University of Hawaii at Hilo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi jillybeeean,

i just sent u a message...i am having pcat scores submission issues. i hope ur still online btw. nervous :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Congrats to all who got interviews!
I had mine scheduled for December 10th in Vegas but ended up canceling it because I got into Midwestern Glendale early. It would have been great to go though and see how everything was!

Good luck to all who's interviewing!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :thumbup: and thank you for the good luck wishes!

Hey guys!!

I just got an interview invite from UH Hilo! Im so excited and relieved at the same time :p Here is my timeline if anybody is interested:

esubmit: 10/13
GPA verfication: 10/29
application mailed: 11/08
supplemental material request: 11/08
supplemental material sent: 11/08
complete application notice: 11/09 (9:44AM)
interview invite: 11/09 (11:10 AM) :soexcited:

I registered for UH Hilo on December 10th.. hope to see some of you there!! :D

Hey guys!!

I just got an interview invite from UH Hilo! Im so excited and relieved at the same time :p Here is my timeline if anybody is interested:

esubmit: 10/13
GPA verfication: 10/29
application mailed: 11/08
supplemental material request: 11/08
supplemental material sent: 11/08
complete application notice: 11/09 (9:44AM)
interview invite: 11/09 (11:10 AM) :soexcited:

I registered for UH Hilo on December 10th.. hope to see some of you there!! :D

Nice! :highfive:

The PCAT scores for Oct 2010 just went online today, so I just got my PCAT scores today.

I esubmitted in Oct and submitted my supplemental early this month. So my application is basically complete with the exception of my PCAT score.

Does anyone know how long it should take UH Hilo to get my PCAT scores?

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I've been perusing this thread the last couple of days and thought that I should actually contribute and write something! Anyways, I am also applying to UH Hilo CoP and am happy to say that they offered me an interview as well! This is my first choice and is the only school that I'm applying to this year so I reaaaallllly hope that I get in!! :D

Last edited:
The PCAT scores for Oct 2010 just went online today, so I just got my PCAT scores today.

I esubmitted in Oct and submitted my supplemental early this month. So my application is basically complete with the exception of my PCAT score.

Does anyone know how long it should take UH Hilo to get my PCAT scores?

Thanks!

I believe if PharmCAS got your scores today in time for the next mailing date, they will be forwarding it to UHH COP this coming Monday!

Hi everyone!

I've been perusing this thread the last couple of days and thought that I should actually contribute and write something! Anyways, I am also applying to UH Hilo CoP and am happy to say that they offered me an interview as well! This is my first choice and is the only school that I'm applying to this year so I reaaaallllly hope that I get in!! :D

My stats are listed below!

-Resident of Hawaii, and attending UH Hilo as an undergrad.
-PharmCas cGPA: 3.78
-PharmCas science & math GPA: 3.95
-PCAT Composite: 51 :((( I am not good at standardized tests! lol
-esubmitted:8/18/2010
-GPA Calculated: 9/13/2010
-Sent to UH Hilo CoP: 9/20/10
-Supplemental requested: 9/20/10
-Supplemental submitted: 9/30/10
-Complete application received (w/money): 10/4/10
-Interview offered: 10/8/10 :love:

My interview is on December 9th in Hilo!! Is there anyone else with the same date and place?? I'm sooooo nervous/excited! :p

Congrats to everyone else who received interviews and good luck to those of you still in the application process!! Hopefully we will all get in and meet each other some day! :D

Congrats to you too!! :) I'm really hoping to get accepted to UHH COP as well. If you don't mind, could you tell us a bit more about UHH and Hilo?

Thanks jillybeeean!

I hope to get an interview date soon...keeping my fingers crossed...

This application process is seemingly endless...

I'm nervous though, my PharmCAS GPA is not very high, but I got a composite _ on my PCAT. I wonder if they'll assume I'm just too lazy to do work in class. :laugh:

Last edited:
I just withdrew my application. So, there's one interview spot open on Dec. 10th. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks jillybeeean!

I hope to get an interview date soon...keeping my fingers crossed...

This application process is seemingly endless...

I'm nervous though, my PharmCAS GPA is not very high, but I got a composite 98 on my PCAT. I wonder if they'll assume I'm just too lazy to do work in class. :laugh:

Damn, 98?? That's awesome. My GPA isn't high at all..so I think your 98 PCAT will get you an interview! :) Keep us updated!

