University of Illinois at Chicago application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the email a couple of minutes ago. Looks like there are a lot of slots available.

They already sent you the email with the instructions on how to schedule? or are you talking about the first email they sent us?

Members don't see this ad.

They already sent you the email with the instructions on how to schedule? or are you talking about the first email they sent us?

They sent out the email with instructions on how to schedule about an hour ago

(midnight central time)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am! What time slot are you scheduled for? I wonder how many people are interviewing per time slot.

I signed up for the 4-5 time slot. It was the earliest one available when I looked. How about you??

I signed up for the 4-5 time slot. It was the earliest one available when I looked. How about you??

I signed up for the 3-4 time slot. Maybe there's one person per time slot. If that's the case we can gauge how many people they're inviting for interviews!! That's only my guess though...

i'm also in the 4-5 time slot. i guess there's only a few spots for each time slot. unless they're filling up super fasttt since i signed up 30 min after i got the email O_O haha

Is January 4th the first available date? I just saw the email and wonder if there were any earlier slots available that got filled up.

I scheduled my interview on January 12th during the 4-5pm time slot

I'm out of the country till the 12th :( I'll be there Jan 28th for the 12-1 time slot. Anyone else?

I just got my invite too!!! I really hope they're not interviewing too many people, cuz that would just waste everyone's time and the interviewee's money. I would have signed up for the 4th, but I already have an interview scheduled then (although at a school lower on my list). I'm on the 18th now from 3-4pm. Anyone else on this day/time slot??

I got it on the 14th.

Does anybody know anything about the interview? they said something about MMI and six different charactersitcs

Members don't see this ad :)
for everyone that got an interview invite, what did you select as your campus preference?

Being an out-of-state prospective student, I'm going to pick the later January dates, probably January 28, because I don't want to be caught up in the post-New Year's and/or post-Christmas traffic.

I got an invite to interview at the rockford campus.. is that bad? :confused: If by any chance I get accepted does it mean I have to attend the rockford campus?

I got an invite to interview at the rockford campus.. is that bad? :confused: If by any chance I get accepted does it mean I have to attend the rockford campus?

Did you put "Rockford" or "no preference" as your campus choice?

I put no preference since I'm out of state .. Hope I didn't make a mistake

I put no preference since I'm out of state .. Hope I didn't make a mistake

If you get accepted to the Rockford campus you have to go there. Unless the spots at Rockford fills up first. Although I've been told by the admission's staff that never happens. Is anyone else interviewing 1/4 @ 3-4 pm?

anyone know much about the on/off campus housing? I will be living with my wife and don't know the best options if I were to be accepted here.. Where is the nicest place to stay with the best security?

you don't like colorado?

Oh no I loved Colorado! I didn't get to see Denver much though, which I was sad about... Though everyone says it is a great city.
At any rate, I am an international student and have never been to Chicago, so I want to use this interview opportunity to see the city as well :) Also, the school is supposed to be great and, well, maybe I'll like it more than Colorado. I had to pay the deposit for Colorado though and that was painful, way too much money.
I seriously wish I were a citizen just so it would have been easier to choose a school (I would have just gone to one in my state since that would be much cheaper).

Oh no I loved Colorado! I didn't get to see Denver much though, which I was sad about... Though everyone says it is a great city.
At any rate, I am an international student and have never been to Chicago, so I want to use this interview opportunity to see the city as well :) Also, the school is supposed to be great and, well, maybe I'll like it more than Colorado. I had to pay the deposit for Colorado though and that was painful, way too much money.
I seriously wish I were a citizen just so it would have been easier to choose a school (I would have just gone to one in my state since that would be much cheaper).

I am an international student too!! I know what you mean about having to pay the non-resident tuition! ouch!

My husband and I both got invites, but we declined so hopefully that opens up a few more. It's just too late to start considering another school, especially when we've already interviewed and been accepted to other schools. Sorry UIC :(

thanks! I am from a small town so I'm just kind of nervous about living in such a big city :oops:

Np! I'm from CA, so I scheduled my interview for late February in case I hear from CA schools earlier than UIC.

Hey everyone,
I was wondering do you pay the supplemental fee via online portion of the application or do we mail it in with the rest of the materials with check? Thanks! I emailed them but they didn't respond, they must be swamped.

I am an international student too!! I know what you mean about having to pay the non-resident tuition! ouch!

