University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (COL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ozn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question about their admissions. Last year I have heard from a friend that they only accept in-state eligible students. He was assuming that they accept out of state but they sent him a email/letter or something asking for documents to provide instate residency. i was hoping one of you guys could clarify as it is a school I am planning on applying.

Members don't see this ad.

They accept out-of-state residents. I was accepted there this past cycle and I am an Arizona resident. I also was NOT eligible for WICHE.

I have also heard that Colorado only accepts in-state residents or WICHE applicants, but that is clearly not true as I got in there.

They will send you a residency form to fill out but it doesn't affect getting accepted.

They accept largely in-state students, but I guess that's true for most all state universities.

Members don't see this ad :)
They definitely accept OOS state students. I was invited for an interview there (declined because it was later in the cycle), and other people were accepted there.

That said, there may be better schools to apply to that will give you a better shot of being accepted than Colorado will (since the majority of students they do accept are in-state).

One other side note: they do not allow you to change your residency to in-state after one year like some schools do. If you are accepted as out-of-state, you pay OOS tuition for the entire four years.

What kind of stats did you have to get accepted as OOS? (DAT and GPA)

It is worth noting that the class size at Colorado has increased from 50 to 80 now. Therefore a greater # of out of state applicants are likely to be accepted.....

Hey Guys!
I'm super nervous, I took my DAT relatively late and faxed it into Barbara literally two days ago. Got an e-mail the next day asking to be interviewed on January 12th! I did not expect to even get an interview anywhere because I thought I was so late and my DAT and it was no where near competitive so I gave up hope this round. Now I don't know what to expect with an interview! Did they catch you off guard with any questions or were they pretty laid back? I plan on doing mock trials, I'm just worried some questions will catch me off guard! Thanks so much guys and congratualations to all those who got in! I know how hard you worked!
Best,
Mandy