University of Florida c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am so confused they didn't even review mine?? I got rejected last year but it was reviewed by the committee this year??? My gpa increased from last year????

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone's reject this year say it was reviewed by the committee?

Someone on the Facebook page said that they only reviewed ~700/1700 apps? That’s pretty wack, I’m sorry y’all :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone on the Facebook page said that they only reviewed ~700/1700 apps? That’s pretty wack, I’m sorry y’all :/
Thats BS I paid like if my **** is in order it should be reviewed?

Did anyone's reject this year say it was reviewed by the committee?
I was rejected OOS but my application was reviewed according to the email they sent me. My rejection email said "Your application was reviewed by our admissions committee; however, we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a spot for an interview this year." I'm sorry yours wasn't even considered based on what it sounds like. Not sure why some are reviewed while others aren't.. that's super frustrating.

I was rejected OOS but my application was reviewed according to the email they sent me. My rejection email said "Your application was reviewed by our admissions committee; however, we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you a spot for an interview this year." I'm sorry yours wasn't even considered based on what it sounds like. Not sure why some are reviewed while others aren't.. that's super frustrating.
Thank you, it was reviewed last year. Like I feel like I didn't even get a chance. They just need to tell us if there is a GPA cut off. Mine is average. I am sorry you didn't get in either. It's not meant to be I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
On my notes from the re-application cycle last year they had 1,372 applications and invited about 350 to interview. Out of the 1,372 about 80% of applications were reviewed for interview consideration so roughly 1000 apps were reviewed last cycle.

TBH think of how much money these schools make off apps.. what incentive do they have to actually review them? I wish they would have a GPA cut off and not have us apply and only review ones that have higher GPAs. Sorry, y'all I am just so frustrated, it's my second time trying. My GPA is 3.2 overall (including credits earned in high school) and a 3.49 for my undergrad (completed)

They didn't look at mine either. Very deterring for sure. I feel like my low-ish GPA is very offset by my experience
Dude same. Like a lot of people with average GPAs have bomb essays and experience, it just sucks that we weren't even givin a chance past our grades. Because I know that my transcripts were in an my LOR, I am an alternate for VM

Members don't see this ad :)
IS Interview! I'm sorry for those that didn't even get a chance to get reviewed... I've never even heard of such things! That is NOT normal.

I don’t think I have that option because they said they didn’t even look at my application. 🙃 makes absolutely no sense and is actually very deterring.
Same here! I got an email saying my application wasn’t even reviewed. Not sure as to why because I met all of the minimum requirements

I got the same message, i was IS waitliisted last year, Rejected this year without even considering my application.
Do you think this was their version of ‘denied’? My email says I wasn’t sent to review for a certain number of reasons but I thought as long as you meet their minimum requirements you're considered for admissions.

Do you think this was their version of ‘denied’? My email says I wasn’t sent to review for a certain number of reasons but I thought as long as you meet their minimum requirements you're considered for admissions.
I was also rejected, but my email explicitly stated that my app was carefully reviewed, I just wasn’t chosen for an interview. There were 2 different types of denial emails sent. I find it extremely odd and wrong that they did not review all applications. I’m sorry to all this happened to. We pay too much money to these schools for them to not even look at the application.

Reactions: 2 users
I am honestly just so dishearted. Like I know, it's not meant to be but I can't believe they didn't even review. The only reason they gave that would be a rational reason for me not be reviewed is "Based upon an analysis and objective review of your academic scores (see below)" *They had current averages of last class admitted.

Congrats to everyone that got an interview, we are so happy for you guys! And to everyone else, we are more than our GPA. No one cares about GPA in the real world, it's your skills. We will make it someday!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I am honestly just so dishearted. Like I know, it's not meant to be but I can't believe they didn't even review. The only reason they gave that would be a rational reason for me not be reviewed is "Based upon an analysis and objective review of your academic scores (see below)" *They had current averages of last class admitted.