Anyone else interviewing in Vegas on Dec 10th?? :)

My stats:

2.92 cGPA/sGPA (Had a bad sophomore year, but there is an upward trend)
88 Composite PCAT
UHH received my completed application on October 26th and interview was offered on Nov 5.

Good luck to all of you!

@ jjthejetplane: congrats on getting an interview! like you, Hilo is my first choice and the only school I am applying to as well. hope it works out for us!!

congrats to all that received recent interviews! a couple weeks away...

i'm, unfortunately, still waiting on my last LOR before my app is considered complete. hilo has everything else. i asked my prof over 3 weeks ago, so i am anticipating by early next week the LOR will be submitted. i told him it should be done around this time frame. late, i know :/

im retaking the pcat in january to improve on my 76 comp, since my gpa is low.

this is stressful for us all, but hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

as always, good luck to everyone!!

Hi everyone,

I submitted my supplemental on Nov 22 and received an interview the next day Nov 23.

WAS really surprised to be offered an interview the next day...seemed almost too easy to get it, but I have already confirmed my interview date Thursday, December 9 in Las Vegas.

pharmcas says they give out a little under 300 interviews and accepts 90.

good luck everyone!

@Fattybear - congrats on your interview date!!

Their response was VERY quick. Do you have a Bachelors already??

@Fattybear - congrats on your interview date!!

Their response was VERY quick. Do you have a Bachelors already??

hi Lauike808, I don't have a bachelors and make it clear in all the apps I apply to that I also do not plan on receiving a bachelors by matriculation. It seems everyone that s submitting their apps this early to UH is getting a response within 5 days... maybe you should apply early too! lol

I just got an interview offer! :D

I requested to have my interview at the UH Hilo campus on Dec. 9th. Hopefully, I'll get it and not have to fly out of Hawai'i to interview for Hawai'i. But we shall see...

Is anyone else going to be there on the 9th?

I just got an interview offer! :D

I requested to have my interview at the UH Hilo campus on Dec. 9th. Hopefully, I'll get it and not have to fly out of Hawai'i to interview for Hawai'i. But we shall see...

Is anyone else going to be there on the 9th?
I'm going to be there on the 9th at 9:30! Are you a Hawaii resident?? I only know of one other person at UH Hilo that's a Hawaii resident who received an interview offer other than myself, which is kind of odd because I know a lot of people who applied with decent stats.

I see that you're located in Honolulu...so you must go to Manoa? Do you know of a lot of other people applying and receiving interviews? I'm just wondering where all of the Hawaii residents are coming from if I only know of a couple coming from Hilo...I'm assuming that a lot are coming from Oahu and some from the mainland.

I'm going to be there on the 9th at 9:30! Are you a Hawaii resident?? I only know of one other person at UH Hilo that's a Hawaii resident who received an interview offer other than myself, which is kind of odd because I know a lot of people who applied with decent stats.

I see that you're located in Honolulu...so you must go to Manoa? Do you know of a lot of other people applying and receiving interviews? I'm just wondering where all of the Hawaii residents are coming from if I only know of a couple coming from Hilo...I'm assuming that a lot are coming from Oahu and some from the mainland.

I just got my interview confirmed at UH Hilo for 10:30am! So nervous!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

@jjthejetplane: Yeah, I'm a Hawai'i resident, though I don't go to UH Manoa. I do live in Honolulu though.

I don't actually know that many people applying this year to Pharm school from the UH system. Most of my professors could only count less than a handful of pre-pharm students that they know of when I asked them.

So I'm confused too, where all these Hawai'i residents are coming from. I think most of them will be coming from mainland schools and not the UH system. A lot of my friends never gave up their hawaii residency when they went to school on mainland. So that's my guess.

Hello all, just thought I'd join the party. I've got an interview on Dec 10 at 8a in Vegas. Good luck all!

got an interview on the 11th of December in Vegas, I live in California and I have a final the following monday so LV was easier. Best of luck to everyone

How did everyone's interviews go? Hope you all had a positive experience! :)

How did everyone's interviews go? Hope you all had a positive experience! :)

I think that my interview went pretty well! My interviewer and I ended up laughing a lot through out the interview so hopefully that was a good thing :rofl:...

Now it's just a waiting game!! :xf: Hopefully we all get acceptance letters with in the next couple of weeks!

