This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V1kTri

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have an interview for UC SDM on jan 12 and im excited!! I have alot of questions if anyone can help me out.

Does anyone know the Interview/acceptance schedule?

What I mean by this is that (for example) VCU has its first wave of interviews before december than the first wave of acceptances Dec 1st. then their 2nd wave starts and the 2nd wave of acceptances is mid feb. How does UC do it?

Does anyone know how the interview is structured?
For example how many interviews? with how many people? any other activities? do they provide food? Is there an essay?

If anyone has been there, how was your experience?
Did you like the school? the equipment? the staff? is the area nice? can you see yourself living in colorado?

Finally, Does anyone else have an interview this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

So I had my interview with UC SDM back in November. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the interview / acceptance schedule as I'm just not sure what it is.

In terms of the interview day, there were two 30 minute one-on-one interviews with faculty members. Both of mine were super nice and made it clear they weren't there to intimidate you or anything like that. Very conversational, not so much Q&A.

There was no lunch provided, but they did set out some snacks at the beginning of the day. No essay either.

I'll say that their facilities were some of the nicest / most up to date I've seen. You can't beat a modern clinic overlooking some mountains, imo. All the staff seemed very nice as well, as mentioned. A pair of students lead my tour and were able to answer any and all questions. Didn't seem overly stressed / competitive, at least from what I could tell.

The school itself is centered within their healthcare campus, which I thought was cool. There was mention of interprofessional classes / activity with med and pharm students because of this. The campus itself was nice. I'm told Aurora is an underserved area, so there shouldn't be much issue with patient base.

I was only in Colorado for a matter of hours (for the interview) so I can't comment much else on actually living there, but the guy shuttling me around mentioned 300+ days of sunshine, so that can't be all that awful.

Overall, facilities, faculty, and students were top-notch; a good choice all around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So i have an interview for UC SDM on jan 12 and im excited!! I have alot of questions if anyone can help me out.

Does anyone know the Interview/acceptance schedule?

What I mean by this is that (for example) VCU has its first wave of interviews before december than the first wave of acceptances Dec 1st. then their 2nd wave starts and the 2nd wave of acceptances is mid feb. How does UC do it?

Does anyone know how the interview is structured?
For example how many interviews? with how many people? any other activities? do they provide food? Is there an essay?

If anyone has been there, how was your experience?
Did you like the school? the equipment? the staff? is the area nice? can you see yourself living in colorado?

Finally, Does anyone else have an interview this cycle?

Hi I interviewed at colorado and got accepted for the class of 2020. Colorado is absolutely beautiful, but the cost of living is quite pricey. Personally I am stuck between case western and colorado. I put a deposit at case western then got accepted to colorado january 4th. Everything was great at colorado but that cost of living with surely eat you alive. Not sure how welcoming the students were because I only met two, but if you are all about location colorado is the place to be