves.

Last edited:
The interview was great, they ask only about yourself ( answer it in confidence and honest, don't give them what they want to hear). They may ask you an ethical question ( you can ask them to give you a minute before answer it), think carefully before you answer it.

Is it really ETHICAL to be posting the questions they ask you in your interview?

Got accepted into the PHX campus last week!!! :D I haven't been on because I've been busy getting everything sent to them before all the deadlines (fingerprint clearance, vaccine hx, etc.). I'm not sure where all that talk about "run away" came from but I don't think this is the thread for it. Take that negativity and go to a different thread where you can scare prospective students away from their dreams. I've worked 2 retail pharmacy jobs and NONE of the pharmacists were "over-worked", nor were they "robots." They were passionate pharmacists that absolutely loved what they do. Also, I have family in 2 different Banner hospital pharmacies and they ave 3 postings for clinical/staff pharmacists so I'm not sure where people get their "facts" from with regard to how hard it is to land a pharmacist job.

On a side note, good luck to everyone who has or is about to interview!! It took them almost 3 weeks to accept me after my interview so try not to worry! :)

Got accepted into the PHX campus last week!!! :D I haven't been on because I've been busy getting everything sent to them before all the deadlines (fingerprint clearance, vaccine hx, etc.). I'm not sure where all that talk about "run away" came from but I don't think this is the thread for it. Take that negativity and go to a different thread where you can scare prospective students away from their dreams. I've worked 2 retail pharmacy jobs and NONE of the pharmacists were "over-worked", nor were they "robots." They were passionate pharmacists that absolutely loved what they do. Also, I have family in 2 different Banner hospital pharmacies and they ave 3 postings for clinical/staff pharmacists so I'm not sure where people get their "facts" from with regard to how hard it is to land a pharmacist job.

On a side note, good luck to everyone who has or is about to interview!! It took them almost 3 weeks to accept me after my interview so try not to worry! :)

Congrats on the acceptance!!!

Here are just a couple sources this comes from not just the two jobs for 14,000 graduates each year.

Pharmacy Times-
Steep Drop Seen in Pharmacist Job Market Indicator

Also PDI look it up itspublic information the majority of states are at 3 or <3. Where do you think it's gonna be in 4 years when 2022 graduates?

Educate yourself don't be so naive.

I feel bad for these people, they are on a train that is about to run off the tracks into a canyon and all they care about is getting an interview.
Class of 2022 applicants: what are you willing to do to get a job as a PHARMACIST (not tech or intern)?
If you are unemployed/unmatched come May 2022, will you be willing to take a job as a Starbucks barrista or Wal-Mart shelf-stocker? Maybe if you're lucky, you can work as a pharmacy technician until your PIC retires or dies...

Just remember it's not too late to consider another field.

Congrats on the acceptance!!!

Here are just a couple sources this comes from not just the two jobs for 14,000 graduates each year.

Pharmacy Times-
Steep Drop Seen in Pharmacist Job Market Indicator

Also PDI look it up itspublic information the majority of states are at 3 or <3. Where do you think it's gonna be in 4 years when 2022 graduates?

Educate yourself don't be so naive.

Last edited:
Ha, easier said than done. I have already invested close to $150,000 for undergrad and pharmacy tuition at the U of A. I don't have money to go back to school. I am scrambling to find a job, but time is running out. I am trying to warn you young people before it is too late. I guess if your parents are paying for your tuition and you have a free place to live, you will be fine, but I am on my own.

I feel so much sadness because I showed loyalty and made personal sacrifices for the company I have interned for and in return, no job. I am warning those of you who think that pharmacy is a good field. The truth is, it is a POOR return on investment. Even if you are able to maintain a 4.0 and be president of SSHP, and do a PGY1 and PGY2 residency in acute care (essentially 10 years total of schooling/training post-high school), you may not be able to find full-time employment. For 10 years of schooling/training and $150,000 in tuition, you are better off going to medical school or doing a cheaper field like PA/NP, CRNA, or computer engineering for a GUARANTEED job at the end your program.

Imagine investing all this money, missing out on seeing friends/family, working in a tough environment, staying up late to study for exams, giving up your weekends to do community service and health fairs and at the end of the day you are unemployed. It is not the school's concern if you graduate and cannot find a job, after all you are a responsible adult who should be smart enough to do your research on the pharmacy job market before taking the plunge. The point I am trying to make is that although the recruiters and dean may be the nicest, most respectable and professional people, they are NOT looking out for your best interest; they have mortgages, and children of their own to take care of so telling you half-truths about pharmacy does not matter to them.

In the course of ~2-3 years the pharmacy market in AZ has become saturated. Jobs posted online have 50+ people applying for one position, require previous experience as a PHARMACIST and some are posted online just for show.

Attachments

• homeless.PNG
    homeless.PNG
    896.2 KB · Views: 49
Ha, easier said than done. I have already invested close to $150,000 for undergrad and pharmacy tuition at the U of A. I don't have money to go back to school. I am scrambling to find a job, but time is running out. I am trying to warn you young people before it is too late. I guess if your parents are paying for your tuition and you have a free place to live, you will be fine, but I am on my own.

I feel so much sadness because I showed loyalty and made personal sacrifices for the company I have interned for and in return, no job. I am warning those of you who think that pharmacy is a good field. The truth is, it is a POOR return on investment. Even if you are able to maintain a 4.0 and be president of SSHP, and do a PGY1 and PGY2 residency in acute care (essentially 10 years total of schooling/training post-high school), you may not be able to find full-time employment. For 10 years of schooling/training and $150,000 in tuition, you are better off going to medical school or doing a cheaper field like PA/NP, CRNA, or computer engineering for a GUARANTEED job at the end your program.

Imagine investing all this money, missing out on seeing friends/family, working in a tough environment, staying up late to study for exams, giving up your weekends to do community service and health fairs and at the end of the day you are unemployed. It is not the school's concern if you graduate and cannot find a job, after all you are a responsible adult who should be smart enough to do your research on the pharmacy job market before taking the plunge. The point I am trying to make is that although the recruiters and dean may be the nicest, most respectable and professional people, they are NOT looking out for your best interest; they have mortgages, and children of their own to take care of so telling you half-truths about pharmacy does not matter to them.

In the course of ~2-3 years the pharmacy market in AZ has become saturated. Jobs posted online have 50+ people applying for one position, require previous experience as a PHARMACIST and some are posted online just for show.

The definition of stupid: knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing LIES. You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think. When reality kicks about your third year or fourth year from what I'm hearing your gonna wish you considered what the donkeys on SDN said....

Good luck to the rest of the people interviewing.

I got an invitation today. Dates are given as 11/18 and 12/7. I chose the 18th. Any advice for the interview?