How was your interview jillybean??

I think that my interview went pretty well! My interviewer and I ended up laughing a lot through out the interview so hopefully that was a good thing :rofl:...

Now it's just a waiting game!! :xf: Hopefully we all get acceptance letters with in the next couple of weeks!

How was your interview jillybean??

That's awesome!! I think mine went well too. No laughing, but he did chuckle at times...the right times, I think. Hah :) But yeah, ~45 spots, so I'm not really sure if my interviewer liked me enough to offer me one of those spots. I guess I'll just have to wait and see... yup, the waiting game has officially started :xf: Good luck everyone!

I thought my interview was not as casual as I anticipated. I was asked all pharmacy related questions and almost no personal questions...the writing portion was casual though...

I thought my interview was not as casual as I anticipated. I was asked all pharmacy related questions and almost no personal questions...the writing portion was casual though...

I think my only personal question was, "What was the last book that you read?" The rest were related to pharmacy, plus some questions that have to do with working in a group and ethics.

Hopefully we hear from them soon! :) I dreamt about UHH CoP like 4 times last night. Is anyone else experiencing this?? Before an interview for another school, I had 3 dreams about the interview experience in one night too, lol. Crazyyy.

Right?

I think about it constantly...at work, at school, driving...

...and the times that I finally get my mind off of pharmacy school, i get asked how the applications are coming...

...can't get a break. :laugh:

Right?

I think about it constantly...at work, at school, driving...

...and the times that I finally get my mind off of pharmacy school, i get asked how the applications are coming...

...can't get a break. :laugh:

How funny! Seriously, though. Can't get away even when I'm sleeping lol

At least u were able to dream, I had major anxiety and couldn't fall asleep. For the Hilo interview I was fine the night before but I remember averaging 2 hrs of sleep in 48 hrs for my first interview ever with another school. But now waiting is even worst!! Major anxiety... Omg I check my email about every 15 minutes lol.

I think my only personal question was, "What

was the last book that you read?" The rest were related to pharmacy, plus some questions that have to do with working in a group and ethics.

Hopefully we hear from them soon! :) I dreamt about UHH CoP like 4 times last night. Is anyone else experiencing this?? Before an interview for another school, I had 3 dreams about the interview experience in one night too, lol. Crazyyy.

At least u were able to dream, I had major anxiety and couldn't fall asleep. For the Hilo interview I was fine the night before but I remember averaging 2 hrs of sleep in 48 hrs for my first interview ever with another school. But now waiting is even worst!! Major anxiety... Omg I check my email about every 15 minutes lol.

Haha, actually I don't dream like that the night before interviews...I can never sleep the night before either :( And yup, just checking my e-mail everrrry time i can haha

If they're keeping the same trend as last year, we should be finding out today...

I think the first acceptance that was shared on SDN was on the 17th..so I think I'm gonna start feeling sad if I still haven't heard from them by the 20th.

The office of admissions sent out an e-mail that they are closing the offices from the 18th through January 3rd or 4th (can't remember the end date) for the holidays.

I asked if we would have decisions before then and they said that they would try to let most people know before the 18th although they might not be able to get to everyone's file by then. I interviewed on Saturday so I'm sure I'll be the one who they don't review.

I also followed up this morning but haven't heard back yet. I'm so nervous.......

The office of admissions sent out an e-mail that they are closing the offices from the 18th through January 3rd or 4th (can't remember the end date) for the holidays.

I asked if we would have decisions before then and they said that they would try to let most people know before the 18th although they might not be able to get to everyone's file by then. I interviewed on Saturday so I'm sure I'll be the one who they don't review.

I also followed up this morning but haven't heard back yet. I'm so nervous.......

Mine was Saturday morning too :(

Yeah the applicants found out the following thursday after interviews last year, which is today... Good luck everyone!!!

Interviewed Dec 10 and just received acceptance letter today at 5:20 PM PST.

WooooooHooooooo!! I just checked my email!! ACCEPTED BABYYYY!!! :biglove:

Congrats to everyone else on their acceptance as well! :highfive:

You guys are killin' me with your acceptances, haha. At least I know I should expect something soon. And congrats to everyone!

OMG me too me too!!!! I didn't think that e-mail was coming; I've been clicking on "Inbox" to check my e-mail! AHHHH!!! Congrats everyone!!! :highfive: