University of Florida c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rejectedddddddddddd lol (IS, UF grad)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected OOS 😞

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite IS!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Made an account just to add to this.
Rejected OOS, hopefully it's not because my one college for one pre-req class sent my transcript out late UGH

OOS rejected, however I also received an acceptance from LMU a few hours ago so I will be going there!

Reactions: 7 users
Made an account just to add to this.
Rejected OOS, hopefully it's not because my one college for one pre-req class sent my transcript out late UGH

You can do an application review with them. Last cycle UF honestly gave me the best app review out of all the schools I was rejected from. I was able to have a 1 on 1 conversation with the pre-vet advisor and she gave me all the written feedback from the admissions committee!

Rejected IS but was an alternate last cycle so I’m confused

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do an application review with them. Last cycle UF honestly gave me the best app review out of all the schools I was rejected from. I was able to have a 1 on 1 conversation with the pre-vet advisor and she gave me all the written feedback from the admissions committee!
The email says that my app didn't even get reviewed by admissions committee... so weird

OOS interview!

Reactions: 1 users
The email says that my app didn't even get reviewed by admissions committee... so weird

Darn I’m sorry :(
I remember last cycle that you initially go through academic review, and then are forwarded to the admissions committee to determine interview invites. I know it’s extremely disappointing but don’t give up!

Just received an interview invite over email! IS applicant.

Reactions: 1 users
Darn I’m sorry :(
I remember last cycle that you initially go through academic review, and then are forwarded to the admissions committee to determine interview invites. I know it’s extremely disappointing but don’t give up!
Yeah it says "Your application was not selected for the selection process nor reviewed by the Admissions Committee", I'm assuming maybe due to the initial GPA ranking, maybe I was just too far down to make the cutoff, who knows! Lots of strong applicants! Although I do wish they could've looked, my vet/work experience is strong

Ok ME TOO. I got an interview and was an alternate for admission last year. I don’t understand I have so many questions.

But like I was offered interviews OOS for other schools which would be more competitive so v confused and will definitely be doing file review

But like I was offered interviews OOS for other schools which would be more competitive so v confused and will definitely be doing file review
I don’t think I have that option because they said they didn’t even look at my application. 🙃 makes absolutely no sense and is actually very deterring.

I don’t think I have that option because they said they didn’t even look at my application. 🙃 makes absolutely no sense and is actually very deterring.
They didn’t even look at it? I’m sorry! Try to stay positive. I know it’s hard and I’m having trouble taking my own advice at the moment but it’ll all work out.

They didn't look at mine either. Very deterring for sure. I feel like my low-ish GPA is very offset by my experience

I got the same message, i was IS waitliisted last year, Rejected this year without even considering my application.

IS Rejected, didnt even look at my application. So heartbroken.

Does anyone know if they usually end up taking many off the interview wait list?

OOS rejected, however I also received an acceptance from LMU a few hours ago so I will be going there!
Congrats on LMU! Just had my interview with them on Moday. Got OOS rejection with UF. Hopefully, I hear back soon from LMU

I got the same thing. They said something along the lines of not being able to do a review because it didn't go to the committee for some reason.

I got the same thing. They said something along the lines of not being able to do a review because it didn't go to the committee for some reason.
Same, I really don't get it

Rejected OOS but was OOS interview alternate last year.

Did they give you any idea of where you were on the waitlist last year? I’m waitlisted this year and are wondering my chances
Hi! They usually dont tell you the place on the waitlist, and from what i know it does not move much, you can look at past applications stats and see how much it moves. Best of luck! 🙂

Hi! They usually dont tell you the place on the waitlist, and from what i know it does not move much, you can look at past applications stats and see how much it moves. Best of luck! 🙂
I just looked at last semesters pool, it doesn’t say anything about being pulled from the waitlist unfortunately 😭