SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

University of Arizona c/o 2022

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by iJustWannaCountBy5, Oct 23, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. joelfocus

joelfocus

Nov 16, 2017
    I got an interview as well for the 18th, good luck!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Phamracy forever

Phamracy forever

Aug 31, 2017
    Which university did you apply to?

4. joelfocus

joelfocus

Nov 16, 2017
    UofA

5. Phamracy forever

Phamracy forever

Aug 31, 2017
    Do you mind sharing your stats?

6. TRIpharmD

TRIpharmD

Nov 15, 2017
    Just got admitted last week to the Tucson Campus and I am really excited to get started. I also am looking for some roommates for next year. Let me know.

7. statepharmagent

statepharmagent

Feb 25, 2017
    I seriously wished when i was interviewing for pharmacy schools someone like you would have told me this. Like you, once youre stuck in it, it's not as easy to get out, if not impossible at times. A recent pgy1 grad of ours is competing with 30+ applicants for a per diem hospital staffing position. Let that sink in. Just because you see "job postings" does not mean it is a real job actively seeking people. A lot of those jobs posted have already been filled internally and posted for formality reasons. Don't be fooled.

8. Pharmaaa

Pharmaaa

Nov 23, 2017
    True. Walgreens is at a salary and hiring freeze. Walmart isn't hiring and decreased hours. Grocery chains don't have any openings and shortened their hours. Fry's changed their definition of full-time to 32 hours so their pharmacist will now be making less than $100k a year.

9. IslapYOkids

IslapYOkids

Feb 8, 2017
    I am currently in the class of 2021 in my first semester. Today we were presented with an opportunity to become nurse practitioners!!!! Yes, you read that right and yes this is the COP 2022 pharmacy thread.I thought we were attending pharmacy school to obtain a PharmD NOT a NP degree. 10 people have already dropped from my class for various reason. The market is saturated with pharmacist so they bring this to the table to hype it up. What a freaking JOKE!!!! I literally cannot make this stuff up. Why would anyone complete 10 years of school to become a NP.LOL. NP is a 6 year degree not 10 , oh wait they are throwing in a PharmD too because they saturated the market and it's useless. BLACK FRIDAY Special: Come to our school become a NP and we will throw in a PharmD. Seriously debating on taking the 13,000 hit and finding a new major since the future does not look sunny on my current path.

10. BelowTheMean

BelowTheMean Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2005
    San Diego
  11. KP93

KP93

Oct 28, 2017
    did anybody from 11/18 interview hear back yet?

12. IslapYOkids

IslapYOkids

Feb 8, 2017

Don't worry everyone gets in. Trust me there will be a spot for you. 100% guaranteed. Congrats :happy:

13. Phamracy forever

Phamracy forever

Aug 31, 2017
    Did anyone get an interview?

14. TRIpharmD

TRIpharmD

Nov 15, 2017
    It should take more than a few days to get an interview.