Yea it's terrible. Well, I hope your interview goes well and you get placed in the Chicago campus (I'm assuming that's what you would rather want, based on your previous posts). Do you go to school here in the US? Where are you from? :) And is Chicago your first choice?

Yea it's terrible. Well, I hope your interview goes well and you get placed in the Chicago campus (I'm assuming that's what you would rather want, based on your previous posts). Do you go to school here in the US? Where are you from? :) And is Chicago your first choice?

I hope it goes well for you too. I haven't been to Chicago so I didn't really have a preference but seems like Chicago would've been a better choice ha. I am from Bangladesh and currently studying at Minnesota State University. The U of MN is my first choice but I got put on the ranked waitlist fml :(.. so my second and third choices are Madison and UIC respectively.

What about you? :)

I hope it goes well for you too. I haven't been to Chicago so I didn't really have a preference but seems like Chicago would've been a better choice ha. I am from Bangladesh and currently studying at Minnesota State University. The U of MN is my first choice but I got put on the ranked waitlist fml :(.. so my second and third choices are Madison and UIC respectively.

What about you? :)

I'm from Turkey. I actually graduated from Rice University in 2010, now I'm taking some pre-reqs. I don't really have a first choice, actually, I'm just going to schools trying to figure out which one I fit in. So far my favorite is UColorado! I really liked there program BUT I'm hoping to fall in love with UIC :) and get accepted. I am not sure about UNC... didn't hear back yet, so no need to think about it much I guess. I actually am applying to U of MN as well, but uhhh I was too lazy after sending all the apps and I haven't finished theirs yet I know I should. I paid their fee too haha. Oh man...

I got it on the 14th.

Does anybody know anything about the interview? they said something about MMI and six different charactersitcs

Wat time is ur interview?
Yea it sounds like a tough interview process

Anybody interviewing on the 12th from chicago?
Whats a good hotel to stay at thats close to the school??

Wat time is ur interview?
Yea it sounds like a tough interview process

Mine is at noon.
I hope that the people, who interview in the first couple of days, post something about the interview here.

anyone else interviewing on the 14th.. its kind of cool that its on a saturday :D

Mine is at noon.
I hope that the people, who interview in the first couple of days, post something about the interview here.

Yea I think they will. And i think the 4th is the first interview day.
Are u from chicago?

Yea I think they will. And i think the 4th is the first interview day.
Are u from chicago?

no I'm not from Chicago. I live in the suburbs. like 20 minutes away.

Does anybody know when we're supposed to send the coursework form again for UIC? because the Academic Update started a couple of days ago on PharmCAS

Hey everyone,
I was wondering do you pay the supplemental fee via online portion of the application or do we mail it in with the rest of the materials with check? Thanks! I emailed them but they didn't respond, they must be swamped.

They take very long to reply. Don't worry.

Does anybody know when we're supposed to send the coursework form again for UIC? because the Academic Update started a couple of days ago on PharmCAS

I assume you have your grades for Fall semester already. Send them as soon as possible, the earlier you do it the faster your application is processed.

Good luck to all!

For the people who interviewed/ were accepted (regular decision): how long after submitting your supplement did you hear back about an interview? PharmCAS was mailed out on 12/05 for me and I received the UIC supplement on the same day. I sent out everything within two weeks (just confirmed that they have my supplement materials over the phone).

For the people who interviewed/ were accepted (regular decision): how long after submitting your supplement did you hear back about an interview? PharmCAS was mailed out on 12/05 for me and I received the UIC supplement on the same day. I sent out everything within two weeks (just confirmed that they have my supplement materials over the phone).

I sent my supplemental around 10/25 and heard back for interview 12/12. As far as I know, UIC has not interviewed/accepted anyone and just started sending out interview invites.

I sent my supplemental around 10/25 and heard back for interview 12/12. As far as I know, UIC has not interviewed/accepted anyone and just started sending out interview invites.

Cool thanks for the info! :)

I just got my invite too!!! I really hope they're not interviewing too many people, cuz that would just waste everyone's time and the interviewee's money. I would have signed up for the 4th, but I already have an interview scheduled then (although at a school lower on my list). I'm on the 18th now from 3-4pm. Anyone else on this day/time slot??

HAHAH!!! I'm RIGHT AFTER YOU!!! I'm on the 18th from 4-5! :)