Congrats to everyone that got an interview, we are so happy for you guys! And to everyone else, we are more than our GPA. No one cares about GPA in the real world, it's your skills. We will make it someday!
I’m not gonna lie it depends on the applicants per year and what the gpa is. I’ve seen folks get in with low gpa, me included but I had an in person masters with research. Please if anyone needs a review of essays etc email them to me at [email protected]. You are more than your gpa and if you get over the cutoff you are based on your essays and your experience. When they interview they see you not your gpa and the interview is the deciding factor.

Your science GPA is also very important and can be factor even if your overall is not great. Trust you will get in during a much better time when we aren’t almost full time on zoom hopefully.

Did any of y'all who got an interview and filled out the survey get any kind of email response back? Very paranoid about whether mine went through since I'm 99.9% sure I remember seeing a confirmation but I didn't think to screenshot it.

Did any of y'all who got an interview and filled out the survey get any kind of email response back? Very paranoid about whether mine went through since I'm 99.9% sure I remember seeing a confirmation but I didn't think to screenshot it.

I didn’t get a confirmation so my paranoid self did it a second time :(

I did not get one either!

I didn’t get a confirmation so my paranoid self did it a second time :(
Lol literally think I'll do that and screenshot it this time, since the window to submit the survey is so tight I don't want to jeopardize anything!

Hey, did you get anyone get some sort of confirmation email from UF CVM after doing the interview survey? Looking back in my email I don’t see one and it’s making me panic a little!
IS applicant and I haven’t received any emails since the initial interview email.

Hey, did you get anyone get some sort of confirmation email from UF CVM after doing the interview survey? Looking back in my email I don’t see one and it’s making me panic a little!
IS applicant and I haven’t received any emails since the initial interview email.
I didn’t get any confirmation (and I did it twice just to be 100% sure it went through lol)

I didn’t get any confirmation (and I did it twice just to be 100% sure it went through lol)
Okay perfect this makes me feel a little better. but I’m still second guessing I unfortunately didn’t do it twice nor did I screenshot which I normally do!!

i didn’t get any confirmation either and had the same mini panic! i guess they aren’t sending any 🤷🏻‍♀️

There has been some weirdness with Outlook and sometimes it takes a bit to get something back. You can always email admissions directly if you have question on that end.

Why do you think OOS will have a chance of being called off? ᵔ̈
Because a number of my classmates are off the list. Usually folks in state want in state tuition so they will take UF over another oos school. However this year a few deferred their acceptance til after covid I think. Someone dropped last minute so IS does move just not a ton. I may be wrong but a few of my IS folks in my class got pulled off the waitlist for interviews.

Just received an email about taking the CASPer as part of UF’s interview process. I saw that they said we must complete over the two dates they mentioned but if we already took it previously do we have to take it again?

I just called the office, we do not need to retake casper, just submit our scores using the code they sent us!

I don’t see an option to submit to UF yet though on the Casper website

I don’t see an option to submit to UF yet though on the Casper website
On the CASPer home page just click “Go to test” then “show all my reservations” then “View/Add” then “Add new distribution” and UF should be on the list of schools that pops up. There’s also a place to put the code after that!

On the CASPer home page just click “Go to test” then “show all my reservations” then “View/Add” then “Add new distribution” and UF should be on the list of schools that pops up. There’s also a place to put the code after that!
For some reason I only see Ross and UC Davis, did you not have that issue?

For some reason I only see Ross and UC Davis, did you not have that issue?
Oh, that’s weird. Yeah UF was there for me. If it’s not there for you then I’d email or call CASPer!

Oh, that’s weird. Yeah UF was there for me. If it’s not there for you then I’d email or call CASPer!
When did you take casper? Maybe it doesn’t like that I took it back in July

Will UF send us a confirmation email or something letting us know that they have received the CASPer score? I just added UF onto the distribution list and got a confirmation from CASPer acknowledging the updates I made for distribution.

Has anyone that was waitlisted for an interview been called? IS applicant just wondering if they’ve started calling people yet. TIA!

Today is the day we should be receiving emails with information regarding which date was chosen for interviews right?