University of Florida c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview confirmation email, check your emails!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They don't want our Fall 2020 transcripts yet right?

They don't want our Fall 2020 transcripts yet right?
I was just about to post, I emailed them because I was unsure and they said this "Fall and Spring transcripts will be required only if you have outstanding prerequisites. We will be providing more details on where to send your transcripts in the following weeks."

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview for UF is Saturday afternoon and I’m just now feeling the anxiety 😂 this is my in state school and I am freaking out

Reactions: 1 users
My interview for UF is Saturday afternoon and I’m just now feeling the anxiety 😂 this is my in state school and I am freaking out
Good luck on your interview! Mine is on the 29th :)

• Care
Check out UF vetmed's Instagram for advice! You'll do great!

Best advice from a 4th year, use the restroom 5-15 minutes before any big test or interview

Had my interview this morning! It was super conversational and my interviewers made me feel so comfortable!

Had my interview this morning! It was super conversational and my interviewers made me feel so comfortable!
I saw you on the 'gram fingers crossed you get in. Remember if you get an interview they want you there, its up to you to bring it home. They seemed to have scaled both packet reviews and such back this year because covid and zoom so definitely apply next cycle folks if you didn't get an invite

I just got pulled off the waitlist for an OOS interview. For anyone who has already interviewed, how long was it?

• Care
I just got pulled off the waitlist for an OOS interview. For anyone who has already interviewed, how long was it?
Congrats!! Mine was ~20-25 minutes of questions (about 5 questions total) and then we just chatted for like 20 minutes. Should be no more than 45 minutes in the interview itself!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! My interview started about 5 minutes early. I was interviewed by 3 people and they each asked me about 5-6 questions. (It felt never ending, but definitely enjoyed it!) Most of the questions had nothing to do with my application but you want to know how to be able to answer their questions and back it up with information from your app. All of the questions they asked me I had studied for thanks to a SDN link that someone sent me. Some of the questions would have been difficult to answer had i not studied! From my experience, I would tell you to definitely study study study and be familiar with example questions and the best things about you in general!

Does anyone know when the last interview day is?

I forgot to write it down when I was signing up, but I don’t want to start obsessively checking my email until at least two weeks after the last interview lol.

Good luck to everyone!

I forgot to write it down when I was signing up, but I don’t want to start obsessively checking my email until at least two weeks after the last interview lol.

Good luck to everyone!
I’m not exactly sure when the last Interview day is but when I was in the waiting room One of the ladies told me to expect decisions to be released by the second week of March because they need to wait for all Casper scores to be in before they can officially decide who they’re accepting.

Congrats! My interview started about 5 minutes early. I was interviewed by 3 people and they each asked me about 5-6 questions. (It felt never ending, but definitely enjoyed it!) Most of the questions had nothing to do with my application but you want to know how to be able to answer their questions and back it up with information from your app. All of the questions they asked me I had studied for thanks to a SDN link that someone sent me. Some of the questions would have been difficult to answer had i not studied! From my experience, I would tell you to definitely study study study and be familiar with example questions and the best things about you in general!
Would you mind sharing that link to the questions?

Did anyone else on the interview wait list receive an email a few days ago saying they would update your status after all the interviews are complete and they offer a file review? Does that mean they will let you know if there is a spot for waitlisted people for interviews or is that just saying they aren’t giving out any more interviews? It was worded a little confusing

Did anyone else on the interview wait list receive an email a few days ago saying they would update your status after all the interviews are complete and they offer a file review? Does that mean they will let you know if there is a spot for waitlisted people for interviews or is that just saying they aren’t giving out any more interviews? It was worded a little confusing
I got that email too. I think it means that in the event someone declines an interview, which I think is highly unlikely at this point, but they will contact you. And if you do not get pulled off the waitlist by the time interviews are over they’ll be sending an email out soon about doing packet reviews.

Good luck to everyone!
I believe the last one is the 4th. However the last casper test is Feb 18th and UF won't receive those scores until the beginning of March. I don't think we will be hearing decisions as early as the past years.

I believe the last one is the 4th. However the last casper test is Feb 18th and UF won't receive those scores until the beginning of March. I don't think we will be hearing decisions as early as the past years.
Yep! They told me expect decisions to be released by Mid-March

Anyone know about affordable but safe housing options in Gainesville that are off campus? I would prefer to rent a 2-3 bedroom house (animal friendly) but don’t see many options that are too cost friendly. Thanks!

Anyone know about affordable but safe housing options in Gainesville that are off campus? I would prefer to rent a 2-3 bedroom house (animal friendly) but don’t see many options that are too cost friendly. Thanks!
Im in the same boat! Looking for a cheap one bedroom. I know there was a link included in the after interview email. But current students, where are the safest places to live?

