University of Houston Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poojerrr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about how long it takes for UHCO to respond back with interviews? I had my application verified and have received interviews or application holds from pretty much every school I have applied to. I'm instate and the optometrist I shadow has a daughter that goes there now and has talked to the dean. He told me that no one has gotten acceptances but from the Class of 2021 posts- that doesn't seem to be true...

Any and all information would be helpful. UHCO is the last school I'm really thinking about attending prior to making a decision between SCO and UAB.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Houston 2 years ago in August when the application first opened. Never heard anything from them even though I called repeatedly. Finally when the cycle was nearly over and I'd already decided on another school they let me know they weren't interested. I would say if it's been a long time and you haven't heard anything, it's probably not a great sign unfortunately! Hopefully you have better luck than I did!

Hi,

I received an email from OptomCAS that stated my application was finalized and verified on the morning of December 7, 2016. I then received an email from UHCO on December 12, 2016 saying that my application was being reviewed by their admissions staff, and actually received an email about an hour later extending an interview invitation. All in all, it took 5 days to hear back from UHCO after OptomCAS had sent my application.

I interviewed at UHCO a couple weeks ago, and received an acceptance call the evening after.
Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!

Also, if you don't mind me asking about your GPA and your OAT scores, I can compare them to mine to give you a good idea of where you currently stand!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I received an email from OptomCAS that stated my application was finalized and verified on the morning of December 7, 2016. I then received an email from UHCO on December 12, 2016 saying that my application was being reviewed by their admissions staff, and actually received an email about an hour later extending an interview invitation. All in all, it took 5 days to hear back from UHCO after OptomCAS had sent my application.

I interviewed at UHCO a couple weeks ago, and received an acceptance call the evening after.
Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!

Also, if you don't mind me asking about your GPA and your OAT scores, I can compare them to mine to give you a good idea of where you currently stand!

I think with an updated OptomCas application my GPA was a 3.02 (underwent treatment for a liver disease twice during undergrad- which I explained in my personal statement) and my OAT was a 360.

Thanks! I really hope to hear from them soon! And congrats on the acceptance!!

I think with an updated OptomCas application my GPA was a 3.02 (underwent treatment for a liver disease twice during undergrad- which I explained in my personal statement) and my OAT was a 360.

Thanks! I really hope to hear from them soon! And congrats on the acceptance!!

While your GPA may be a little low (mine was 3.69), I think you should be okay as long as you explained so in your personal statement! As for your OAT, that's a really good score! Mine was 330. Good luck!