Current applicant but I have also been at UF for 6 years at this point.. almost all of the housing around campus is very safe. Houses are a little harder to find, but are usually not super expensive to rent. Apartments can be very cheap up to very expensive, however the further you are willing to be from campus you can get nicer places for less money. There is no shortage of housing around campus so I don’t think anyone will struggle to find what they are looking for!

Im in the same boat! Looking for a cheap one bedroom. I know there was a link included in the after interview email. But current students, where are the safest places to live?
after getting accepted, the class of 2025 will have access to a google doc where current VetMed students looking for roommates post their housing arrangements. You could use it to find a roommate or to get an idea of where other vet students are living

I know I’m late but I’m an OOS second time applicant. Had my interview and I thought it was very good! Commenting to stay UTD on news :) good luck everyone!

One bedrooms are hard to find. I'm in the same boat as I'm trying to find a place for 2nd year as one bedrooms ( not rooms a single unit) run 800-1000 where finding a roommate can get you 500-600 for a safe place.

One bedrooms are hard to find. I'm in the same boat as I'm trying to find a place for 2nd year as one bedrooms ( not rooms a single unit) run 800-1000 where finding a roommate can get you 500-600 for a safe place.
Honestly I don’t mind paying a little more for a 1 bedroom, I am just so sick of roommates. Do any current students know good communities/places to live? Like thoughts on Mt. Vernon? I’ve been checking them out

I drove door dash and vernon seems pretty okay to me delivery wise I didn't see bugs running wild or crazy parties at night. Theres also sweet water off 16th that has good 1b1b prices which are pretty big in the 800-900 range. You also get a patio. You're going to want to stay clear of midtown if you can because you will get the undergrads partying and a lot of loud neighbors. If a place says close to shands its usually catering to grad and medical students.

Try in may, there's a lot of places right now that folks are not telling if they will renew. I've been hunting for housing myself and its best to look at local relators and ask them. Places will start opening about 90 days out. It sucks but I did door dash and postmates, feel free to message me and I can let you know how safe areas are.

One of my friends that is a current 4th year lives in Chelsea Lane Apartments. Not sure what rent is like, but it they like it. It's close to Butler plaza, UFCVM, the highway and such. Another place to look into is The Loft on Archer, next to Bojangles.

It’s already been 3.5 weeks since I’ve interviewed and it totally sucks knowing I have to wait another 3 maybe 4 weeks before we hear about decisions 😭 UF is the last school I am waiting for :/

It’s already been 3.5 weeks since I’ve interviewed and it totally sucks knowing I have to wait another 3 maybe 4 weeks before we hear about decisions 😭 UF is the last school I am waiting for :/
Same! I interviewed the first day! I legit cannot wait any longer

Same! I interviewed the first day! I legit cannot wait any longer
I interviewed the first day too! When the lady said we’ll most likely hear about decisions in mid March, I could have cried 😂 I need to knooooooow 😭😭😭

I interviewed the first day too! When the lady said we’ll most likely hear about decisions in mid March, I could have cried 😂 I need to knooooooow 😭😭😭
UF is the dreammmmmmm, I cannot waiiiit!

• Love
UF is the dreammmmmmm, I cannot waiiiit!
I wish they could send out decisions based on when you sent in CASPER scores and did interview. And although I understand why they can’t do it that way, I don’t agree 🥲😂😂

• Wow
I literally check my calendar every hour counting down the weeks till mid March as though it’s going to change everytime I check 😂 I’m praying it’s nothing later then the second week of March

• Haha
I literally check my calendar every hour counting down the weeks till mid March as though it’s going to change everytime I check 😂 I’m praying it’s nothing later then the second week of March
Haha! 😂Thankfully February is a short month.

• Haha
My birthday is the second week of March, so if they do email us, I hope it’s good news 😭

if I don’t get to work on an alligator/crocodile with the Florida Gators I’m going to be very disappointed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Is it anyone’s 1st time applying and UF is the only school they applied too ?

Does anyone know if we also have to take the CASPer snapshot test? I took the CASPer yesterday and it asked if I wanted to add on the Snapshot to my application, but I wasn't sure if we're supposed to do that or not.

Does anyone know if we also have to take the CASPer snapshot test? I took the CASPer yesterday and it asked if I wanted to add on the Snapshot to my application, but I wasn't sure if we're supposed to do that or not.
The email doesn't say anything about it and when I looked at UF on the CASPer site, Snapshot is "To be announced", which means that "Altus does not yet have information about whether or not this program will be using Snapshot in their admissions decisions". I would sure hope it would say "required" if UF really was requiring it! I won't be taking it unless I hear otherwise from UF- they already interviewed us after all lol.

The email doesn't say anything about it and when I looked at UF on the CASPer site, Snapshot is "To be announced", which means that "Altus does not yet have information about whether or not this program will be using Snapshot in their admissions decisions". I would sure hope it would say "required" if UF really was requiring it! I won't be taking it unless I hear otherwise from UF- they already interviewed us after all lol.
I emailed them to make sure and they said it's not required!